A Joint Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom and the Viridian Entente

Leet Guy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1320451919' post='2838994']
Actually, the case for this being more detrimental to Legion than NSO has been quite reasonably demonstrated. Perhaps you could counter those arguments directly rather than an blanket dismissal based on, well...nothing.
[/quote]

Can you think of a way to make it more fair? That's what it really boils down to.

The only reason this can be construed as anti-Legion is because NSO is so thoroughly overmatched by sheer numbers that any meddling at all is going to look pro-NSO. Given the fact that we're tired of this war as a whole going on, and we will intervene if it doesn't end, what sort of intervention do you feel would be adequately balanced at punishing both alliances rather than just one?

Actually, the case for this being more detrimental to Legion than NSO has been quite reasonably demonstrated. Perhaps you could counter those arguments directly rather than an blanket dismissal based on, well...nothing.
[/quote]

The fact that this is more detrimental to the Legion than the NSO is irrelevant, though. If I throw stones at two parties, hurting one and killing the other, that does not, by any measure, imply that I favor one over the other.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1320452295' post='2839000']
Can you think of a way to make it more fair? That's what it really boils down to.

The only reason this can be construed as anti-Legion is because NSO is so thoroughly overmatched by sheer numbers that any meddling at all is going to look pro-NSO. Given the fact that we're tired of this war as a whole going on, and we will intervene if it doesn't end, what sort of intervention do you feel would be adequately balanced at punishing both alliances rather than just one?
[/quote]

Yes, use your powers of persuasion to get NSO to accept they lost and then your problem is solved. I don't see the point in threatenig Legion to facilitate the process of peace as they have offered very reasonable and realistic terms to NSO and Tetris.

I'll be sending you an invoice for my consultancy fees.

At first i thought that NSO should at least have to surrender after seeing six million dollars and how they tried to make themselves look tough because they poked the bear and got off lightly for it,

But the hell with it, go for white peace, i'd love to see NSO trying to put a spin on how they attacked the autistic kid with a baseball bat and ended up in the ICU.

Edited by lazaraus45

I'm really new to this game but I read what flows through these sewers every now and then to at least not be in the dark of what happens, but I decided to surface for this disgusting spectacle. All I can say is if the anti-legion movement has to resort to this sort of scheming to further their agenda then your whole movement along with all your alliances are 10 times more pathetic than you will ever put us to be.

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1320452465' post='2839003']
The fact that this is more detrimental to the Legion than the NSO is irrelevant, though. If I throw stones at two parties, hurting one and killing the other, that does not, by any measure, imply that I favor one over the other.
[/quote]

You'd have a point if you had no prior knowledge that the stone would kill one and hurt the other. In this case you have the prior knowledge of the consequences of your actions and are proceeding with it in that knowledge.

[/quote]

1) It was an even and fair war, the other opponents backed down but NSO refused to despite their clear loss. If you want to leave it fair, then leave it alone! It started out as a fair fight and the scales are turning in favor the Legion because the Legion is WINNING.

2) "We" being tired of this war isn't every nation on the planet, just you. Since when do you speak for all nations?

3) Who appointed you judge, jury and executioner? I wasn't aware that two alliances should be punished for going to war with one another. It is not Legion's fault that NSO won't admit to clearly being defeated. That is the only thing holding up the peace process. I believe the only thing you wish to punish the legion for is not allowing this thing to go global...which is quite honorable of the legion actually.

Edited by illusion

[/quote]

All this talk of numbers is pretty laughable. The 5 AAs of the Tetris side outnumbered us in nations first off. Secondly NSO, just like every other AA here, has a finite number of Defensive war slots.

We currently have the advantage because we fought better than they did and had a stronger will to fight than the AAs that left. What does fair have to do with that, and why does fairness in a war even being considered?

[/quote]

Much respect for STA.

That said, the only detriment I see here is to Legion's unreasonable peace terms directed at NSO. If that's what you're talking about, then yes, this is anti-Legion.

Although, I'll give you this, if they really were being fair "peacekeepers" and not coming into this for some other motive, they would create a list of open NSO and Legion targets, and occupy the same number / relative NS on both sides. That would be the "fair" way to not overly damage one alliance over the other while still resisting escalation.

Once Legion's and NSO's allies enter the fray, this war expands anyway, and the original supposed intent of the declaration is lost.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1320452586' post='2839010']
PB, CnG, SF, XX, MJ, DR, PF....they are the new terrible Hegemony!
[/quote]

I've got a catchy name for the war where (okay if) they get their come-uppance. How's MKarma? Pronounce it like the guidance counselor from South Park, Mkay.

[quote name='Phaedron' timestamp='1320452745' post='2839016']
That said, the only detriment I see here is to Legion's unreasonable peace terms directed at NSO.
[/quote]
An admission of defeat is unreasonable? That's all I've seen Legion wants.

Edited by Gibsonator21

[quote name='Phaedron' timestamp='1320451787' post='2838991']
You can keep thinking that one, but NSO's allies for the most part have spent their time at the negotiating table. NpO knows this at least to some extent. A MK-VE war vs. NSO + Allies might not be "fair" exactly, but it would be a heck of a lot more fun than Legion-NSO-Tetris has been. Never underestimate fun.

Painting this announcement as anti-Legion is pretty hilarious actually, but I've heard sillier claims in this war to be sure.[/quote]NSO's allies have been threatening to destroy Legion because NSO won't concede defeat. Now VE/MK are doing the same.

The only difference between the two is VE/MK are also committing to a show war against NSO. I call it a show war because it has been empirically proven that [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106450&view=findpost&p=2838985]Legion stands to lose far more[/url] than NSO.

So basically NSO's allies just have to let do VE/MK do the dirty work.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1320452778' post='2839018']
Oh come now, that is a huge statement!
[/quote]

Well micros doing something stupid is one thing. But to take stupid to the next level you have to be an older and larger alliance. That way the stupid is magnified.

Edited by The Big Bad

[quote name='Phaedron' timestamp='1320452745' post='2839016']
Much respect for STA.

That said, the only detriment I see here is to Legion's unreasonable peace terms directed at NSO. If that's what you're talking about, then yes, this is anti-Legion.
[/quote]

Requiring a defeated party to admit defeat is unreasonable? Really? Only on the Cyberverse is denying reality seen as reasonable.

[quote]
Although, I'll give you this, if they really were being fair "peacekeepers" and not coming into this for some other motive, they would create a list of open NSO and Legion targets, and occupy the same number / relative NS on both sides. That would be the "fair" way to not overly damage one alliance over the other while still resisting escalation.

Once Legion's and NSO's allies enter the fray, this war expands anyway, and the original supposed intent of the declaration is lost.
[/quote]

I think the assumption that this announcement was aimed at facilitating peace is an erroneous one. It puts NSO in a position of power over Legion and anyone who thought about it for more than a second would have realised this. The people at VE and MK are not idiots so I can only conclude they were aware of this prior to making the announcement.

If Legion stick to their guns they'll get smashed while NSO gets a light massage with a wet lettuce leaf. If Legion caves then they get ridiculed as weak all over again and will have NSO lording it over them forever and a day.