GOONS defending the great wall

r00tn00b

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='lord bitburg' timestamp='1330380154' post='2929467']
Only a matter of time till the curb stompers, call in allies.
[/quote]
I just made a blog about this. It's great how things work out sometimes.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisyayL4.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1330376557' post='2929436']
If they stole some stuff, aiding the defending nation is totally okay! That's not really how reps work, so have fun trying to enforce that as the new global policy on how to deal with people aiding nations at war.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris-_-L6.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I think you misunderstood my joke. :unsure:

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1330379904' post='2929464']
I don't know what you mean by that, but suddenly i feel aroused.
[/quote]
you wish you know but even i donot know

goons has lose 220k ns before even nuke have attacked

enjoy your aroused while you still have an allience for using it

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1330382597' post='2929498']
you wish you know but even i donot know

goons has lose 220k ns before even nuke have attacked

enjoy your aroused while you still have an allience for using it
[/quote]
Doomhouse is probably the only group of people around that make more fakeposts than legitimate detractor posts, leading me to be confused as to who exactly is saying stupid things as a joke and who is saying stupid things seriously.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeriswutL1.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1330349963' post='2929247']
Are you trying to say it's totally all right to just send money, tech, and soldiers to people at war and then refuse any compensation? If GOONs did that to people you're dealing with you'd just let it go?
[/quote]

I'm saying that when you target nations for a raid that are not going to be able to defend themselves you shouldn't sook it up when they get some help. It is amusing to see GOONS beating up on the guys that gave the old lady GOONS were beating up on her walking stick back to defend herself though. As I said, pissweak. Not unexpected, but still pissweak.

And before you say anything. The STA allows raiding but our raiders raid at their own risk. If their target gets help or they get attacked by friedns of their raid target then tough !@#$ for them, they started the fight they have to get themselves out of it.

Guest lord bitburg
:mad: [quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1330383689' post='2929507']
lolwut?

This is just asking for people to screw with you.

..and yeah, no one is scared of Mongols. You overrate yourself.
[/quote]

All of you kids remember its a game, this is not RL, at least I hope most of you know that. Nothing personal, damn Do some of you dream of this game? Edited by lord bitburg

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1330376749' post='2929438']
Dearest Tygaland, may I have a cut of your delicious profits?
[/quote]

No, this is a private venture and I intend to cash in on my own. I'll send you a postcard from the Bahamas shortly.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1330383922' post='2929509']
I'm saying that when you target nations for a raid that are not going to be able to defend themselves you shouldn't sook it up when they get some help. It is amusing to see GOONS beating up on the guys that gave the old lady GOONS were beating up on her walking stick back to defend herself though. As I said, pissweak. Not unexpected, but still pissweak.

And before you say anything. The STA allows raiding but our raiders raid at their own risk. If their target gets help or they get attacked by friedns of their raid target then tough !@#$ for them, they started the fight they have to get themselves out of it.
[/quote]
What a milquetoast stance on raiding. If you cared for your members like we care for ours, you'd nut up and defend their raiding operations from interference by outside alliances. Biting off more than you can chew on an individual is one thing, organized interference by another alliance is different.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1330384332' post='2929518']
What a milquetoast stance on raiding. If you cared for your members like we care for ours, you'd nut up and defend their raiding operations from interference by outside alliances. Biting off more than you can chew on an individual is one thing, organized interference by another alliance is different.
[/quote]

It is what it is. As far as I'm concered, if you raid it is at your own risk. If you raid knowing that your alliance will wade in if you get in trouble then it is just gutless in my opinion. We care about our members by putting raiding rules in place the reduce significantly the risks they face from other alliances.

If any of our members want to beat up on an old lady to steal her purse then that is their decision to make. I'd prefer they left the old lady alone but raiding is part of the Cyberverse and provided they do it in a manner that will reduce risk to themselves and the alliance then they can do so. If the old lady has friends they help her out then, as I said, tough !@#$ for the raider.

[quote name='lord bitburg' timestamp='1330384096' post='2929512']
:mad:

All of you kids remember its a game, this is not RL, at least I hope most of you know that. Nothing personal, damn Do some of you dream of this game?
[/quote]
I like you, glad your having fun around here.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1330384752' post='2929521']
It is what it is.

"other words"[/quote]

Dios mio, that is some policy you have over there.

