Disgraceful War Tactics

MasterChief

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1323641179' post='2874281']
I'm sorry, are you new? This type of action is a common tactic. Your problem was falling for it.
[/quote]
From what I know I am quite sure that there was a time where those using this type of "tactic" would have been considered scum.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TheDoctor' timestamp='1323641391' post='2874286']
From what I know I am quite sure that there was a time where those using this type of "tactic" would have been considered scum.
[/quote]

I actually agree with this, which is why no-one in BN is authorised to use this, or any other kind of 'underhanded tactic', I have already explained what happened here.

This is hilarious that so many people still think he was using it as a tactic. As Jack and WC said, he didn't understand what to do. He posted to our forum and was told to not offer/accept any peace offers, so he didn't and continued attacks.

Most people are just over-thinking this particular situation, but it's still funny to see GOD whining about anything. Do go on..

[quote name='Jack Shepard' timestamp='1323642095' post='2874291']
I actually agree with this, which is why no-one in BN is authorised to use this, or any other kind of 'underhanded tactic', I have already explained what happened here.
[/quote]
It may not have been approved by your gov but that does not change the fact that he did it. He clearly tells the OP that he was following orders which was a lie. I am not sure what he was trying to do here but it was shady.

[quote name='TheDoctor' timestamp='1323642664' post='2874304']
It may not have been approved by your gov but that does not change the fact that he did it. He clearly tells the OP that he was following orders which was a lie. I am not sure what he was trying to do here but it was shady.
[/quote]

You have got to be kidding me. He said that he was following orders [i]by attacking him[/i]. This is not a lie...indeed, BN's leadership had given him MasterChief as a target, and thus cambenito was doing exactly what he should have done. The mistake -- and it was only that -- was in telling him to send a peace offer to cease attacks rather than asking him for a formal surrender which would be followed by a peace offer, as is standard procedure in an alliance war. That was corrected, and now they keep fighting until/unless MasterChief wants to formally surrender and become a prisoner of war. It's the height of absurdity to see any greater meaning or plot in this.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1323643134' post='2874312']
You have got to be kidding me. He said that he was following orders [i]by attacking him[/i]. This is not a lie...indeed, BN's leadership had given him MasterChief as a target, and thus cambenito was doing exactly what he should have done. The mistake -- and it was only that -- was in telling him to send a peace offer to cease attacks rather than asking him for a formal surrender which would be followed by a peace offer, as is standard procedure in an alliance war. That was corrected, and now they keep fighting until/unless MasterChief wants to formally surrender and become a prisoner of war. It's the height of absurdity to see any greater meaning or plot in this.
[/quote]
"send peace or be attacked ,up to you,im following orders"

That means his orders are to attack unless the OP sends peace. Now I suppose it is possible that he just has poor communication skills and didn't say what he meant in which case he's not shady just stupid.

I will admit I tend to give people too much credit in situations like this and assume they actually know what they are saying.

[quote name='TheDoctor' timestamp='1323643587' post='2874321']

That means his orders are to attack unless the OP sends peace. Now I suppose it is possible that he just has poor communication skills and didn't say what he meant in which case he's not shady just stupid.

I will admit I tend to give people too much credit in situations like this and assume they actually know what they are saying.
[/quote]
I take back everything I said before. Everyone is correct. It was a skillful tactic in which he got to kill his opponent while his opponent didn't attack back.

The OP's problem is he fell for it. Sucker.

[quote name='TheDoctor' timestamp='1323643587' post='2874321']

[/quote]

English is not cam's first language, someone who is bilingual who perhaps does not communicate clearly in all languages does not make them stupid, and you calling them that just shows your own ignorance.

You have interpreted his message how you wanted to interpret it, not how it was intended.

[quote name='Jack Shepard' timestamp='1323645430' post='2874342']
English is not cam's first language, someone who is bilingual who perhaps does not communicate clearly in all languages does not make them stupid, and you calling them that just shows your own ignorance.

You have interpreted his message how you wanted to interpret it, not how it was intended.
[/quote]
Please tell me how that message was intended then. I would like to be enlightened as to how a message like that could be sent if it was not due to gross incompetence or nefarious intent.

[quote name='MasterChief' timestamp='1323602986' post='2873781']
No this is a disgusting form of tactics that will be noted about your alliance in future terms. If not then the political jest of this planet has nothing but NWO written all over it.
[/quote]

Whats funny is that you think he would seriously offer peace. Even if your scenario is accurate, and he was dishonorable to you, give it some thought. He says to you to send peace or be attacked because he was ordered to attack you. You are not surrendering to him, so him peacing you out, makes him a !@#$% to his own alliance. You literally put your faith in someone who was offering to be a !@#$% to his alliance, and then act surprised that he was really being a !@#$% to you? Think about that for a minute. Also, as BN gov said, he was probably just misinformed. But if he wasnt, you are complaining that he was so dishonorable, that he wasnt dishonorable to his own alliance.

Edit: also, this just in.. psychological warfare is a valid tactic. Im even ok , after thinking about it, with the Fark guy who surrendered to TLR and NG, and after 2 of his wars peaced out, he went back to Fark AA and kept hitting the 3rd guy 1 on 1.

