question for all alliances that were in the illuminati war

emperor666

[quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1344765972' post='3021184']
A better question would be why would you want him in such a high position in your alliance. Maybe he has changed, but that's taking a very big chance on someone that screwed up so fundamentally (from a position of strength no less) as to get Illuminati wiped out.

Btw, a chance to correct the history books if Terry Howard and other interested parties are listening. UPN took part in the Illuminati war not because Lolluminati betrayed NPO, but because they'd upset Invicta. Terry might have even had an advocate if he hadn't been so unreasonable to Dawny...
[/quote]

Terry Howard is clearly pure evil when he has BFF and UPN on the same page. Don't make us get along.

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1344841599' post='3021546']
Multiple years ago, don't let this lots ancient grudges stop you, Emperor666.

I for one would love to see Terry Howard back.
[/quote]

Agree with the puppet master.

It would be good to have more diverse leaders around. Terry will at least do something.

Honestly Emperor666, do what you want. If an alliance comes along and has a beef about it, resolve it then with diplomacy or war. Letting others dictate such things shouldn't be going on. You'll find out soon enough if someone is still butt-hurt about something 4 years ago.

Hey, if you want to join up with a guy who spent upwards of 2 years after the end of the Illuminati War sitting on that AA and threatening all of the more successful alliances formed by former Illuminati members, go right on ahead. If the Trilateral Commission were still around, I daresay you'd be rolled into the ground, but that, like the Illuminati, is ancient history.

As co principal architect of Lolluminati/Operation Edict, you can be assured that there are no grudges held and Terry Howard is more than welcome to join and ruin your alliance without interference from any of the geezers involved in that original adventure. I'm not saying it would be a great choice from your perspective, but he has been rerolled for a long time and if anybody had wanted to make a real issue out of his existence it would have already happened.

But then again, I'm retired.

Just know the facts (in addition to Magister Agricolarum's helpful link above) - https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0AbET2jhU-yQTZGhnNHdnNDdfMGNiNWRiY2Rw

/good times

[quote name='Anu Drake' timestamp='1345038242' post='3022138']
As co principal architect of Lolluminati/Operation Edict, you can be assured that there are no grudges held and Terry Howard is more than welcome to join and ruin your alliance without interference from any of the geezers involved in that original adventure. I'm not saying it would be a great choice from your perspective, but he has been rerolled for a long time and if anybody had wanted to make a real issue out of his existence it would have already happened.

But then again, I'm retired.

Just know the facts (in addition to Magister Agricolarum's helpful link above) - https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0AbET2jhU-yQTZGhnNHdnNDdfMGNiNWRiY2Rw

/good times
[/quote]
Its kind of hilarious given that within a year and a half, everyone else was attacking NPO. They just had more loyal members than Illuminati who wouldn't leak screenshots. His weakness was trusting too much and not waiting long enough from what I can tell (besides the handling of the Dawny situation, which wouldn't have led to war without the screenshot leaks). That being said, he isn't a competent leader.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1345059751' post='3022201']
Its kind of hilarious given that within a year and a half, everyone else was attacking NPO. They just had more loyal members than Illuminati who wouldn't leak screenshots. His weakness was trusting too much and not waiting long enough from what I can tell (besides the handling of the Dawny situation, which wouldn't have led to war without the screenshot leaks). That being said, he isn't a competent leader.
[/quote]

Pretty sure we got those screenies from a source outside of Illuminati that had a piat or greater with GOD. RoK had dual CDT and Super Friends membership so we went in together.

Best part was that NPO and continuun diddn't have anything to do with it. A rare air tight CB swift victory and no after action.

CDT. What is dead can never die.

/except cdt

[quote name='emperor666' timestamp='1344731831' post='3020968']
I lead the alliance THE ILLUMINATI and I have been talking to terry howard, about him joining as a co-leader. Will you guys attack me if that happens?[/quote]

The honor would fall to Ragnarok. Personally I'd rather start everyone with a completely clean slate and find new reasons to roll Illuminati if it comes to that.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1345059751' post='3022201']
[/quote]
The Dawny/Moo/KoS situation would have led to war without the screenshots. It would have taken longer, but we were working actively towards war at the time; as soon as NPO dropped Illuminati we were going in, and it would have been the same CDT-Superfriends coalition blowing them up.

