Just labeled mentally deranged.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1334450074' post='2953457']
Why would somebody revive this worthless piece of scrap?
[/quote]

Didn't you use to be in the New Sith Order?

Yeah...

But to answer your questions, we have our reasons, which we have opted not to publicly disclose.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1334539091' post='2953989']
You know I was just thinking that the one thing we need is sanitarium back in the game! We are all saved.
[/quote]
Maybe you should attack them and we'll all see if Pandora's Box can handle three micros.

[quote name='GDI Crossfire' timestamp='1334463912' post='2953610']
I could say the same about Deinos

We revived solely to piss you off, that's why. -_-
[/quote]

I don't necessarily represent Deinos with my views, number one. Number two, find a wittier comeback. Try learning from popsicle stick humor - that'd be a good step up from where you're at at this point.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1334464723' post='2953614']
Didn't you use to be in the New Sith Order?

Yeah...

But to answer your questions, we have our reasons, which we have opted not to publicly disclose.
[/quote]

I did indeed. What does that have to do with anything?

Also, answering rhetorical questions probably isn't the best way to start your alliance out. Of course you have your reasons. I still think you're worthless.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1334539220' post='2953993']
Maybe you should attack them and we'll all see if Pandora's Box can handle three micros.
[/quote]

Zing!

Edited by Jake Liebenow

[quote name='GDI Crossfire' timestamp='1334463912' post='2953610']
I could say the same about Deinos

We revived solely to piss you off, that's why. -_-
[/quote]

Actually you can't because Deinos isn't a reformation of a disbanded alliance.

I've been down this road and spoiler, it ends with an empty IRC channel and the only thread posted one week being 'hey maybe we should merge with protector/ally'.

but have fun I guess

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1334539091' post='2953989']
You know I was just thinking that the one thing we need is sanitarium back in the game! We are all saved.
[/quote]

Its funny how you can be so critical while having been largely unsuccessful at everything you've ever attempted.

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1334540258' post='2954007']
I did indeed. What does that have to do with anything?

Also, answering rhetorical questions probably isn't the best way to start your alliance out. Of course you have your reasons. I still think you're worthless.
[/quote]

What it has to do with "anything" is that I was simply demonstrating your credibility, or lack thereof. It is very difficult for me to feel bad that you consider us worthless when you have a strong track-record of associating yourself with some truly terrible alliances.

Either way, whatcha gonna do about it?

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1334545265' post='2954033']
I've been down this road and spoiler, it ends with an empty IRC channel and the only thread posted one week being 'hey maybe we should merge with protector/ally'.

but have fun I guess
[/quote]

There are different routes that people follow. Some decide to reform an alliance, post up a DoE, and think stuff is just going to magically fall in place. When it doesn't (as it inevitably doesn't), they act surprised and proceed with the next "brilliant" plan. By contrast, this was not a culmination of a one-week project consisting of "hey let's do this", this was the culmination of months of thinking and planning. Our aim is not to attempt to recreate what Sanitarium was or was not in its previous form, it is to learn from the past, maintain a similar feel, while forging a path bigger and better then anything we ever were before.

This time around, we've started significantly better off then Sanitarium ever was before, with more strength, and more nukes, and almost as many members as we had at our peak. An even larger contrast is to compare Sanitarium starting out now to last time, when Sanitarium formed with 2 members and 30k NS.

It is important to remember the past as to avoid making the same mistakes, but you can't move very far forward while living in the past. This time around we have different ideas, different goals, and undoubtedly we will face (and overcome) different challenges.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1334569103' post='2954202']
What it has to do with "anything" is that I was simply demonstrating your credibility, or lack thereof. It is very difficult for me to feel bad that you consider us worthless when you have a strong track-record of associating yourself with some truly terrible alliances.

Either way, whatcha gonna do about it?
[/quote]

I don't have to do anything. You'll all collapse in upon yourselves, as nearly all alliances which have been reformed have done - particularly those seeking to reinvent themselves. Goodness knows that this one is prone to a much faster collapse.

Regardless, I've conducted myself nothing but honorably in either NSO or Deinos. Many people have come from NSO. Many people have left NSO. An AA does not trustworthiness or competence make, and the same is true of the inverse. You'd do well to heed that. Frankly, I don't care whether or not you view me as untrustworthy, but for the sake of your alliance, you may want to pull your head out of your back-end before you consider running something like this, let alone consider yourself a big boy in this arena. Again, answering a rhetorical question is probably not the best way to start.

Edited by Jake Liebenow

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1334614524' post='2954469']
Actually, when you were in NSO, you were at least respectful.
[/quote]

I've always thought that Sanitarium was garbage, and I've never been one to not voice my opinion on something. At least I hide scraps of advice in my jabs :P

Edited by Jake Liebenow

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1334615958' post='2954482']
I've always thought that Sanitarium was garbage, and I've never been one to not voice my opinion on something. At least I hide scraps of advice in my jabs :P
[/quote]

Noting your previous alliances was in no way shape or form an attempt to label you untrustworthy or incompetent by association, but I think it is reasonable to say that as you've chosen such terrible alliances to call home, it casts serious doubt upon your ability to accurately assess an alliance's quality. You are of course you are entitled to your opinion, however having a track-record of being consistently wrong tends to greatly devalue it in the eyes of others.

You know, there is more to life then being nice or being helpful. I'm not deluded into believing that I'm either most of the time, but I assure you, we know what we are doing. It doesn't matter to me if you see it or not.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1334615958' post='2954482']
[/quote]

This is a new Sanitarium, be it you can voice your opinion as I could care less. But how this is a new entity with entirely new member core and gov except for that nut job memoryproblems... We can have a different outlook you see, while once an micro is created most expect them to fall flat on our face and fail. But if we had that attitude why would we even start, make the forums charter guides and so on. That just sounds like a horrible agenda and way to upstart this alliance.

As for this fighting over who is more garbage lets get over that and let us run the alliance into the ground or wherever we are taking this drum circle/train.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1334624459' post='2954560']
Noting your previous alliances was in no way shape or form an attempt to label you untrustworthy or incompetent by association, but I think it is reasonable to say that as you've chosen such terrible alliances to call home, it casts serious doubt upon your ability to accurately assess an alliance's quality. You are of course you are entitled to your opinion, however having a track-record of being consistently wrong tends to greatly devalue it in the eyes of others.

You know, there is more to life then being nice or being helpful. I'm not deluded into believing that I'm either most of the time, but I assure you, we know what we are doing. It doesn't matter to me if you see it or not.
[/quote]

Frankly, they've stayed around longer than Sanitorium. You may want to take a look-see and see who's truly got the lower quality judgement here. You could argue you knew when to fold, but why in the world would you come back again then?

That's all I'm going to say. In the interest of trying to bring new blood to the game, good luck.