UPN Announcement

Robster83

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOP and MI6 already have quite a few nations that have fought several rounds, dropped a significant amount of NS and now dominate their current NS range by virtue of higher tech levels, wonders, etc. so you should be able to knock our teeth in already.

Introducing HB and UPN just gives people the option of easier 'n less prepared targets, particularly seeing as most of your nations under 50k are in peace mode — they're going to be cannon fodder and/or a distraction (which is a half-commendable, half-stupid sacrifice on their part), not knocking our teeth in.

I, for one, fully hope to take advantage of UPN and HB's tech farms to rebuild what I've lost from TOP and MI6.

I, for one, fully hope to take advantage of UPN and HB's tech farms to rebuild what I've lost from TOP and MI6.

Go ahead and tell yourself that buddy, because right now I'm raiding RnR tech and sending it to our guys attacking your president.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

TOP and MI6 already have quite a few nations that have fought several rounds, dropped a significant amount of NS and now dominate their current NS range by virtue of higher tech levels, wonders, etc. so you should be able to knock our teeth in already.

Introducing HB and UPN just gives people the option of easier 'n less prepared targets, particularly seeing as most of your nations under 50k are in peace mode — they're going to be cannon fodder and/or a distraction (which is a half-commendable, half-stupid sacrifice on their part), not knocking our teeth in.

I love how y'all conveniently forget that TOP and MI6 are still engaged with other alliances on top of hitting R&R. It would be different if we were engaging R&R solely but we are not. Thus, not only will TOP and MI6 be hitting other nations outside of R&R but also being hit by other nations outside of R&R. 

As for HB and UPN, they will do damage regardless. They will knock your teeth in mate, just give them time.

I, for one, will be the person to break it to you. UPN puts out 0.904 damage per every damage taken, HB 0.979 while RnR does 0.684 damage per every damage taken.

All odds are that these DoWs were intended to get UPN and HB above 1.0 

Edited by alyster

I love how y'all conveniently forget that TOP and MI6 are still engaged with other alliances on top of hitting R&R. It would be different if we were engaging R&R solely but we are not. Thus, not only will TOP and MI6 be hitting other nations outside of R&R but also being hit by other nations outside of R&R. 

As for HB and UPN, they will do damage regardless. They will knock your teeth in mate, just give them time.

No-one's forgotten that TOP and MI6 are engaged elsewhere. The simple fact is that if more were fighting like Myth, then you may have people uncomfortable — HB and UPN are not going to make people uncomfortable, they are going to be respite. The fact there are key differences in membership (less active, prepared and experienced, less politically involved) is not a slight against them, it's just a sign of how they've built their communities (GoT theme, recruiting indiscriminately, etc.) by comparison.

Everyone's aware that HB really don't want to fight R&R again, so as much as they try to psych themselves up they're going to lose something in terms of commitment and enthusiasm. Similarly, UPN have a lot of non-nuclear, low-tech nations below 50k NS sitting out of peace mode and that is going to leave them vulnerable. Putting more nations on R&R doesn't mean it's going to get any better for us, but masta's assertion seems little more than chest-thumping.

If you and masta are going to get all precious 'n offended over the fact you were paid a compliment, and I didn't see anyone from UPN/HB taking a fairly objective comparison with TOP/MI6 as an insult, then you need to get over yourselves.

Don't worry sweet prince, I assure you will never have such an opportunity so long as I'm in range and it can be helped.

Your battle buddy.

No-one's forgotten that TOP and MI6 are engaged elsewhere. The simple fact is that if more were fighting like Myth, then you may have people uncomfortable — HB and UPN are not going to make people uncomfortable, they are going to be respite. The fact there are key differences in membership (less active, prepared and experienced, less politically involved) is not a slight against them, it's just a sign of how they've built their communities (GoT theme, recruiting indiscriminately, etc.) by comparison.

Everyone's aware that HB really don't want to fight R&R again, so as much as they try to psych themselves up they're going to lose something in terms of commitment and enthusiasm. Similarly, UPN have a lot of non-nuclear, low-tech nations below 50k NS sitting out of peace mode and that is going to leave them vulnerable. Putting more nations on R&R doesn't mean it's going to get any better for us, but masta's assertion seems little more than chest-thumping.

If you and masta are going to get all precious 'n offended over the fact you were paid a compliment, and I didn't see anyone from UPN/HB taking a fairly objective comparison with TOP/MI6 as an insult, then you need to get over yourselves.

I think I still have the log somewhere about "to think I said something nice about you the other day." :P

To be fair deer, I do take issue with calling UPN/HB incompetent or unprepared, simply because I don't think y'all have room to talk this war.

I like y'all but the bad-mouthing of other alliances doesn't suit you. Maybe WS. Which is why he should join MI6...also because he's a teapot...but R&R?

UPN's also done a lot for MI6 personally this war as well as this coalition, so not cool!

Edited by IYIyTh

Will be like two peas in a pod, unprepared nations (which there is a lot of in RnR) against "less prepared targets" 

Burn.

