Alliances Throughout the Years

Lurunin

First of all Only IRON

That said I think you count Umb and especaly Top out too fast.

I feal like Im up 5-1 at the end of the first ining agests last years world serise champian

I always find it interesting seeing people's choice of alliances change over their career of CN. You can literally find them in one alliance despising another, but then a year+ later are in that same alliance. You can see multiple people alliance jump 2-5 alliances each month, you can find so many merging into others or splinters breaking away from others that it's hard to keep it straight where someone is.

The most intriguing thing, to me atleast, is how when someone changes alliances; how that cultures changes them.

Hell i bet most of you have a nice idea in your heads of someone like this right now even.

So in short, what alliances have you been in since your start of CN? If you can please provide dates so we can also see what happened around those times as well (maybe you joined an alliance and left a week or two before they disbanded or joined for a stint due to wanting to be a war mercenary, etc.)

And if you want to include why you joined a certain alliance or left one go ahead and post it up anyway. Always fun seeing what goes through people's minds, especially when two people may see a situation entirely differently :popcorn:

______

I'll go ahead and start it off i guess.

I started my career being recruited off-site by a friend who had been trying to get me into it for a few weeks. I finally conceded and made a nation and applied for the alliance he was running (PPO infact). It's literally the only alliance i've ever been apart of. Good or bad, you tell me. But i've made plenty of friends thanks to it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FCC (Bjorkland)

Rogue(Bjorkland)

ONS (Bjorkland)

deletion

Re-roll(Empire of the Wolf)

Nato(Empire of the Wolf)

Lets see... I joined in late '06, December I think. After a few weeks of getting my arse raided, I got talked into joining the Fifth Column Confederation (FCC) 

Stayed with them in happy neutral land for several months. Eventually felt that I wanted to be more involved and Left FCC to fight as a rogue nation under the AA "FAN-FRIEND" in that conflict. From there, I established my own alliance, the "Order of the Northern Star" Which grew fairly well, signing a pact with 2 other small alliances Serenity by Force and GORN. 

IN RL. by late 2007 I had moved to New Zealand and was slowing down on my involvement with CN. I handed over control of ONS, and eventually let my nation go in 2008. Then in the end of 2012 I was looking for a CN like game to play, and decided that maybe I should just get back into CN. Re-rollled as Empire of the Wolf, joined NATO, and have been happy enough with them so far =) 

p.s. I was sad to discover that both the FCC (which i had served as government with) and the ONS(which I had been the original Emperor of) had failed in my long absence. I appreciate whoever protected the FCC AA in particular. As my first alliance, it holds a special place in my heart and Im happy that it had such good friends at its end.

B-)

:wub:  CATS {r.i.p.} September 2007-December 2009

:awesome:  AVALANCHE {currently} March 2010 - On.

Both Great Micros with Historic path on CN...!!!

United Union: Joined the alliance shortly after creating a nation. Left  the alliance after it let a raider (later rogue) ZI me dispite it having more than three memebers capable of hitting the raider. I was knocked down from 1.5K NS down to 100 NS. I'm glad it was disbanded a while ago.

DOOM: Zeke invited me, stayed there until it merged with TPF.

Edited by HHAYD

IRON (December 2006-February 2007): First alliance I joined after a friend from Warcraft 3 told me about the game when I talked about a browser game I played in the past. I was rather confused, asked a random big nation in-game for help (I think his name was ajewdude or something like that) and got no help probably because I didn't ask the right people. I left in early March after looking at small micros to join. This was when IRON was a democracy and had Sister Midnight leading it iirc. My friend didn't mind as long as I stayed on orange team (which I did).

Wolfpack (March 2007-August 2007): A micro that started out in February and was quickly growing to over 200 members by the end of the year. I was inactive, tried to get involved but went inactive when I didn't know how to conduct my responsibilities and make a treaty with FEAR (which happened eventually). I had anxiety issues at the time and had a chronic fear of failure that led to me becoming inactive and deleting on August. Only the spam part of the forum seemed active anyway. I was active enough to read a thread about Aegis being beat down on the CN forum. People say the CN forum is bad as if it used to be good, but I remember the mindless drones and hails that were just simply larger in number rather than higher in quality. However, some of the RP aspects of the game were more interesting and had walls of text that were sometimes worth reading. It seemed posting bad things about the stronger alliances would get you rolled from what I saw at the time. I'm glad I haven't seen that since I became active in 2009.

ODN (September 2007): same friend invite me to his new alliance in the ODN after I quit and went inactive in my last alliance. I went inactive in about a week and didn't do much until I deleted in December. I just remember that there was a war with GOONS (later learned to be the Unjust War) and that there were no targets for me. I was surprised how easy alliance application was at the time since I just made a post that I got recruited.

Wolfpack (March 2008- June 2008): I returned the day before IRON rolled Wolfpack for alleged spying. I saw the process where the academy guy said he was quitting then he joined a Wolfpack splinter where he claimed to have spied on them which led to Wolfpack's rolling and honorable surrender terms such as posting lamps or something. It seemed ridiculous and the terms were steep, but it didn't matter since I got bored and quit again. The alliance itself was rather inactive and I still haven't learned how to play the game at all. I only rejoined since they actually acknowledged my existence unlike IRON did in 2006 and the fact I forgot that ODN existed. 

