An Announcement from TLR and NPO

Charles I made the thread just a little bit ago on GATO's boards. I'd have made it last night but I've been busy. I'm only anticipating a handful of people really being upset about it though.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1330904839' post='2933418']
Nice plan, but you don't want a treaty with us. Apparently we're

You'll have to talk to GATO, if you can get past the wall of arrogance(TM).
[/quote]
Wait so you mean when someone from outside our alliance opens their mouths about our alliances its the truth of what is actually going on inside said alliance?? Here I was operating under the delusion that alliances were sovereign entities that got to make their own choices and decisions. Silly me.

By the way there should be a fresh stock of fish cakes delivered shortly to your Embassy in Francograd.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1330904839' post='2933418']
You'll have to talk to GATO, if you can get past the wall of arrogance(TM).
[/quote]

Why would you ask GATO? We're way too busy being WAE. Being this bad takes effort you know.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330898982' post='2933376']
Simply calling them weak-ass assumptions doesn't mean anything. Myth made the rest of the points for me. Who is in gov and who isn't doesn't really matter because the most vocal people are the athenians and some of the LOST members do like to trash talk.[/quote]
Perhaps but then again you spouting weak-ass assumptions doesn't mean anything either, as for those who are most vocal are you basing this on the replies in this thread? or have you complied a comprehensive breakdown of TLR posts and relevant stats to back that up? somehow I seriously doubt it.

[quote]
At the end of the day, TLR is an extension of the Mushroom Kingdom's influence whether you like it or not. This does not mean there is some form viceroyalty over TLR, it simply means TLR is part of the Mushroom Kingdom's sphere. [/quote]
Wow talk about stating the obvious, it is not exactly a stretch for even the semi-informed to reach that conclusion seeing as we are tight with MK. Have you got anything factual and ground breaking to release into the world or what?

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1330905375' post='2933424']
Charles I made the thread just a little bit ago on GATO's boards. I'd have made it last night but I've been busy. I'm only anticipating a handful of people really being upset about it though.
[/quote]

Well ten angry people can often be a handful. I remember a rather large minority wishing to attack NPO rather than MHA only a short time ago after all.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1330905938' post='2933440']
So much confusion could be avoided if those of you using the words simply explained that when you say 'proxy' or 'lackey' you mean 'close ally'.
[/quote]

Allies consult, lackeys obey. A rather big difference there.

I can't tell whether you actually believe that, in which case you were asleep at the wheel for a long time in Umbrella, or if this line is part of some deep plot to, er, do something to someone.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1330906300' post='2933447']
I can't tell whether you actually believe that, in which case you were asleep at the wheel for a long time in Umbrella, or if this line is part of some deep plot to, er, do something to someone.
[/quote]

Well..who comes first within ODN's list of allies. MK or CnG?

I don't know Pingu. I do know OsRavan wanted Johnny to say no to ODN hitting MHA, but Johnny approved it. The thing is, in practical terms, argumentation doesn't matter if nothing comes of it.

[quote name='Devilyn Caster' timestamp='1330898807' post='2933374']
Kamichi did spend time in Athens, so I will concede that. However since Corrupt started CN in =LOST= I threw him in as a =LOST=er. And besides, what qualifies these people as "Athenian" in your mind? I think what should matter is where you've spent the most time, not if you were ever a part of the AA at a given time.[/quote]

Kamichi was an original member of the merger that created Athens, hell he even took charge in organising the rep payments after NoCB. Corrupt merged into Athens from that micro alliance (can't remember for the life of me what it was called) I believed he lead and got given a high government position.

"Athenian" in my mind is those who first flew the banner, those that merged into the banner, those that joined and stayed and those that served in its government. Anyways it seems there is a difference of opinion. :P