Draw Your Swords

[quote name='Mila Amo' timestamp='1340777752' post='2998091']
We pretend they don't exist...
[/quote]
They don't unless you define an alliance in a funny way.

[quote name='Garion' timestamp='1340790755' post='2998253']
Disappointing for several reasons.

I didn't think GATO needed backup already, but oh well...

EDIT: those who speak about HB changing sides clearly do not know what they're talking about.
[/quote]

:wub: you anyways Garion. Even if you like being a tough guy meany poo on the OWF.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mila Amo' timestamp='1340777752' post='2998091']
We pretend they don't exist...
[/quote]

Meh I've enjoyed the saber rattling she's tried to do behind closed doors to us as well but more in a pathetic kind of way.

Though the karma of what? Threatening to roll you guys every 2months for one reason or another or so and then turn around and saying enough is enough would be funny :P

Edit: also first time I see you on. Irc in months and you leave immediately is not cool :(

Edited by Lurunin

I cannot describe how disappointing this announcement is. I will never stop liking the individuals in HB...except for Jache ;) , but I will say, every bridge I tried to build for you guys was burned here.

That said, I hope you get burned by the fire you lit.

Edited by smurthwaite

[quote name='TimLee' timestamp='1340808721' post='2998363']
:wub: you anyways Garion. Even if you like being a tough guy meany poo on the OWF.
[/quote]

I didn't state anything strange... HB is not on SF side and never has been (not complaining about this, mind... it's their choice). It's stupid to pretend otherwise. The thing I'm mostly disappointed in is the choice of the oA on R&R. I guess we deserved it.

This said, the HB people I know are all nice and reasonable (apart for Jache), so I hope this war will be enjoyable for everyone.

Edited by Garion

[quote name='smurthwaite' timestamp='1340811447' post='2998388']
I cannot describe how disappointing this announcement is. I will never stop liking the individuals in HB...except for Jache ;) , but I will say, every bridge I tried to build for you guys was burned here.

That said, I hope you get burned by the fire you lit.
[/quote]

We in HB build our own bridges. The path you would have liked for us was riddled with ass kissery to another alliance that will never accept our existence. And if you still fail to see that, then I'm sorry. But when you're ready to accept us as we are, and not as your friends would like us to be, then we're all ears.

[quote name='Garion' timestamp='1340835297' post='2998758']
I didn't state anything strange... HB is not on SF side and never has been (not complaining about this, mind... it's their choice). It's stupid to pretend otherwise. The thing I'm mostly disappointed in is the choice of the oA on R&R. I guess we deserved it.

This said, the HB people I know are all nice and reasonable (apart for Jache), so I hope this war will be enjoyable for everyone.
[/quote]

We adore R&R. And if this game was suppose to be played where you declared on some of your favorite people, we would have love tapped you a long time ago ;)

Edited by Mila Amo

[quote name='Garion' timestamp='1340835297' post='2998758']

[/quote]

We have a pretty friendly front going on, so one more face for that can't hurt :)

[quote name='Mila Amo' timestamp='1340835921' post='2998777']
We in HB build our own bridges. The path you would have liked for us was riddled with ass kissery to another alliance that will never accept our existence. And if you still fail to see that, then I'm sorry. But when you're ready to accept us as we are, and not as your friends would like us to be, then we're all ears.
[/quote]

I have always accepted you for who you are - it was me that tried to set up a treaty, remember; I just have a problem that you oAed on the other side when one of your longest MD's is getting dog piled.

Again. I am utterly disappointed in what I see as classless from a group of people I have always loved.

[quote name='smurthwaite' timestamp='1340837861' post='2998800']
I have always accepted you for who you are - it was me that tried to set up a treaty, remember; I just have a problem that you oAed on the other side when one of your longest MD's is getting dog piled.

Again. I am utterly disappointed in what I see as classless from a group of people I have always loved.
[/quote]

I remember your involvement with said treaty and the things that went along with it.

