Official United Equestria Policy Annoucement

Magicman657

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1329979990' post='2926339']
This is irrelevant to his point. The alliance is explicitly saying it's OK for their nations to renegade on tech deals.
[/quote]

Not exactly, but I hadn't exactly counted upon you to understand what it says.

Essentially, what this policy says that if you're not on the UE whitelist and you attempt to buy technology from a UE nation, it will be rejected the majority of the time, however on the off-chance that it is mistakenly accepted, that nation will receive a full refund in cash rather then the tech.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1329980543' post='2926352']

Essentially, what this policy says that if you're not on the UE whitelist and you attempt to buy technology from a UE nation, it will be rejected the majority of the time, however on the off-chance that it is mistakenly accepted, that nation will receive a full refund in cash rather then the tech.
[/quote]
That's still renegading on the deal. It may be cash neutral but it is wasting aid slots and therefore has an opportunity cost.

Edited by Azaghul

How simple is it to not send aid to UE if you aren't on their white list?

My cripes, must DH complain constantly about every single thing? This is UE policy. If you want to buy their tech, get on the list. If not, don't piss and moan if your aid slot gets tied up for extra time if you sent money uninvited and the return process has to take place. High gov of all the complaining alliances have posted in this thread, surely you can get word out to your members if this very public announcement can't.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1329981355' post='2926358']
That's still renegading on the deal. It may be cash neutral but it is wasting aid slots and therefore has an opportunity cost.
[/quote]

For that reason, I would advise nations which are not on UE's whitelist not to send foreign aid offers intended as tech payment to nations of UE.

UE has made the effort to inform the public that this policy exists, and warn them what might occur if they attempt to purchase technology from UE nations while not on the UE whitelist. The way I see it, nations who send aid to UE nations with the intention of buying tech are consenting to this policy and understand that the aid will likely not be accepted, and if it is, it will be refunded in full.

Nations attempting to buy technology from UE do so willingly and are not forced into it. They do so knowing of this policy (or they should) and they do so understanding the effects this policy could have on their attempted tech purchase.

I would not consider ignorance as an excuse. When I'm purchasing tech (admittedly, something I am not as aggressive at as I would like to be), I make reasonable attempts to research into the nation and his or her alliance to ensure that there is a high probability that I will receive the technology I have purchased. I particularly look at the alliance to make sure that it is organized and capable of addressing my complaint should the tech not be paid within a reasonable timeframe. I would assume that nations who like me, research potential sellers, would learn of this UE policy and make an appropriate decision as to whether not they should attempt to buy from a UE nation.

Your comment would be far more relevant if UE wasn't taking the effort to make sure that people are aware of this policy. I would understand your point if people entered into an agreement not knowing of this policy because they had no way of knowing about it, but that is not the case.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1329981355' post='2926358']
[/quote]
You're wasting the same number of aid slots on our end, FYI. We see no reason why the refund should be anything more or less than exactly even.

Unless you mean to use your superior political position to threaten us with extortion, but please let me know if that's the case in explicit terms, because it's hard to take thinly veiled threats that seriously anymore and I need to know that you actually really do seriously mean it this time for realsies ~♥

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1329951003' post='2925788']
Where can I bet on the under?
[/quote]

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1329955995' post='2925885']
The destruction of Equestria would only take as long as necessary to get some poor sap to test the new policy. It is utterly indefensible.
[/quote]

Sorry, I meant two weeks was the deadline I expected this to be done by at the very latest.

Please note that any wagers you make with me will be considered ~donations~ and you will not receive payment should you win.

United Equestria thanks The Grämlins for their swift response to the underhanded tactics of certain misguided individuals, and apologizes that they were dragged into what should have remained an internal United Equestria matter. We look forward to a continued economic partnership with such an upstanding alliance.

No seriously, you guys rock :wub:

This entire policy was born out of the paranoia caused by a blatant lie and the fallacious idea of "techbombing".

Just sayin'.