If I wasn't already aware of our deficiencies in being an alliance that recruits indiscriminately, has more member turnover than 'elite' alliances, has less of an activity requirement, etc. — the same things I was talking about with HB and UPN — then I may have taken that as an insult.

I think I still have the log somewhere about "to think I said something nice about you the other day." :P

To be fair deer, I do take issue with calling UPN/HB incompetent or unprepared, simply because I don't think y'all have room to talk this war.

I like y'all but the bad-mouthing of other alliances doesn't suit you. Maybe WS. Which is why he should join MI6...also because he's a teapot...but R&R?

UPN's also done a lot for MI6 personally this war as well as this coalition, so not cool!

I never called them incompetent, and I don't think they are incompetent. They're just not TOP or MI6, and I think R&R members will enjoy the targets.

Edit: I agree with respect to the 'bad-mouthing' — I've made a point of reassuring HB and saying we don't actually hate them, and I think a lot of it over the past couple of weeks could have gone without being said. However, I wasn't putting on any sort of "R&R'S GONNA DESTROY YOUSEEEEEEE" type bravado and think it's fine to debate the merit 'n intent of two alliances entering the war against us.

Edited by AmbroseIV

Burn.

If I wasn't already aware of our deficiencies in being an alliance that recruits indiscriminately, has more member turnover than 'elite' alliances, has less of an activity requirement, etc. — the same things I was talking about with HB and UPN — then I may have taken that as an insult.

That would be nice if I was on about all the newly established nations of the world and not most of the lower-mid tier and upwards which I was talking about  ;)

That would be nice if I was on about all the newly established nations of the world and not most of the lower-mid tier and upwards which I was talking about  ;)

I don't know if you're aware, but Nas has been sitting outside my bedroom window for the better part of the last year, waiting for me. He'd regularly climb up the tree in our yard and through my window. We'd sit there braiding each other's hair, talking about boys, gossiping and giggling about R&R 'n Invicta...

... and so I know for as much as you want to get in some sort of dig, you're exactly the same.

I don't know if you're aware, but Nas has been sitting outside my bedroom window for the better part of the last year, waiting for me. He'd regularly climb up the tree in our yard and through my window. We'd sit there braiding each other's hair, talking about boys, gossiping and giggling about R&R 'n Invicta...

... and so I know for as much as you want to get in some sort of dig, you're exactly the same.

I understand that 99.9% of CN will look at me awkward now, but... are you one of the twins? , 

The majority of those that check in at RnR always had piss poor warchests, not a one off but an alliance trend.

You can chest thump when you have fought as long as NATO and TIO without half your alliance tapping out or suing for peace.

You wanted a dig, well there it is  :ehm:

I was not offended but y'all make it sound as if TOP/MI6 did not need some help in the lower tiers given the other alliances we are fighting. That is all I was saying. As for HB/UPN, reread what I said. I said that eventually they will knock your teeth in, mostly as TOP/MI6/Umb lower tiers continue to smash into R&R. So, what I was stating was also a fairly objective statement and no, I was not insulted just tired of the insinuation that we were not at a disadvantage in the lower tiers. Now, we can ensure we can maintain staggers and keep y'all from restocking properly to continue to the war effort for a much longer duration. 

. That is all I was saying. As for HB/UPN, reread what I said. I said that eventually they will knock your teeth in, mostly as TOP/Umb lower tiers continue to smash into R&R.

What, all 30 of them in war mode? Those brave warriors deserve credit for bucking the hippy trend in those AA's no doubt, but they don't have the numbers to change anything :(

I never called them incompetent, and I don't think they are incompetent. They're just not TOP or MI6, and I think R&R members will enjoy the targets.

Edit: I agree with respect to the 'bad-mouthing' — I've made a point of reassuring HB and saying we don't actually hate them, and I think a lot of it over the past couple of weeks could have gone without being said. However, I wasn't putting on any sort of "R&R'S GONNA DESTROY YOUSEEEEEEE" type bravado and think it's fine to debate the merit 'n intent of two alliances entering the war against us.

I can agree with this. Just wishing this train of thought was making its way down the entire line as it's been absent sometimes :|

I was not offended but y'all make it sound as if TOP/MI6 did not need some help in the lower tiers given the other alliances we are fighting. That is all I was saying. As for HB/UPN, reread what I said. I said that eventually they will knock your teeth in, mostly as TOP/MI6/Umb lower tiers continue to smash into R&R. So, what I was stating was also a fairly objective statement and no, I was not insulted just tired of the insinuation that we were not at a disadvantage in the lower tiers. Now, we can ensure we can maintain staggers and keep y'all from restocking properly to continue to the war effort for a much longer duration. 

Doch the deer started playing nice we can put our teefs back for now

What, all 30 of them in war mode? Those brave warriors deserve credit for bucking the hippy trend in those AA's no doubt, but they don't have the numbers to change anything :(

MI6 is currently fighting more wars per capita than any alliance in our coalition, a fact that has been true for almost the entire duration of the conflict. TOP, on the other hand -- has done a considerable deal of damage and has seriously aided in our damage totals through coordination. 

Again, if y'all want to pick a competence/strategy fight we're your huckleberry.