A Briefest Comment on RIA

Ardus

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1322770655' post='2858410']
If anything, my election (and reelection) to the office of Grandmaster of the Order is a testament to how mildly charismatic madmen can subvert a democractic process to their own ends.

Long live the Paradoxian Soviet! Long live the NKVD!
[/quote]

Funny how easily that democratic process can be subverted though. Death to democracy.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1322770175' post='2858403']
TBH if I was IRON id just cancel the RIA NAP here in this thread publicly and eliminate even that last and weakest of excuses for RIA to chicken out...

Any IRON council out there reading this? If so please post a vote for the RIA NAP cancellation in .gov chambers plox :blush:
[/quote]

Oh look more pressure to drop treaties.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1322735584' post='2858085']
http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?View=Charts&Alliance=New%20Polar%20Order

Ego, my friend, Tell me, with how the stats are stacked presently, who do you think will win?
[/quote]

http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?View=Charts&Alliance=Independent%20Republic%20Of%20Orange%20Nations

I think at this rate it will be very costly wouldn't you say so?

Question for you, you have a grudge with polar, you say you are winning.. Now why would you want more reinforcements to come in on the polar side? After all this is the best case scenario for IRON right? Independent thinking, really not that hard.

Now for the people lined up behind IRON/TOP, but more important for the people that are screaming the hardest from beyond a wall of NS so big they know they're pretty much unreachable for the Polar side. If you want us, come and get us. Stop trying to making others do your dirty work for you, you don't need a cb you know that and have done that before. A preempt isn't unprecedented, "we don't like you" is apparently as good a reason as any. So why the crying, act already.

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1322773408' post='2858450']
Now for the people lined up behind IRON/TOP, but more important for the people that are screaming the hardest from beyond a wall of NS so big they know they're pretty much unreachable for the Polar side. If you want us, come and get us. Stop trying to making others do your dirty work for you, you don't need a cb you know that and have done that before. A preempt isn't unprecedented, "we don't like you" is apparently as good a reason as any. So why the crying, act already.
[/quote]

Believe me when I say it's much more hilarious to watch "you" !@#$ on your own reputation while allies get picked off one by one.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1322766863' post='2858364']
I'm sure many people are.

Me? Prior to the signing of this treaty, it seemed fairly likely that the war would stay localized; that part of it isn't really the problem, much though I'd enjoy a war. It's the maddening fact that I have no earthly clue as to why these two parties have done this; I've been waiting for an "aha!" moment, when the grand strategy is revealed and everything made sense, but that apparently isn't coming. It's not moral outrage...it's the fact that -- if what people on your side of things have said is true -- RIA has done pretty grievous harm to their otherwise decent reputation simply to sit on the sidelines, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why.
[/quote]
[i]Random Insanity[/i] Alliance?

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1322774160' post='2858458']
[i]Random Insanity[/i] Alliance?
[/quote]

Did they merge with someone to form the Association of Political Suicide Enthusiasts, or is it just a re-branding?

http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?View=Charts&Alliance=Independent%20Republic%20Of%20Orange%20Nations

Question for you, you have a grudge with polar, you say you are winning.. Now why would you want more reinforcements to come in on the polar side? After all this is the best case scenario for IRON right? Independent thinking, really not that hard.

Now for the people lined up behind IRON/TOP, but more important for the people that are screaming the hardest from beyond a wall of NS so big they know they're pretty much unreachable for the Polar side. If you want us, come and get us. Stop trying to making others do your dirty work for you, you don't need a cb you know that and have done that bbefore. A preempt isn't unprecedented, "we don't like you" is apparently as good a reason as any. So why the crying, act already.
[/quote]

What I just got out of this is that treaties don't matter anymore, and if anyone wants to fight anyone, they may as well declare randomly and not expect any treaty activations.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1322774781' post='2858468']
What I just got out of this is that treaties don't matter anymore, and if anyone wants to fight anyone, they may as well declare randomly and not expect any treaty activations.
[/quote]
Sounds about right

[/quote]
I don't think anybody called out R&R in specific, did they?

The only people our side is calling out is RIA because they made a huge political deal out of this hasty treaty with Polaris, with many of their friends and members (both on these forums and elsewhere) calling us out and then celebrating, thinking they had forced TOP and IRON into backing out.

If RIA didn't want to be called out, it simply shouldn't have signed a last minute treaty with Polaris. Nobody forced them to do so.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Diabloz' timestamp='1322775154' post='2858473']
Oh wait this is SF we talking about here. Aren't they the ones who will only fight if they on the winning side, and yet always picking the easy targets? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Though it was a [i]long[/i] while ago...

SF! fought and lost a losing war that many people have forgotten... (The Unjust War). Again, that was four years ago but just pointing that out.

Okay, so I understand that you guys are trying to demoralize the other side by calling them cowards for not entering the war and all, but I also understand that you guys do this in [i]every [/i]war where the party being rolled is [i]clearly [/i] not trying to bring in loads of others.

The part I don't understand is why you still do it every time, when anyone who has been around for longer than a few months knows you're all full of !@#$.

[quote name='Baron Flynt' timestamp='1322775786' post='2858482']
Okay, so I understand that you guys are trying to demoralize the other side by calling them cowards for not entering the war and all, but I also understand that you guys do this in [i]every [/i]war where the party being rolled is [i]clearly [/i] not trying to bring in loads of others.
[/quote]

Keeping it limited is no fun, those who don't follow treties are party poopers

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/nfqgbk.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1322773690' post='2858452']
Believe me when I say it's much more hilarious to watch "you" !@#$ on your own reputation while allies get picked off one by one.
[/quote]

well.. you're picking of one.. very very slowly.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1322774781' post='2858468']
[/quote]

Ow.. you just got that? Guess you missed parts of the last 2 years or so.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1322774993' post='2858470']
I don't think anybody called out R&R in specific, did they?