Fact: Apparatus came into this war optionally
Fact: We informed App BEFORE they stepped in we would not defend SF
Fact: Apparatus went in on SF's side anyway... optionally
Another Fact: App has known since the beginning of June about our GATO interest and knew our treaty vote started BEFORE the war broke out.
Fact: We came in optionally, just like they did

But I see. When we do it, its classless.

Since you're gonna talk it out in public by the facts... let's discuss them, shall we? Normally this is not my bag, but you are publicly distorting the record of The Apparatus. Here goes...

[quote name='Mila Amo' timestamp='1340854428' post='2998991']
Fact: Apparatus came into this war optionally
[/quote]

In that we weren't directly attacked? You're only half-right. As stated in our CB, NG directly attacked an alliance we had a Dual-Membership Agreement (DMA) with earlier this year (Ubercon, now defunct). If you read the definition of the treaty, that's an attack on The Apparatus. We chose to let it go... for a while.

AND we listed other examples of them pushing us towards war.

So is that really, a fact?

Fact: We informed App BEFORE they stepped in we would not defend SF
[/quote]

That you did. This one folks, is indeed a FACT. Note the difference.

Fact: Apparatus went in on SF's side anyway... optionally
[/quote]

And since we aren't members of SF, or directly tied to SF through anything other than our treaty with NPL, that's not why we joined the war either.

Again: Hard to see your POV as a "fact".

Another Fact: App has known since the beginning of June about our GATO interest and knew our treaty vote started BEFORE the war broke out.
[/quote]

We in The Apparatus have a great deal of respect for GATO, after our involvement in the last war... which, as I remember, HB stayed out of. Is that a fact?

Fact: We came in optionally, just like they did
[/quote]

Are we even reading the same CB here?

But I see. When we disregard treaties on numerous occasions and play both sides of a conflict till we see who will be the easier side to fight for [OOC]Thus saving our previous pixels while attempting to be relevant[/OOC] then it IS in fact dishonorable.
[/quote]

Fixed it for you.

I remember your involvement with said treaty and the things that went along with it.
[/quote]

Mila, I love ya, and I mean that, so I am going to quit calling you out.

For everybody else, the treaty in question would have been a minibloc involving HB, NPL, App, and PPO. This was well before the winter war and NPL had not been invited into SF at the time.

[quote name='smurthwaite' timestamp='1340865333' post='2999200']
Mila, I love ya, and I mean that, so I am going to quit calling you out.

For everybody else, the treaty in question would have been a minibloc involving HB, NPL, App, and PPO. This was well before the winter war and NPL had not been invited into SF at the time.
[/quote]

i think your just jelly, coz hero is saving the day for GATO and not you guys :P

Treatys are piss easy to activate when times are good, coalitions are winning and the spoils are there to be had. A real test of an ally though is to find yourself in something heavy and see how they react. Don't worry HB your far far from being an isolated case in this war, in fact this entire SF/XX front of the war was built apon this very notion of sidestepping an ally and rediverting commitments to guarantee a better outcome. It's just disapointing that your name had to be added to that list. Hell had you at least hit CSN I could of at least written it off as a fued war, but R&R? Seriously? I don't get it man.

Worst part is I know a lot of you HB guys are pretty cool, changing sides/allys honestly doesn't bother me, just be honest with yourself, cause if I see GATO taking a hell of a beatdown in a years time and your off signing a new treaty somewhere else at 5 minutes to midnight to pull the ejector seat well I think that will be my mind made up for good. Hopefully this is just a lapse of judgement.

Look... all BS (and moaning) aside I hope you and R&R both enjoy a good spirited and fun war. It's obvious I disagree with some decisions you have made but at the least lets see it kept upbeat classy and fun. o/ NUKES!

Edited by King Wally

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1340887712' post='2999301']
Treatys are piss easy to activate when times are good, coalitions are winning and the spoils are there to be had. A real test of an ally though is to find yourself in something heavy and see how they react. Don't worry HB your far far from being an isolated case in this war, in fact this entire SF/XX front of the war was built apon this very notion of sidestepping an ally and rediverting commitments to guarantee a better outcome. It's just disapointing that your name had to be added to that list. Hell had you at least hit CSN I could of at least written it off as a fued war, but R&R? Seriously? I don't get it man.