Remember, Illuminati was threatening nations hitting a rogue at war with NPO's Emperor. This is not a good idea when NPO is the only reason you're still alive.

Terry Howard is the single worst alliance leader I have ever met. Invicta's no longer at war with the Illuminati, we didn't re-engage them for violating surrender terms; I believe only Ragnarok did that. So check with Ragnarok to make sure they're OK, but I can't imagine they would still care about it.

But don't put Terry in a position of leadership. He's really, really bad. That's not a threat, it's just ... good advice.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1345215370' post='3022805']
The Dawny/Moo/KoS situation would have led to war without the screenshots. It would have taken longer, but we were working actively towards war at the time; as soon as NPO dropped Illuminati we were going in, and it would have been the same CDT-Superfriends coalition blowing them up.[/quote]

Yep. War was very much on the agenda before the screenshots. It was more that the screenshots just tied things up nicely, from the Invicta/UPN perspective at least.

[quote name='Anu Drake' timestamp='1345038242' post='3022138']
/good times
[/quote]

Ah, so true. I never had as much fun on Planet Bob as those early days of CDT, although the bloc did have some pretty wild adventures throughout its existence. Terry Howard and other alliance, bloc or ideology leaders opposed to us were as much part of that fun as any of CDT's actual members; so I guess we should thank them... and he was fun.
Somehow it'd be nice to recreate that old world of byzantine manoeuvrings and squabbles, but Planet Bob's moved on. Not for the worse necessarily, but it's just more direct and in your face, ever since the Karma War.
I guess the real winner was actually the Vox Populi ideology after all, because despite my reservations they did actually (to a certain extent) change the nature of inter-alliance relations.
Trouble is I'm not sure I like it. Everything is so very unsubtle now, agenda more obvious. Against that, it's all very well for myself and others to criticise, but maybe this new world is easier to get into and less confusing. Don't really know.

Anyway. Anu, here is to the good times! :)

Edited by Altheus

[quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1345225118' post='3022838']
Ah, so true. I never had as much fun on Planet Bob as those early days of CDT, although the bloc did have some pretty wild adventures throughout its existence. Terry Howard and other alliance, bloc or ideology leaders opposed to us were as much part of that fun as any of CDT's actual members; so I guess we should thank them... and he was fun.
[/quote]

Agreed. A forgotten age, but it was fun. You're right about how things are now too, but I think that's just a reflection of the way those that attain power prefer to play the game.

Hoo ruled that if he ever rejoined this world as "Terry Howard", he was to be destroyed on sight.

We discussed the issue of Terry Howard and had decided to let him exist.

This government has no overt issues with him but believes it is a very poor idea to offer him any sort of governing position in any alliance.

To that end, good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Just remember that he was such an annoyance the first time that everyone in his alliance basically begged the opposing side to remove him from Bob so they could go on and try and rebuild their alliance. In fact, I don't think that war ever officially ended - we just quit attacking them because we felt bad for them.

Edited by Krack

I assume by "we" Krack means "Ragnarok."

A joint CDT and Superfriends task force declared war on the Illuminati back in 2008, which quickly fell apart. They lost most of their nations to individual surrenders, with the notable exception of the Rat Pack, which is a whole other story that I'm not going to tell here. The few nations that didn't surrender individually did eventually agree to surrender terms as an alliance.

Said surrender terms appointed Van Hoo, then the leader of Ragnarok, as viceroy of Illuminati. Some of us thought this was a terrible idea, but Hoo pressed on. A few weeks later Ragnarok redeclared on the remnants of Illuminati, which finally came completely apart. Most of the remaining nations deleted, possibly all of them. There weren't many left at this point.

No peace was ever declared primarily because Illuminati lacked an effective government of any kind, which is pretty much the reason why the war started in the first place. However current RoK gov has (sensibly) stated earlier in this thread that they aren't chasing the Illuminati anymore, so it can be considered all over now even without a declaration in Alliance Announcements.

• 2 weeks later...