It is not like there was some misunderstanding or rushed entry into this. It's been 10 days of cross-armed mongolian !@#$%^&* with these guys. They sent tech and soldiers to someone we were fighting, and rather than acknowledge this was bad, they are STILL calling it a tech deal. They took our starting point of 18m in reps and decided rather than negotiate down, they'd just flatout refuse it and call it extortion since that might garner some support from our critics. While we are watching this, they sign a treaty with Kaskus. The deadline for payment passes so they are given a Mercy Board challenge, that while difficult, could be done by someone with a thinking cap on. This bitburg dude...I don't even know. If you want to see the gem of a submission he sent in, stop over sometime.

Point is, they went over the line in a league game. And what's more, I think they wanted to.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1330388283' post='2929549']
Dios mio, that is some policy you have over there.

It is not like there was some misunderstanding or rushed entry into this. It's been 10 days of cross-armed mongolian !@#$%^&* with these guys. They sent tech and soldiers to someone we were fighting, and rather than acknowledge this was bad, they are STILL calling it a tech deal. They took our starting point of 18m in reps and decided rather than negotiate down, they'd just flatout refuse it and call it extortion since that might garner some support from our critics. While we are watching this, they sign a treaty with Kaskus. The deadline for payment passes so they are given a Mercy Board challenge, that while difficult, could be done by someone with a thinking cap on. This bitburg dude...I don't even know. If you want to see the gem of a submission he sent in, stop over sometime.

Point is, they went over the line in a league game. And what's more, I think they wanted to.
[/quote]

I don't really care about any of that. My point was that raiding someone then sooking it up when that target gets a little help is just pathetic and pissweak. I don't see that MONGOLS did a great deal wrong here. They sent aid to a nation that you guys were attacking for the reason of...well, because you could do so free from any real retribution. That nation had committed no crime other than to exist so I don't see why helping that nation is considered an act of war or anything that required reparations or for MONGOLS to dance to your beat on your mercy board.

I though GOONS loved a good fight but it seems they are more intent on beating up old ladies and calling in the troops when the old lady gets a helping hand. Again, pissweak.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1330388685' post='2929559']
I don't really care about any of that. My point was that raiding someone then sooking it up when that target gets a little help is just pathetic and pissweak. I don't see that MONGOLS did a great deal wrong here. They sent aid to a nation that you guys were attacking for the reason of...well, because you could do so free from any real retribution. That nation had committed no crime other than to exist so I don't see why helping that nation is considered an act of war or anything that required reparations or for MONGOLS to dance to your beat on your mercy board.

I though GOONS loved a good fight but it seems they are more intent on beating up old ladies and calling in the troops when the old lady gets a helping hand. Again, pissweak.
[/quote]

I know our policies are different. So we can't ever agree about this. But we gave them a super fair shake at getting out of this.

[/quote]

Never expect integrity from a pack of mutts.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1330388785' post='2929563']
I know our policies are different. So we can't ever agree about this. But we gave them a super fair shake at getting out of this.
[/quote]

In your opinion. To me, they had nothing to get out of at all.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330346999' post='2929230']
Not sure why Mongols didn't ink something with Olympus.
[/quote]

Olympus takes forever to sign anything. I know from personal experience when TLR proposed a ODoAP with them. We signed it in the end but it took a long time to get it finalized on Olympus's end. :blush:

Best wishes to our friends and allies in GOONS and good luck to those dudes in Mongols.

[/quote]
If an alliance sanctions actions which have the capacity to cause damage to the nation(s) of another alliance, that's a matter that demands attention.

GOONS members that raid are guaranteed no special protection when they go out to raid (this is outlined in their constitution), but that doesn't mean that GOONS loses the right to defend its members when and where it sees fit, or that they should be called cowardly when they do so.

Edit:
[quote]So this is all because a raiding target got a few mil. in aid? That's pretty sad. Attacking the small and unprotected is cowardly enough, but I'm thinking you guys are the types to go hunting at the zoo. Can't put yourselves in danger now, that'd be too scary! [/quote]
Yes, GOONS couldn't handle the heat of one nation they were raiding getting war aid, so they declared war on a whole alliance. How cowardly of them.

... [i]what[/i]

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1330390240' post='2929579']
Yes, GOONS couldn't handle the heat of one nation they were raiding getting war aid, so they declared war on a whole alliance. How cowardly of them.

... [i]what[/i]
[/quote]
Not "GOONS couldn't handle the heat of one nation." The [i]attacker [/i]apparently couldn't handle the heat of one nation. As if MONGOLS poses any threat to your alliance as a whole. You'll probably end up with spoils and reps that outweigh any damage, and have a nice large-scale raid out of it.

Edited by Prodigal Moon