An Announcement from The SuperFriends

[quote name='NationRuler' timestamp='1337741277' post='2970813']
If you really think any single alliance of ex-PB is in a worse position wrt FA than any single alliance in SF, then....I mean wow.
[/quote]

True.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1337724385' post='2970741']
Bob, your administration lasted [i]less than two weeks[/i], and in that time you managed to destroy Ragnarok [u]and[/u] Mjolnir. You are being far too modest, that is an amazing accomplishment.
[/quote]

And a common trend is yet again demonstrated: when James Dahl opens his mouth, something stupid inevitably comes out of it.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1337724385' post='2970741']
Bob, your administration lasted [i]less than two weeks[/i], and in that time you managed to destroy Ragnarok [u]and[/u] Mjolnir. You are being far too modest, that is an amazing accomplishment.
[/quote]

Nah RoK's implosion had no impact on the disbandment of MJ.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1337755088' post='2970949']
VE is only in a 'potentially vulnerable' position BECAUSE of their treaty with GOD.. they're still allied to Umbrella afterall, and that's a tough pill to swallow for any (grouping of) alliance(s).
[/quote]

Plenty other allies of UMB have been rolled in the past due to conflicting treaties. :wub:

We can revise history later and make it a strategic victory for SF, a la WotC/noCB for another party (who I can't quite recall...)

At any rate: congrats NPL! (... because I think NPL have probably been mentioned less than Mj and Deinos - maybe the comic [i]was[/i] too vague? <_< )

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1337750987' post='2970897']
Actually, I'd wager that every ex PB alliance aside from Non Grata is in a worse political position than SF.
[/quote]

I have no idea what you're talking about and I seriously suspect you don't either.

VE is only in a 'potentially vulnerable' position BECAUSE of their treaty with GOD.. they're still allied to Umbrella afterall, and that's a tough pill to swallow for any (grouping of) alliance(s).
[/quote]
This. VE's only negative factor in their position is the fact that GOD is in an absolutely miserable one.

[quote name='AmbroseIV' timestamp='1337778337' post='2971074']
We can revise history later and make it a strategic victory for SF, a la WotC/noCB for another party (who I can't quite recall...)
[/quote]
You do realize that's a joke, right?

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1337776962' post='2971064']
Plenty other allies of UMB have been rolled in the past due to conflicting treaties. :wub:
[/quote]

Heh, well if that were to occur, it'd still be because VE sided with GOD and not Umb/GOONS/Deinos.. still proving my point :P

MJ was a goal-oriented bloc and existed for specific reasons. Once those set of goals were completed, there was little point in maintaining the bloc since its purpose had been served. Everything else is just fluff on top of that fundamental core. I'd actually hazard to guess that a good portion of the blocs that have disbanded in the past have been due to a certain 'goal' being accomplished and there being no other reason to continue the bloc thereafter. Obviously that is one reason among many why blocs disband (internal strife and blah blah blah).

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1337782012' post='2971095']
I have no idea what you're talking about and I seriously suspect you don't either.
[/quote]

Just like when PB was just honki-dori two weeks ago and everyone farcically attempted to pretend there was solidarity in a bloc whose premium contribution to the game was its ridiculous conflicting obligations -- of which very few it could keep. Please tell me more about how Umbrella, VE, and GOONS are in a much better position than Non Grata now -- and how much better you all are than everyone.

That your members have the audacity to be condescending to anyone is really just remarkable.

Edited by IYIyTh

[/quote]

Umbrella is out of range of most of anyone who could conceivably be its potential enemy. Well, I guess not everyone -- Some purple alliance and something about viking gods particularly had been prominently in the sights of a certain few (and probably still are, just not for now.) But that had nothing to do with a recent ODP cancellation or if not for stats they've been collecting I'm sure another alliance might have taken it right on the chin as well.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1337799765' post='2971231']
Heh, well if that were to occur, it'd still be because VE sided with GOD and not Umb/GOONS/Deinos.. still proving my point :P
[/quote]

That's if the war was against GOD or GOD's side of the web in the first place though :P

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1337816239' post='2971361']
Yes let's all take FA advice from myth guys what could possibly go wrong
[/quote]
We'll all lose the sole ally that could pull our ass out of the gutter after a good stomping.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1337810755' post='2971308']
Just like when PB was just honki-dori two weeks ago and everyone farcically attempted to pretend there was solidarity in a bloc whose premium contribution to the game was its ridiculous conflicting obligations -- of which very few it could keep. Please tell me more about how Umbrella, VE, and GOONS are in a much better position than Non Grata now -- and how much better you all are than everyone.

That your members have the audacity to be condescending to anyone is really just remarkable.
[/quote]

I'm probably breaking a law or two but I'm daring to quote yourself twice in the same post:

Actually, I'd wager that every ex PB alliance aside from Non Grata is in a worse political position than SF.
[/quote]

You stated that every ex-PB alliance is in a worse political position than SF. What the $%&@. SF are in a !@#$%* position where no one still likes them, they are distrusted and the best they can they can dream to do to avoid to be taken down on a second round (like it has happened to so many alliances) is to try to lay low and shift attention to someone else. With or without PB, all of us, PB and SF, are exactly in the same place as before.

You're not very smart and you're probably tired of having people telling it to you, but consider we're just as tired of reading an ode to idiocy in every post of yours. It makes it hard not to be condescending.

[/quote]

You get dumber every day.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1337816457' post='2971363']
We'll all lose the sole ally that could pull our ass out of the gutter after a good stomping.
[/quote]

Worked well for Sparta.

Also, allies defend people.

Edited by IYIyTh

Actually I decided that it was not worth it to respond.

SF/XX gets savagely rolled, PB/DH rolls two orders simultaneously and comes out stronger on the other side.

I mean, really that's all it comes down to. PB was successful and now we don't need it, SF wasn't and never will be. PB is the same except for NG leaving, The rest of the bloc all still has redundant treaties. Nothing has changed.

Edited by NationRuler

[quote name='NationRuler' timestamp='1337823915' post='2971420']
Actually I decided that it was not worth it to respond.

SF/XX gets savagely rolled, PB/DH rolls two orders simultaneously and comes out stronger on the other side.

I mean, really that's all it comes down to.
[/quote]

Except SF has been in a position of power in the past as well. They have rolled both orders too, although not at the same time no. They have usually been united in foreign policy. PB was not. Then there is the big thing, SF is still alive. PB isn't still alive.