The Amazing Sanction Race

Logan

Well, there was the removal of the 'sanction' status of the time from LUEnited Nations, despite the alliance still meeting the regular criteria.

Other than that, no, I can't think of any other time where it has happened. Perhaps it's finally time to redefine what gains an alliance its sanctioned status.

I'm new (relatively) to this so why did they get their sanction taken away?

Yeah, 200. TOP should've gotten it ages ago, really.

The member count doesn't count very much for TOP. More important is that the new applicants are known by somebody and that they are active and cool. (Hey.... I'm cool!!! :P) That's also why our applicants have a total NS of over 500,000....

GOONS also lost theirs while they were number 11 or 12 I believe. The reasoning then was having less than 50% activity rate.

Actually, the reasoning was more that their NS was dropping catastrophically quickly, and so Admin decided to pre-empt the what was then certain outcome of the war.

Hmm, a loss for LoSS. What happens if Invicta wins the NATO/LoSS challenge? OK, the odds are against us, but we're still moving in the right direction. :)

The member count doesn't count very much for TOP. More important is that the new applicants are known by somebody and that they are active and cool. (Hey.... I'm cool!!! :P) That's also why our applicants have a total NS of over 500,000....

I know why you aren't past the 200 member mark, and I wasn't saying that you should've passed it a long time ago. I meant that the current sanction requirements are silly. Membership already has a large effect on score, and only in the past was it an issue (one man alliances could get pretty high, for example).

I know why you aren't past the 200 member mark, and I wasn't saying that you should've passed it a long time ago. I meant that the current sanction requirements are silly. Membership already has a large effect on score, and only in the past was it an issue (one man alliances could get pretty high, for example).

We appealed to the admin a few times. Result of one such appeal was putting down the limit from 300 to 200 members. I wonder what will take him to remove this final requirement, will he implement it when TOP becomes number 4 alliance in total NS in CN? (We are less then 1M behind #4 , and we're going to get there!)

Admin and moderators, loose this remnant of flawed score formula, remove the membership requirement!

Currently:

TOP 30.88

Fark 30.86

Has it ever before happened that the #7 alliance was not sanctioned? :awesome:

I think before they changed the average nation strength contributing more points to score, \m/ was pretty high. Although maybe they were actually sanctioned at the time? I can't remember if they had the required # of nations or not.

Edited by Drai

To be completely honest I prefer to remain unsanctioned while continuing to pass alliances in every category of strength even thought they have well over two, three and even four times as many members as we have. Just like the platypus we're a Paradox.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

To be completely honest I prefer to remain unsanctioned while continuing to pass alliances in every category of strength even thought they have well over two, three and even four times as many members as we have. Just like the platypus we're a Paradox.

Sure, but it's still crazy that member count is a variable in score, and score + member count are variables in sanction status..

Member count is itself an achievement.

It's quite a lot more difficult to run an alliance of 250 members compared to 100 members.

i don't think it would be that bad, the issue is managing 250 members when only 100 of them are more then semi forum active.

Lets not have a member count argument here. I agree with Feanor. Nothing feels better then being up at the top, when you have less then half the members of other alliances.

Indeed, that's why it would be so awesome if we passed GGA while having less than 1/4th of their membership. :v:

Member count is itself an achievement.

It's quite a lot more difficult to run an alliance of 250 members compared to 100 members.

I've never been in TOP, but I'm pretty sure that it's tougher to run an alliance filled with 100 active members and a few inactives rather than a few actives and 100 inactives. Mass recruitment is overrated.