The only people our side is calling out is RIA because they made a huge political deal out of this hasty treaty with Polaris, with many of their friends and members (both on these forums and elsewhere) calling us out and then celebrating, thinking they had forced TOP and IRON into backing out.

If RIA didn't want to be called out, it simply shouldn't have signed a last minute treaty with Polaris. Nobody forced them to do so.
[/quote]

Fair enough. Not just talking about right now though, more in general about the period since the VE-Polar war.

[quote name='Diabloz' timestamp='1322775154' post='2858473']
Oh wait this is SF we talking about here. Aren't they the ones who will only fight if they on the winning side, and yet always picking the easy targets? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Always yes.. always in the entire 1 war you've seen.

[quote name='Shadow Slayer' timestamp='1322775638' post='2858480']
That's pretty funny coming from NG :P
[/quote]

Why is it funny? What is making you laugh? the fact we fought against UPN/SOS? well atleast we had the balls to do something to keep us entertained.. Unfortunately that would be something quite difficult for you to understand yet again you are in SF a bloc which saved its infra but ruined its reputation, i know everyone here has lost respect for SF, and i applaud UPN (yes the alliance many of you used to laugh at) for having the balls to fight, something RIA or FARK won't have.

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1322777152' post='2858498']
Ow.. you just got that? Guess you missed parts of the last 2 years or so.
[/quote]

In case you haven't noticed, there actually were a slew of minor skirmishes over these past two years that did not involve preempts. They never expanded, however, due to interests of "stopping expansion." I'm sorry that you feel that a preempt is the only way treaties are honored anymore (for any self-respecting alliance, this isn't the case), but it's simply not a trick in our bag right now.

[quote name='Diabloz' timestamp='1322777360' post='2858501']
Why is it funny? What is making you laugh? the fact we fought against UPN/SOS? well atleast we had the balls to do something to keep us entertained.. Unfortunately that would be something quite difficult for you to understand yet again you are in SF a bloc which saved its infra but ruined its reputation, i know everyone here has lost respect for SF, and i applaud UPN (yes the alliance many of you used to laugh at) for having the balls to fight, something RIA or FARK won't have.
[/quote]

Perhaps I am misinterpreting what you said but a minor clerical note: Fark isn't SF!; they haven't been for a while either.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1322761780' post='2858266']
Honestly, I have no idea where you get this drivel from, you continue to amaze me with your ability to make !@#$ up. Ardus stepped aside because of [ooc]real life time constraints[/ooc] that he knew would make him incapable of leading an alliance. I can only commend him for taking his bow before letting his inactivity drag down the efficiency of the Kingdom.[/quote]

If I have made something up in my previous post, please address it.

No idea why you had to bring XX into this conversation. I realize the obviously treaty connections, but it's damn near impossible to see those coming into play given the reluctance to even see RIA act. If XX will enter this war, then I sincerely feel bad for the alliance you once led, given how you completely !@#$ on the little good-will they still had as an alliance and then bolted at the eleventh hour for an alliance poised to come out on top. It's an act of cowardice that I will never cease to find humor in when I see your name.
[/quote]

This is the post I was quoting:
[quote name='Krashnaia' timestamp='1322736606' post='2858091']
The irony here is that the people who could rightifuly call out RIA, their allies, NpO, have no problem with RIA's course of action. And the people yelling like a rejected teenager, are the guys who support the attack against NpO.

On a normal place, a lynching mob would not complain about the bystanders not stepping in to help the lynched. But Planet Bob is not a normal place.

In any case, by opening this thread in the OWF, Ardus has definitely proven that MK is craving to use this war as a excuse to drag XX and SF into the field. Something they have been craving for a long time. Why they don't go for it straight, like TOP just did with NpO, remains still behind the shadows. The words "[i]need to mobilize enough meatshields to take the blunt of the battle and avoid hurting my mushroom-shaped nails[/i]" come to my mind.

Anyway I'm glad to see Ardus playing his hand so openly.
[/quote]
It mentioned XX and so I responded to it in the part which you have quoted.
I think XX is in a fine position. It certainly has quite a few of you all ticked off that the over-arching endeavor hasn't come easy, I don't think you can begrudge a little bit of happiness about that considering my previous responsibilities. Also, I don't know where you got the "coward," thing. I don't think anyone can call me that. I probably have more balls than most of this game combined. This war is about betrayal and its premise resonated well with me. Simple as that. I don't play well with ad-hominem's, just because...well... I've long since left the playground. I know a lot of people have been quick to throw around the "c," word about every which alliance which doesn't allow for curbstomp X, Y, or Z to happen, but I disagree and I don't see anyone running.

You're right about one thing, this isn't a game of events where X then Y happens. You have a reputation for an alliance, but poor decisions and actions can easily outweigh what occurred in the past. Therefore, you should also realize how hilarious this is for anyone who knows the former history of the RIA and their commitment to war. Delta has been quick to point out that they've gone to bat for allies in the past, but he forgets to note how politically simple those decisions were. Now he's backed into a corner, where he can either defend his flashy new treaty and save some face for the RIA, or abandon it and get laughed at for what might be one of the worst political decisions we have [b]ever[/b] witnessed. Mind you, this is literally an alliance that has lost nearly half a million NS before even entering the conflict, so I guess that speaks volumes for what matters most for the RIA.
[/quote]

Well, I guess the difference between most people and I is the ability to realize politics are all relative. I understand why this whole situation upsets you but my point is it is probably energy better spent elsewhere.

Edited by IYIyTh