Regardless, good luck with this. I might not agree with it, but I understand why you did it and I don't hold it against you.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1329980543' post='2926352']

[/quote]
If it was as rare as you say they could just handle it on a case-by-case basis in private. By making this a big deal and announcing it publicly they take out the "off-chance" factor and give all their members a free pass to keep as much money as they feel like. Their alliance will now be aware of the policy that it's okay to just accept tech deals and not pay them.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris-_-L1.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1330001989' post='2926540']
If it was as rare as you say they could just handle it on a case-by-case basis in private. By making this a big deal and announcing it publicly they take out the "off-chance" factor and give all their members a free pass to keep as much money as they feel like. Their alliance will now be aware of the policy that it's okay to just accept tech deals and not pay them.[/quote]

Let me just rephrase what you said; Their alliance will now be aware of the policy that it's okay to refund their mistake of accepting a tech deal. I dont think any implication or attempt in this is to still money from people sending out of the blue tech deals. It is merely bringing to public knowledge that in the case of unsolicited tech deal offers, any that are accepted by mistake will be refunded. I dont see why you wish to see it as a free pass situation when it is clearly not its intention.

And in my opinion any individual or group wishing to press this issue are doing so with the knowledge of the policy. They are doing so with the knowledge that they are trying to instigate and force another individual into a tech deal, by making an issue of not accepting refund. And then they complain about wasting slots, when it would be their knowledgeable choice?

You can argue it both ways - by making a big announcement - yes they inform their own alliance of the policy, but they also inform everyone else of it as well. More of friendly, dont waste slots; avoid UE.

GK

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1329990567' post='2926449']
Anyone ghosting our AA on purpose to techdeal with UE will be met with a swift response of our ghostbusters. And "Im sorry" is not an excuse if you do something stupid on purpose.
[/quote]

Haha oh wow, people were doing this?

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1329982575' post='2926378']
How simple is it to not send aid to UE if you aren't on their white list?
[/quote]

This a thousand times. Is Umbrella seriously mad that they've been denied a tech opportunity? This was a public service announcement, not a popularity poll. If you don't like the policy then go away.

[quote name='mdnss69' timestamp='1330003630' post='2926557']
This a thousand times. Is Umbrella seriously mad that they've been denied a tech opportunity? This was a public service announcement, not a popularity poll. If you don't like the policy then go away.
[/quote]

A fine strategy! If you don't like something that someone does, take your ball and go home.

[quote name='grahamkeatley' timestamp='1330003480' post='2926555']
Let me just rephrase what you said; Their alliance will now be aware of the policy that it's okay to refund their mistake of accepting a tech deal.[/quote]
"Refunding" a tech deal is a huge joke, and it's really sad if you don't realize that.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris-_-L6.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1330003798' post='2926558']
A fine strategy! If you don't like something that someone does, take your ball and go home.
[/quote]

More productive then sitting around !@#$%*ing and moaning.

Good luck UE, the tears this thread has caused has made my day, considering how petty the issue is over.

[quote name='mdnss69' timestamp='1330003630' post='2926557']
[/quote]

I am mad that an alliance with less than thirty percent of active aid slots having concerns with foreign alliances attempting tech deals with nation under their alliance affiliation. Could be so much more productive :gag:

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1330004049' post='2926561']
"Refunding" a tech deal is a huge joke, [b]and it's really sad[/b] if you don't realize that.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris-_-L6.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

A lot of the posting in this thread is of that calibre aswell.

1. If people cannot read a simple policy, it's not the fault of the people who enforce it.
2. If people are sending out random tech deals, again you have to expect it will not go smoothly.
3. Shouldn't DH be happy that they can keep tech dealing within the bloc?

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='Tick1' timestamp='1330004225' post='2926565']
I am mad that an alliance with less than thirty percent of active aid slots having concerns with foreign alliances attempting tech deals with nation under their alliance affiliation. Could be so much more productive :gag:
[/quote]

:lol1:

I find it funny that you think you can tell people what to do with their nations.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1330004142' post='2926564']
More productive then sitting around !@#$%*ing and moaning.

Good luck UE, the tears this thread has caused has made my day, considering how petty the issue is over.
[/quote]

I'm not !@#$%*ing, or moaning, or crying for that matter. I'm just debating the merits of this policy which I and many others believe to be rather foolish, unnecessary and something that will create more hassle than it's worth for UE in the long run.