ODN (April 2009- Present): Same friend as before recruited me into the game, but funnily he didn't stick around since Yates lost his test and Merlin wouldn't mask him as a member- having a grudge against Merlin for a while. That friend eventually made a nation in GATO and later a micro, but I finally got involved in my community. I learned the game, made friends and contacts with ODN and its allies. I was happy to fight IRON in the BiPolar war since they rolled my last alliance. I eventually made a serious bid for a government position in July 2011 where I did two terms as a Senator and two more in 2012. I aspired to be SoS since I first joined the State Department in 2009, but never reached past Deputy since I was gone the month I was finally offered the position. Although I thought about leaving several times, something always puts that off and I stick around. I'm pretty content where I am as a Justice since it requires only occasional work and my interest in the game has waned somewhat to simply an observatory role in how it plays out rather than trying to be involved in its politics.

created *1/3/2008
OG *1/3/2008-*3/27/2008
IRON *3/27/2008-*11/28/2008
Mars 11/28/2008?-3/20/2009?
Vox *3/20/2009-*5/19/2009
Bushido *5/19/2009-*9/23/2010
GLOF *9/23/2010-*3/1/2011
AESIR *3/1/2011?-*1/30/2012
OMFG *1/30/2012-*8/9/2012
GLOF *8/11/12-02/7/13

stars are exact dates

Edited by Hegemon Rob

I started back in 2009, a day after creating my nation, LennynKarl, recruited me into NATO.  While i have been on and off with them since then because of real life taking its toll.  I've always returned to NATO.  I've made some great friends in NATO and proud to be a member. :)

Oh dear, let's see if I can remember them.

Recruited by a friend, started playing around 08

CSN - Didn't know wtf I was doing, went rogue on a NSO nation and soon left CSN.

The Brotherhood - Didn't know wtf I was doing, went rogue on some nation and deleted thereafter.

DELETION

The Nation of East Blue was made.

RIA - Friend was in it, was there for about 8 months

Sparta - First AA I actually did something in, left after 2 curb stomps.

NpO - The AA that I can say I have learned the most from, came out a strong player.

Sparta - Rejoined after new leadership was put in place(DA and Yeru). Been here since then.

Fark - Came over in the First Greenlight

TF! - A week or so into starting my nation, I got a random PM from Slayer to go off and join this new alliance.  Thinking back on it, it was probably the most harebrained decision I've ever made in this game.  Also the best.

TPF - WUT, Sanction, Continuum, etc.

Restored Imperial Shogunate - Started a micro-alliance that never really went anywhere.  But I did declare war on NpO, MDC, Sparta, and DUAL during the Unjust War in defense of TPF.  Got my flag on the wiki and everything  :awesome:

TPF - TPF, realizing their untenable position, surrendered to the RIS.  Out of convenience, I allowed TPF nations to remain in the TPF AA, keep their current leadership and forums, and changed my own AA to TPF.  A less made-up explanation is that I closed up RIS and headed back to TPF, where I've been ever since.

Started off in Illuminati just before GWII

Left them to help found CNC which became DLP while I was there. Left over personal differences.

Joined NPO and stayed there until I was asked by a friend to help squash racism in NoR by joining.

Left NoR for SoM until it was understood that we were in NoR's radar.

Joined Polaris after that until I was asked to come home to NPO.

Will be NPO till the end now.

GOLD - Noob days. Built up my hate of NPO

GPA - Sold tons of tech, built up my infra.

Gramlins - Buy a lot of tech.

Umbrella - Inactive days. Near quitting CN time.

Almost the same for me.

GPA - Noob days. Sold tech, built up my infra.

Gremlins - Buy a lot of tech, destroy hegemony.

Ronin - Inactive days (6 months). Near quitting CN time.

MK - Hear a big war is coming (TOP/CnG war) so decide to stick around CN and blow stuff up.  Still have a lot of tech so stick around to keep blowing stuff up.

Commonwealth of Sovereign Nations  [06-07]

My first alliance back in the hay day of the CSN. Fought some Unjust thugs and got dat sanctioned status all up in mah nation nomsayn?

Order of Feudalistic Security [07]

Joined the exodus out of the CSN for no good reason and found myself with the OFS. Don't ask why...

United Sovereign Brothers [07-08]

Called back by my CSN crew to help found the USB (pun intended) as Minister of the D. Membership grew to about 77 before our founder and Dear Leader decided to nuke GinoTheRoman for the lulz and quit.

DOOM [08]

Joined DOOM after falling out with the new USB leadership. Decided it was a good idea stop collecting taxes for a year or 4.

CRAP [13]

Made a valiant return to CN as member of CRAP. :D

Edited by Isotope

AoD Brigade (12/2007) - founding member

UPN (a few months in 2008) - left AOD Brigade to force then leader of AOD Brigade to accept the reality that they couldn't survive without a protectorate

TPF (mid-2008 until July 2009)

Zero Hour (July 2009 - January 2010) - disbanded - The events around this and friends leaving the game as a result basically sapped my enthusiasm for CN.