Edited by Rush Sykes

The guy's actions weren't sanctioned by BN, nor were they intentional. It was a mistake. And even if it wasn't, I'd say if you fall for something like that you deserve whatever happens. The guy who made a mistake doesn't represent BN, and one inactive idiot making a terrible thread doesn't represent GOD. Let's move on shall we?

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1323625312' post='2873985']
Haha GOD has noobs

[b]GOD - They don't make'em like they used to[/b]

EDIT: inb4 FEAR has noobs too!!111!!1

FEAR is allowed to have noobs, expectations are higher for GOD.
[/quote]
Everyone has noobs. The difference is, we nuke ours. :ehm: I had the pleasure of doing so to one once.

[quote name='the damned' timestamp='1323635692' post='2874193']
Yeah man, that's actually as old as the game. You attack someone, you offer peace before they return fire, they accept, you re declare, and then you hit them again. The only ignorance is that of the person who doesn't know how to properly surrender.
[/quote]
Aren't there measures in place to stop this today? I thought admin did something to keep you from redeclaring on the same day.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1323642218' post='2874297']
but it's still funny to see GOD whining about anything
[/quote]
Where is GOD whining? One idiot whining does not make GOD whining. Or should we judge you by the actions of your one idiot here?

[quote name='Sniper Joe' timestamp='1323646497' post='2874359']
The guy's actions weren't sanctioned by BN, nor were they intentional. It was a mistake. And even if it wasn't, I'd say if you fall for something like that you deserve whatever happens. The guy who made a mistake doesn't represent BN, and[b] one inactive idiot making a terrible thread doesn't represent GOD. Let's move on shall we?[/b]
[/quote]

No, but it sure makes it easier to keep pointing and laughing :ehm:

[quote name='Jack Shepard' timestamp='1323602327' post='2873776']
He didn't lie, he was misinformed.

We are not accepting peace at this time, and we passed that on to him, and asked him to continue his attacks.
[/quote]

I hope when you are on the losing end of the next major war someone remembers this, and force your alliance to fight when out numbered, bet you wouldn't last a week.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1323648400' post='2874392']
I hope when you are on the losing end of the next major war someone remembers this, and force your alliance to fight when out numbered, bet you wouldn't last a week.
[/quote]

Yes, it's a totally cruel and unusual war tactic to offer someone the choice between surrender and fighting on.

[quote name='TheDoctor' timestamp='1323645957' post='2874350']
Please tell me how that message was intended then. I would like to be enlightened as to how a message like that could be sent if it was not due to gross incompetence or nefarious intent.
[/quote]

[quote]To: MasterChief From: cambenito Date: 12/10/2011 2:43:42 AM

Subject: RE: Battle Report

Message: send peace or be attacked ,up to you,im following orders [b]by attacking you right now[/b][/quote]

The bold is how the message was intended to be interpreted.

His asking for peace, I have mentioned several times, was a simple misunderstanding which has been corrected.

[quote name='Jack Shepard' timestamp='1323648625' post='2874397']
The bold is how the message was intended to be interpreted.

His asking for peace, I have mentioned several times, was a simple misunderstanding which has been corrected.
[/quote]
I guess my issue here is trying to figure out how a misunderstanding like that could happen. Where did he get the idea that he should be asking for peace when you were not yet accepting surrender?

[quote name='TheDoctor' timestamp='1323648803' post='2874399']
I guess my issue here is trying to figure out how a misunderstanding like that could happen. Where did he get the idea that he should be asking for peace when you were not yet accepting surrender?
[/quote]

This is his first real alliance war.

The only time he has ever fought before was against tech raiders, and in those scenarios he always aimed for the tech raiders to send peace to the nations they were raiding.

So my guess is old habits dying hard, coupled with not paying attention to politics of CN.

[quote name='Sniper Joe' timestamp='1323646497' post='2874359']
The guy's actions weren't sanctioned by BN, nor were they intentional. It was a mistake. And even if it wasn't, I'd say if you fall for something like that you deserve whatever happens. The guy who made a mistake doesn't represent BN, and one inactive idiot making a terrible thread doesn't represent GOD. Let's move on shall we?
[/quote]
We've all had these types in our alliances, sadly. Messing up staggers, peacing out prematurely, surrendering after 1 day, etc. Not everyone can be addicted to this CN. Meh, I hope this guy at least realizes why this thread was bad though.

[quote name='Jack Shepard' timestamp='1323648956' post='2874403']
This is his first real alliance war.

The only time he has ever fought before was against tech raiders, and in those scenarios he always aimed for the tech raiders to send peace to the nations they were raiding.

So my guess is old habits dying hard, coupled with not paying attention to politics of CN.
[/quote]
Fair enough. Thank you for your time, I know you could have just as easily ignored it or went with the ever popular "lols stfu deal with it" type response and it speaks well to your character that you didn't.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1323648400' post='2874392']
[/quote]

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha......

:awesome:

Yeah BN, you have never fought anyone outnumbered before! You don't know whats its like to be poor GOD! :lol1: