Announcement from the Green Protection Agency

I'm pretty sure NpO is going to declare war on you for stealing their intellectual properly.  They are pretty touchy about this sort of thing.  It’s just a side effect of Shriveled Balls Syndrome, not really their fault.

Copyrighting any usage of wings*? In my CN?!

How are you Steve it's a long time we don't chat... :(

* It has to be noted that that artwork was made personally by Arrnea. The guy is capable of doing one thing or two!

Well if you keep him a couple hundreds of light years away from anything that has to do with diplomacy. We all know that.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^This

:wub:

It is not remarkable that an alliance that does absolutely nothing and has no intention of ever doing so looks upon the derision of the world with smugness.  Please continue to feel validated while you play a very extended version SimCity failing to engage with the wider community in any meaningful form.  Next year you can announce how you have done nothing for another year and chortle in your tea cup at how silly the rest of us are.  Do not expect anyone actually making an effort to applaud your efforts at self-congratulation, you want to be left alone, please do us all favour and be alone quietly.

Irrelevant forever. Click click click.

It is not remarkable that an alliance that does absolutely nothing and has no intention of ever doing so looks upon the derision of the world with smugness. Please continue to feel validated while you play a very extended version SimCity failing to engage with the wider community in any meaningful form. Next year you can announce how you have done nothing for another year and chortle in your tea cup at how silly the rest of us are. Do not expect anyone actually making an effort to applaud your efforts at self-congratulation, you want to be left alone, please do us all favour and be alone quietly.

Irrelevant forever. Click click click.

When it comes to Caladin I can distinguish between ironic jokes and smug, and that was of the former kind. I'll concede that it was easy to misunderstand it, though. ( <_< Caladin <_< )

As for the rest of your criticism, the Agency has her own way to be engaged with the rest of CN. We are just not interested in aggressive wars and we don't want to commit to the defence of others, nor we ask to others to commit to defend us.

Some claim that CyberNations is a world of alliance wars, and for these the GPA is thus completely disconnected from the rest of CN, which is a respectable opinion I'd anyway disagree with.
At the very least, as we both very well know, the Agency isn't immune from being attacked (this actually gives us a very practical "something" to do during our time here, doesn't it?) but you're definitely not a fool and you thus know that there's actually much more than that.
The very basic job of an alliance is to protect the security of its members and to protect its sovereignty on its territory (Alliance Affiliation), which are tasks that both require structure and action. To survive, any alliance of meaningful size has also to try ensure that its Foreign Affairs are in order, which requires relationship. All of this caused practically every alliance to develop internal rules and roles and external relations, and the GPA isn't an exception to any of this.
I can assure you that the GPA has in fact her hands permanently full with tasks to be performed, with organizational needs that have to be met and with foreign relationships that have to be maintained: if anything, we'd be relieved if we had less stuff to do, and we can't always do all that we'd actually need to.
The fact that we don't walk the mainstream path of formalized and stable relationships (treaties) and that we don't attach ourselves to the existing power-clusters, nor we try to develop our own one, doesn't mean that we're not doing our job. It doesn't either mean that we don't have a job to do, or that it's easier.

One could as easily try to mock you "treaty-hoarders" for following the "easy" route of outsourcing part of your protection to allies. The attempt to reduce all the alliance management to the unidimensional effort of "being part of the biggest power cluster", or the cession of sovereignty necessary to do so, and almost countless other (good/bad) arguments could also be put forth to criticize non-neutral stances.
I anyway don't think that such debates are very productive (or even interesting) as ultimately we're all here to be what we want to be (ooc: and in the way which is the most funny for us) and it's just silly to claim that everyone should do what this or that or any other party is or has been doing.
Of this at least you can in fact be sure: as long as you don't threaten or harm her, the Agency will never bug or annoy you with their opinion on the way you should conduct your own affairs, as we have a sacred respect of our good neighbourhood. If that makes it necessary to be "irrelevant", well, so be it.
You very well know this too, as the GPA and Polaris aren't new to friendly/unfriendly communication - when not military coordination, by the way - and we never made a mystery that we're happy with Polaris being the Polaris way.

tl;dr: We are just different, what else needs to be said? Also jokes are jokes.

Edit: syntax Edited by jerdge

What is this "winning" and where do I find some? It sounds like something good.

OOC: CN has no endgame and having the highest current score doesn't mean much. Uniformity, if anything, makes the game more boring.
Neutral "hate" is legit gameplay though.

We are far from uniform even without the neutrals in the mix.  I am not sure there is any point in being neutral other than to collect stuff, which given the apparent lack of interference in your schedules, you seem to be rather poor at.

I think being neutral is just a cop out for people who are scared of the big bad wolf.  If it had not already been demonstrated that your alliance huddling together for protection was meaningless in the face of an angry mob I would maybe see some value in those you suck into the mediocrity vortex with you.  It is only convention that protects you, not any great desire to see neutrals left alone.

You can do as you wish, but unlike others, you will get no respect from me until you actually engage in some meaningful way with the affairs of Bob.  I am sure there are other worlds where your vibe would be considered appropriate, but this world runs on high voltage debate, politics and threats of war culminating in conflicts where both sides blow each other to bits.  The fact your alliance contributes nothing to debate, politics or war means you are parasites living off the lifeblood of Bob.

The fact I can so mercilessly insult your ethic with such confidence of no reprisal is exactly why I dislike neutrals.... but it doesn't mean I don't like you.  The fact is I have more respect for TOP and GOONS even though I dislike both of them strongly.

I really don't want to chime in, because as I said earlier, this thread was only an invite for trolling.

However, I am not scared of the "big bad wolf." So many people confuse neutrality with pacifism or indifference. I am not afraid of sending my nation to war and losing pixels. And I'm especially not afraid of fighting for my friends. Do you want to know why I'm personally neutral? Because I've been screwed over, have been used as a meatshield, and have been used as a tool for dirty politics. Since then I have chosen the neutral path. Anyone can say that we're a waste of space because we play the game differently, but we do not show those people disrespect. The only reason we bother people is because we exist, and unfortunately, we're not going anywhere.

I really don't understand this argument, if neutrals were "banned" by convention tomorrow, do you think all those people would suddenly have an epiphany and start acting the way you want them to?  No, most would probably leave this planet.

So what difference does it make if a few hundred people want to have a little side-thing going on where they just build peacefully while the rest of us beat each other senseless?  I cannot, no matter how hard I try, see how neutral AA's cause any damage to other people's experience.

obligatory Neutral Menace  :ph34r:

We are far from uniform even without the neutrals in the mix.  I am not sure there is any point in being neutral other than to collect stuff, which given the apparent lack of interference in your schedules, you seem to be rather poor at.

I think being neutral is just a cop out for people who are scared of the big bad wolf.  If it had not already been demonstrated that your alliance huddling together for protection was meaningless in the face of an angry mob I would maybe see some value in those you suck into the mediocrity vortex with you.  It is only convention that protects you, not any great desire to see neutrals left alone.

You can do as you wish, but unlike others, you will get no respect from me until you actually engage in some meaningful way with the affairs of Bob.  I am sure there are other worlds where your vibe would be considered appropriate, but this world runs on high voltage debate, politics and threats of war culminating in conflicts where both sides blow each other to bits.  The fact your alliance contributes nothing to debate, politics or war means you are parasites living off the lifeblood of Bob.

The fact I can so mercilessly insult your ethic with such confidence of no reprisal is exactly why I dislike neutrals.... but it doesn't mean I don't like you.  The fact is I have more respect for TOP and GOONS even though I dislike both of them strongly.

One of the reasons you can't understand the point in being neutral for is probably that you're taking it for granted that it's about the point in being neutral. We may try to resume the general idea with expressions like "leading your own nation and minding your own little/big/silly/interesting/whatever stuff", but each individual neutral has her/his preferences about it.

Grub, of course you're entitled to your vision of what this world would run on and you're entitled to claim that we neutrals are "parasites", but until you actually explain the mechanism that would somehow allow us to suck "the lifeblood of Bob" (or to "suck people in vortexes", and all the other pretty unqualified expressions that you used) I will rather think that you're just dressing the usual content-less triteness with aggressive pomposity. You yourself are the one that calls "insults" his own words, after all.
If your "insults" are incapable of offending us, by the way, why on Bob should we bother to waste our time with any kind of thoughts about reprisal? You're not even concealing very well that you're purposedly just being provocative*...

Side note: whatever would be that protected us, I would be OK with it as long as it worked, not minding very much how "it should be called". Unfortunately, I doubt that we're all that protected, after all. :(
Oh well.

* Not as in "sexy". :P

To be perfectly fair, GPA and its members interact a heck of a lot more with the rest of the world than say, WTF.