AoD Brigade (January 2010 - September 2012) - back to where it began until the remaining members either disappeared due to inactivity or went separate ways.  During this period, I basically just collected every couple weeks and was otherwise inactive wondering why I hadn't just allowed myself to be deleted.

TPF (September 2012 - present)

New Polar Order - Sept 2006 to Spring 2007 or something like that.  

CIN (Commonwealth of International Nations) - 2007 (Formed with other Ex-NpO)

TCF (Tri Color Federation) - .2007

MCXA - 2007 thru 2/2009

TSO - 2/2009 to present.

Left NpO for various reasons.  The same reasons everyone hated on them last war. We just knew how rotten the core was years before hand.  But back then we were just labelled 'Malcontents' and rolled when we formed CIN.  Long story, water under the bridge et al.  

Went on to form TCF with Jkush.  Never really took off and joined MCXA after being invited by SAM.  Been with SAM and the awesomeness that was/is MCXA/TSO for 6 years now.  I don't think I ever missed a war since GWII.

NPO (December 2006 or early 2007) - Started my unaligned nation on the red team. Eventually joined the one alliance on my color (so I wouldn't have to re-do trades) when I finally decided the world looked kind of dangerous. Enjoyed my time there, fought some Fark/LUE people, then enjoyed the total destruction of Great War 3 where I swore I took enormous damages, but I'm pretty sure the aid chain of $1.5mil that eventually hit me paid for the damages (I was still tiny, and most everyone else was pretty tiny, too). Around the same time, other people from my home site, MFO, were joining the game, regaled by tales of war from Durabo and myself, both in the NPO. As I rebuilt, I watched in horror as my soon-to-be alliance mates surpassed me in strength as they went around the world raiding tech and a bit of land while I suffered in Pacifica without the option of tech raiding. :(

MFO (Spring 2007 to whenever I joined Umbrella) - Now I joined my friends as we started up our own venture, with a mix of ideas. One, to build a decent alliance. Two, to see if we could make MFO to CN akin to what MFO to Age of Empires was, a site with strategies, guides, calculators, etc. Now in its heyday, that site had thousands of people on each day for AoK, and for CN we only managed a few visitors from time to time, so... in that aspect I guess we were a failure, though we did put out some decent stuff, and figuring out the game in order to write guides and calculators was fun and kept us occupied (since we weren't allied to anyone and were unlikely to see war unless someone just declared on us, always a high possibility). Meanwhile, I was buying tech when I didn't even have enough money to pay for 50 at a time, let alone 100. Really, we'd sell to each other for odd fractions since we didn't have any money and at the time didn't see any HUGE HUGE importance in tech, as we see in today's day and age. So at least I was a very early tech buyer, even if, in the later days of MFO, I would only barely keep my nation alive and miss out on years worth of tech. :( Yeah and then we disbanded because, (see above). A few former MFOers still live, thankfully two on my side of the war, and unfortunately... two in TIO... :P

Umbrella (Since whenever I left MFO... My AA seniority says Spring 2011, and I don't remember ever switching off AA) - And then I began importing tech again and enjoyed the privilege of being in the absolute best alliance in the game, both as far as nation-building went, and even more importantly, community. 

FUCN  - Left due to frequently being belittled as a new nation bby their Minister of Defense

Sparta - Left due to way too much internal government conflict

TBH - Disbaned and reformed as SLAP

SLAP - Merged with TPE

TPE - Left due to deletion

LOUD - Came back for a short stint to fulfill a promise made to Alcoholic before they disbanded.

ODN - They'd been really awesome and I had to give it a shot.  Had a hard time getting back into things, so deleted.

TPE - Came back to the game again, but just couldn't get the itch to stick with it. 

ODN - After a couple years away, I've definitely got the itch back that I was missing in my other returns.  Seeing as SLAP joined TPE and TPE joined ODN, it seemed only natural to go where all my friends are.

Let's see.

Joined Viridian Entente in August 2006 due to interesting messages from kirbygirl, Argin, Peeko, TheFinalHero, and Egore.  Rose quickly to government roles and was there till the Viridicide aka Green Civil War.  Post GCW, I went to GPA for a month, spent a few weeks causing problems with GGA and NPO, joined Golden Sabres with God of Salt.

I spent about 2-3 months there, I learned about guerilla fighting there and tech raiding.

Then Egore came back to the game, and plans were formed to start a new alliance that would be on the blue team and use the old Viridian ideals.  This was the Royal Dominion.  RD later merged with another alliance to reform the Viridian Entente.  This was late September of 2007.  After VE reformed, I've been there ever since.  Have I been tempted to leave?  Sure.  But honestly no other community does the same for me like VE's community.

So if I were to chart this:

August 2006 to May 2007 - Viridian Entente

May 2007 to June 2007 - GPA

June 2007 to July 2007 - Golden Sabres

July 2007 to Sept 2007 - Royal Dominion

Sept 2007 to present - Viridian Entente

Edited by Sooner