Worst part is I know a lot of you HB guys are pretty cool, changing sides/allys honestly doesn't bother me...
[/quote]

In what sense are they "changing" sides though - both Apparatus and GATO have gone in with aggressive action, HB decided they'd prefer to be over here rather than on a suicide charge on NG. They didn't sidestep anything. They don't owe SF/XX anything. I don't get where this entitlement to support comes from, other than apparently some friendships a long time ago?

Edited by Laslo Kenez

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1340891364' post='2999319']
They don't owe SF/XX anything. I don't get where this entitlement to support comes from, other than apparently some friendships a long time ago?
[/quote]

Looking back through this thread, I can honestly see where lots of the comments made here would reflect this. I think I personally have come off sounding, as you have pointed out, like I have a sense of entitlement. That wasn't and isn't my intention. I have been friends with the people in HB since I came to planet Bob. As individuals, I don't think there is a one who I wouldn't burn for...except Jache, because let's face it, nobody burns for Jache :ehm: Please don't see this as a bunch of whining. That isn't the intention. It is simply sign of frustration. People I genuinely adore have oAed on other people I genuinely adore, and in doing so left other people I genuinely adore to burn. HB, I don't like you any less for the decisions you have made. Hell, we all make decisions that others don't agree with. I do feel disappointed with the decision. I acknowledge the choice you have made is the choice you feel is best for HB. That doesn't make it an easier pill for your friends on this side to swallow. I apologize if my earlier comments were asinine; again, that was not my intention.

Also, Mila.... :wub:

Oh yeah, and emmabuddie, I am jealous of every move the AlmightyHero has ever made. B-)

Edited by smurthwaite

[quote name='Mila Amo' timestamp='1340898091' post='2999368']
Now I'm just waiting for you two to hug it out :)
[/quote]

I gave Jache a bro hug last night. Right after I kicked him in the testicles. :lol1:

The sad part is, his reply was that I "[couldn't] kick what [wasn't] there."

:facepalm:

[quote name='smurthwaite' timestamp='1340897626' post='2999363']
Looking back through this thread, I can honestly see where lots of the comments made here would reflect this. I think I personally have come off sounding, as you have pointed out, like I have a sense of entitlement. That wasn't and isn't my intention. I have been friends with the people in HB since I came to planet Bob. As individuals, I don't think there is a one who I wouldn't burn for...except Jache, because let's face it, nobody burns for Jache :ehm: Please don't see this as a bunch of whining. That isn't the intention.
[/quote]

No worries, that does actually explain a lot, thanks for clarifying :)

[center][img]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3104/bannernew4copy.png[/img]

[size=150][b]Announcement from Echelon [/b][/size]

[u][b]Declaration of War[/b][/u]

Until recently, Echelon had been "away" from the planet Bob. Maybe, we might have been inactive on the OWF as you might all think . But no. Now, it is the right time for us to return. It is the time that we choose to reactivate everything, including ourselves, for the sake of others. I don't mean by "Others" like saying "Anybody".

Let me be clear. The World now is repeating itself. Nobody might know the reason of the main War. But we all know that nobody should stand just watching "others" getting stabbed. It is important for us right now to take action. An Action to make this fair. And for the love of our Allies.

Obviously, I am talking about RnR. Echelon would like to show some of our love towards them. By activating our Treaty.

Along this line, Echelon hereby declares war on The House Baratheon for their attacks on RnR in accordance with our treaty of optional defense with RnR.

We will take no prisoners. It will be a good clean fight, fun will be had and we'll all walk away from this clean. Echelon will not request any form of reps should we win. White peace will be given should it be requested.

[center][img]http://www.echelonalliance.com/upload/tela/hb_dow2.jpg[/img][/center]

End of the Announcement.

[b]Signed from Echelon , [/b]

Directors, Neo Anglia, King Daddy
Prime Minister, Caffine
Ministry of Finance, Wasso[/center]