A Treaty You Can't Refuse

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1336192769' post='2963732']
Then please spare us your incessant posting, in this topic, for the next few days that it stays alive.
[/quote]

I only posted twice before, not sure why you care since you don't like to read anyway. Rather than trashing the treaty, I'm trashing the banality of it.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336192686' post='2963731']
They were already treatied to TLR at a higher level. What's the difference? I look forward to more impressive shake ups like this treaty.

NOT
[/quote]

I understand that MK figures heavily into your decision making, but not all political action in this realm is evaluated based on the yardstick of "how many treaty chains is this from DH".

Us being allied to TLR did not automatically equate to us being allied to NG, much like how a GOD-VE relationship does not translate to a GOD-GOONS relationship. Our relationship with the alliance is based on our individual interactions with it, and this treaty reflects the significance of our relationship with NG. You don't see a difference because you're looking at this from the perspective of how MK can pull us in on their "side"; we see a difference because we have gained a new set of comrades that will co-operate with us and our shared vision.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1336197804' post='2963817']
I understand that MK figures heavily into your decision making, but not all political action in this realm is evaluated based on the yardstick of "how many treaty chains is this from DH".

Us being allied to TLR did not automatically equate to us being allied to NG, much like how a GOD-VE relationship does not translate to a GOD-GOONS relationship. Our relationship with the alliance is based on our individual interactions with it, and this treaty reflects the significance of our relationship with NG. You don't see a difference because you're looking at this from the perspective of how MK can pull us in on their "side"; we see a difference because we have gained a new set of comrades that will co-operate with us and our shared vision.
[/quote]

Um, it would be absurd for it not to be taken into consideration, unless I'm living on a planet where DH is not a leading force in politics. Political action that ignores major actors is idiotic at best and I know it's not the case. It might be NPO seeing NG as a potential alliance to win over into its sphere later on, but it's not really ignoring the broader political game.

I don't even know if you believe that yourself, but here goes: NG and TLR are extremely similar and very tight and where NG goes TLR will follow and vice versa. Consequently, it's not a big change. The soundbite response you've presented is laughable on the surface. Given you have previously presented the position of NPO somehow winning C&G over(i'm stretching it a bit), I'd see this as part of a broader long-term scheme to co-opt MK's allies.

GOD and VE are not really similar and it's always been an odd tie and since the last war, they haven't really been on the same page.

Edited by Roquentin

You are stretching it a good deal, as our presentation was not a "winning C&G over". That very comment is an insult on many levels to the work put in over a long period of time and the relationship created from it. TLR, NG, IRON... all took upwards to beyond a year to develop, GATO, far longer.

What I suggest you (all of you) do is plot it out and realize something very important. This world is about more than one pole and more than one choice. While the treaty web is still a mess I see many and that includes the NPO are making their own way. Everyone wants to see it as it fits into or against their desires. Doing so is foolish.

The NPO and her allies will do what is best for each other. Read more into if you wish, but in the end you will be left short.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336192686' post='2963731']
They were already treatied to TLR at a higher level. What's the difference? I look forward to more impressive shake ups like this treaty.

NOT
[/quote]
Oh my goodness! You totally had me! I was like, "we are totally shaking things up." Then I see the "NOT". Oh man, please don't do that to me. A roller coaster in my sweet bosom.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336199081' post='2963831']
Um, it would be absurd for it not to be taken into consideration, unless I'm living on a planet where DH is not a leading force in politics. Political action that ignores major actors is idiotic at best and I know it's not the case. It might be NPO seeing NG as a potential alliance to win over into its sphere later on, but it's not really ignoring the broader political game.

I don't even know if you believe that yourself, but here goes: NG and TLR are extremely similar and very tight and where NG goes TLR will follow and vice versa. Consequently, it's not a big change. The soundbite response you've presented is laughable on the surface. Given you have previously presented the position of NPO somehow winning C&G over(i'm stretching it a bit), I'd see this as part of a broader long-term scheme to co-opt MK's allies.

GOD and VE are not really similar and it's always been an odd tie and since the last war, they haven't really been on the same page.
[/quote]

:blink: If I could live in your brain for one day...

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1336200478' post='2963845']
Oh my goodness! You totally had me! I was like, "we are totally shaking things up." Then I see the "NOT". Oh man, please don't do that to me. A roller coaster in my sweet bosom.
[/quote]
Yeah I was taken aback too. Crazy stuff that guy spits out.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1336200551' post='2963846']
:blink: If I could live in your brain for one day...
[/quote]

I'm not really sure what you mean by this. It's a much better explanation than "we are really good friends and we look forward to working together in the future!"

At least Brehon had a more substantial reply than this. The issue with what Brehon said is, that Letum implied in the GATO ODoAP thread that it was winning them over. "Isn't it them joining our co-prosperity [sphere]?" I can go dig it up if you'd like. The narrative I put forth meshes more with comments from Brehon like "I don't like MK being the leading force in politics," and the Letum post I mentioned. I know the OWF isn't fond of reading between lines and such, so it's not surprising you dismiss it like this. I did say I was stretching it a bit, but I like trying to figure out the bigger picture.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1336200474' post='2963844']
You are stretching it a good deal, as our presentation was not a "winning C&G over". That very comment is an insult on many levels to the work put in over a long period of time and the relationship created from it. TLR, NG, IRON... all took upwards to beyond a year to develop, GATO, far longer.

What I suggest you (all of you) do is plot it out and realize something very important. This world is about more than one pole and more than one choice. While the treaty web is still a mess I see many and that includes the NPO are making their own way. Everyone wants to see it as it fits into or against their desires. Doing so is foolish.

The NPO and her allies will do what is best for each other. Read more into if you wish, but in the end you will be left short.
[/quote]

But what if we want to be won over by NPO. :(

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1336202498' post='2963860']
[/quote]

Your words say NPO, but your eyes tell me Polar. :P

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1336202498' post='2963860']
[/quote]

Because equal friends and treaty partners is better :) I would trade that out for convenience.