Disgraceful War Tactics

MasterChief

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='MasterChief' timestamp='1323601513' post='2873773']
Same day I send him peace, guess what he does the next day?

He lied so I would not attack him back. This is the type of warfare these alliances are coming to? Lies and deceit though you are already at 4:1 odds really?
[/quote]

You deserved it for been a fool

Edited by Commander shepard

[quote name='cambenito' timestamp='1323757379' post='2876293']
im enjoying the celebrity over nothing ,just reading all this for the first time .just to say on my behalf ,he offered peace i asked my alliance what to do they said attack ,end of story.oh and im not bi lingual,haha
[/quote]

I never offered peace, YOU did. Lies on the forums are frowned upon.

[quote name='MasterChief' timestamp='1323815409' post='2876960']
I never offered peace, YOU did. Lies on the forums are frowned upon.
[/quote]

This was you, in the OP:

[quote]Same day [b][i]I send him peace[/b][/i], guess what he does the next day?[/quote]

And the second post:

[quote]To: cambenito From: MasterChief Date: 12/10/2011 3:16:32 AM

Subject: Peace Offer

Message: [b][i]A peace offer has been submitted by MasterChief[/b][/i] for the following reason: Cessation of Hostilities

As soon as both nations accept peace the war will end. If either nation attacks one another this peace offer will be automatically canceled.[/quote]

That kinda looks like you offering peace. Y'know, lies on the forum are frowned upon.

Edited by Schad

omfg,this guy is delusional cant even believe this.he posts that hes mad at me for attacking him after he offered peace ,now says it never happened when he posted his emails on here to me ,just stirring the pot i guess.laugh is all i will do.

[quote name='MasterChief' timestamp='1323815515' post='2876963']
I had meant it differently, I said he told me he was offering peace, I DID send the peace offer. I misread is all.
[/quote]

now you're just embarrassing yourself

Not disgraceful. It's not a lie in a war. It's disinformation that you wholeheartedly accepted. This is why it is critical to have a highly structured command apparatus in an alliance. You NEVER take orders or suggestions from the enemy. Who trained you anyway?

Standard procedure should have been to beat the target until command said otherwise. I prefer to beat them black and blue. They're my favorite colors. At least then if they aren't Pacifican I can make them look more Pacifican.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1324009076' post='2879482']
Want to leave a fight before their mates is something i will never understand.

well unless maybe if it were a RL issue that kept you from being effective in a war.. nah.. even absent you are a damage sink so its still useful.
[/quote]

About the only time I could justify it would be if:

You're at or near ZI, can't escape to peace mode, and bill locked due to your wonder bills. So you surrender to preserve your nation that has 3 or 4 years worth of wonders on it. Of course you promptly rejoin the alliance post war and all that. Basically in the above scenario you've become a casualty and you'd simply removing yourself so they don't need need to keep feeding you aid.

Post your surrender and get permission to get one or two aid packets to get out of bill lock and start rebuilding.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1323648400' post='2874392']
I hope when you are on the losing end of the next major war someone remembers this, and force your alliance to fight when out numbered, bet you wouldn't last a week.
[/quote]

why post at all when it's clear that you have no clue what you're talking about? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Presidant Joe' timestamp='1323614107' post='2873868']
War is deceit good sir. this isn't the 1600 where we all lined up shot for a few hours then shared some tea are exchanged apologies for any unpleasantness
[/quote]

I know you're tryning to be funny but your sarcasm is only half right. although they lined up an shot at each other it was mainly the Brits that used that tactic, and afterwards both sides didn't share tea and crumpets... they did however allow each other to recover and bury thier dead.

on another note... looks like a great CB to roll them at a later date, or why not nuke them now its better to go down nuking instead of beieng upset about the taste of the nuke u just ate..

[quote name='Ad Fidem' timestamp='1324191148' post='2881037']
I know you're tryning to be funny but your sarcasm is only half right. although they lined up an shot at each other it was mainly the Brits that used that tactic, and afterwards both sides didn't share tea and crumpets... they did however allow each other to recover and bury thier dead.

on another note... looks like a great CB to roll them at a later date, or why not nuke them now its better to go down nuking instead of beieng upset about the taste of the nuke u just ate..
[/quote]

The truth is not needed in effective Sarcasm.

I agree its in poor taste to make offers and not back them up, but to be fair he never said you would get peace or wouldn't be attacked the next day if you offered peace. Even if "send peace or be attacked" implies you won't get attacked if you send peace, here the nation who told you to that had no actual authority to decide whether to give you peace or not before your surrender. So I think it was more of a noob mistake than him trying to use deception to gain an advantage.

Also if he gave you peace it would of meant opening war slots to hit more of your comrades, so you really shouldn't peace out individual wars before an alliance-wide peace agreement is reached.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Ad Fidem' timestamp='1324191148' post='2881037']
[/quote]

"firing in ranks" was actually a great development in warfare. The "crawl" method (firing and reloading individually) failed to break infantry and cavalry charges.

All's fair in war, though. Honor and trust in your opponent are risky and should be approached cautiously, at best.