DoW Notification

enderland

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1329019899' post='2918829']
I apologise however that we have had a few guys who've only looked in game and hadn't been to our forums (YYM, SouthernC, King Aragorn) and they have all been talked to.
[/quote]

Who needs forums? AGW obviously doesn't :awesome:

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1329032755' post='2918916']
Trust me when I say that our guys would looooove for this to go full-on nuclear. The problem isn't NG's fear of nukes, it's their love for receiving them and killing off their people when their anti-raiding Tri, little ole me, would rather rebuild tech and warchests. :mad:
[/quote]

This man speaks the truth.

[quote]It's funny though because Bob didn't seem to have any problems with GOONS or NG when he was still in VE. [/quote]
The fact that you think this shows how little attention you paid to VE at the time you were allying with them. As Roq says, I (and several other senior people in VE) were indeed concerned about GOONS, PC and iFOK and wanted assurances that you wouldn't be pulling this kind of shenanigans.

GOONS have kept their word on that extremely well, and while I was in VE they were good allies – I've not seen anything since then from the outside that goes against that.

[quote]this wasn't government sanctioned[/quote]
This has already been refuted by your gov who said that raids on large alliances have to be authorised by the triumvirate, so it absolutely [i]was[/i] government sanctioned. Which is one very big difference between an individual tech raid and an alliance-on-alliance war.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1329068739' post='2919055']
The fact that you think this shows how little attention you paid to VE at the time you were allying with them. As Roq says, I (and several other senior people in VE) were indeed concerned about GOONS, PC and iFOK and wanted assurances that you wouldn't be pulling this kind of shenanigans.

GOONS have kept their word on that extremely well, and while I was in VE they were good allies – I've not seen anything since then from the outside that goes against that.
[/quote]
I'm not talking about the formation, I'm talking about stuff that happened by VE that you normally wouldn't accept but were defending while in VE.

[quote]
This has already been refuted by your gov who said that raids on large alliances have to be authorised by the triumvirate, so it absolutely [i]was[/i] government sanctioned. Which is one very big difference between an individual tech raid and an alliance-on-alliance war.
[/quote]
The one doesn't refute the other.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1329050032' post='2918955']
Lol, that's me, alright. It's only funny because everyone knows I'm a dove of the whitest feather. -_-
[/quote]
You might have been allowed to not lose your conflict with NSO and Tetris, but do not think you could even begin to approach actual power.

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1329068167' post='2919053']
For example?
[/quote]
This entire thread is a weak attempt to hurt NG politically, don't play dumb.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1329070415' post='2919077']This entire thread is a weak attempt to hurt NG politically, don't play dumb.
[/quote]

Perhaps you would be more willing to explain where I had done:

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1329068089' post='2919052']
Yeah your [b]OP is filled with lies attempting to defame NG[/b]. Thus slander.
[/quote]

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1329068089' post='2919052']
Yeah your OP is filled with lies attempting to defame NG. Thus slander.
[/quote]
Could you point out the lies for me? I'm having trouble finding them:
[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1328919338' post='2918055']
A public service announcement since I dislike silent DoWs, silent/misleading treaty cancellations or announcements, and the like. It seems Non Grata has declared war against AGW Overlords (at the time of this post there are two dozen wars declared against AGW Overlords and no formal declaration of war).

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=All&search=AGW+Overlords+non+grata"]Link for the lazy[/url]

If someone can link me to Non Grata's DoW let me know and I'll edit it in here.
[/quote]

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1329070415' post='2919077']
This entire thread is a weak attempt to hurt NG politically, don't play dumb.
[/quote]
I think this entire thread is an attempt at information-spreading. If NG feels it's being targeted, they have learned the valuable lesson of narrative control. It's a war, a simple DoW would have made this impossible and put NG in control of the narrative.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1328920830' post='2918074']
It is very reminiscent of the KoN incident. Hopefully the other alliances of PB have enough class to do something about this.
[/quote]

Umbrella, in all its glorious righteousness, shall gladly take up the mantle of justice and put these troublemakers in their place.

(Once we're able to hoard a bunch more tech and win tech survivor).

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1329071967' post='2919083']
I can't believe people are still arguing that this is some sort of war.

That is your lie Ender. It is not a war. It is called a tech raid.

You're completely dense if you can't differentiate between the two.
[/quote]
OH WELL I'M GLAD WE CLEARED THAT UP

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kBRP1.png[/IMG]

[/quote]

Would you prefer me to title this thread "Non-Grata launches two dozen wars against AGW Overlords immediately following cancellation of their last known treaty (what a coincidence!)?"

[/quote]

As someone who supports raiding, I really do have to point out that if you have to punch the Declare War button to do something...yeah. Probably a war.

What is wrong with you people? Are you seriously making the 'declare war' button argument? If that argument held weight, nothing would be considered a tech raid, when obviously there are.
P=press war button, Q = tech raid, R = war.
P->Q
P->R
Thus, (P does not imply R and only R)
Therefore unless you seriously think there is no such thing as a tech raid, please shut up.

Edited by Sardonic

If we're taking the position that every time some members of our alliance hit the "declare war" button, it should be considered an alliance war... then please, someone feel free to announce all the wars we've ever been in for us. I know there have been a lot. You can add those to our wiki too. We've probably had a couple hundred alliance wars in the last 365 days.

[quote name='Velocity111' timestamp='1329077800' post='2919126']
If we're taking the position that every time some members of our alliance hit the "declare war" button, it should be considered an alliance war... then please, someone feel free to announce all the wars we've ever been in for us. I know there have been a lot. You can add those to our wiki too. We've probably had a couple hundred alliance wars in the last 365 days.
[/quote]
If you think attacking half the membership of an alliance is the same as attacking a couple nations here and there, there's not much we can do for ya son.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1329077915' post='2919127']
If you think attacking half the membership of an alliance is the same as attacking a couple nations here and there, there's not much we can do for ya son.
[/quote]
If you think we generally attack less than half the membership of the alliances we raid... there's not much we can do for ya son

25 wars hitting a third of an alliance within 24 hours is not 'just a tech raid'. That's more than several 'real' alliance wars managed. Tech raids are wrong too, but that's not what we're talking about here. This was coordinated military action against another alliance.

Was it 'all out war'? No, but that's a straw man, no-one's claiming it was. It was still a war.

[quote]You're completely dense if you can't differentiate between the two.[/quote]
Yes, quite.

If the argument is "it's a war because you hit the declare war button" then there are no tech raids.

If the argument is "it's a war because you hit the declare war button AND hit an arbitrary % of the nations in their alliance" then every time we hit a couple members of a 1-5 man alliance, it's a war. And if you're going to argue that hitting the "declare war button" implies a war, then you can't really argue that a person on an alliance affiliation that they own isn't a part of a "real" alliance unless you're willing to deal with that hypocritical double standard.

If the argument is "it's a war because you're competent" then thanks, Janova.

Edited by Velocity111