A Joint Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom and the Viridian Entente

Leet Guy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The words I have for this stunt...well I can't say them or i'd be banned from these boards. This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen an alliance threaten to do, and I've seen some pretty stupid things in my nation's life time. Would have just been easier to declare on the Legion, because we all know that is the real motive here. We know those who made the announcement hate the Legion, to be playing it off as "fair" is a stinking joke.

Edited by illusion

Anyone else find it ironic that MK would be threatening another alliance for having terrible posters? This is the best laugh I have had in a while.

EDIT: I am sure it was said before. But I didn't ready anything but the OP.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1320453126' post='2839029']
Requiring a defeated party to admit defeat is unreasonable? Really? Only on the Cyberverse is denying reality seen as reasonable.[/quote]

Like when NPO denied being defeated in 2006...sorta always been that way. ;)

You do raise some good points though. If indeed the "fix" is in, perhaps the best thing that Legion supporters can do is watch very closely how the attack against each alliance is carried out, if it comes to that.

[i]OOC: War slots filling is against the TOS and it would be a shame if people got in game warns for stupidity.[/i]

[quote name='Rafael Nadal' timestamp='1320454162' post='2839064']
Have you not read the OP? Legion has a lot to do with this.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't reality.
[/quote]

Yup, read it. If NSO are being the only barrier to peace - exempting that you expect Legion to accept stupid terms just to get peace - your action against NSO and allies has nothing to do with Legion.

But that's only on the premise that you are at least trying to be fair to both Legion and NSO and therefore would not hit Legion if they were being wholly reasonable about reaching peace.

Which you aren't.

Edited by O-Dog

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1320453148' post='2839030']
Okay and when telling NSO "just surrender already" doesn't work? Cause here's a hint: It doesn't.
[/quote]

True, it does not! and in a case like that no one would blame Tetris for taking Legions peace offer.

That would give Tetris the peace it wants, needs and deserve! I actually got friends in Tetris that I wish nothing but good!

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1320454422' post='2839070']
Anyone else find it ironic that MK would be threatening another alliance for having terrible posters? This is the best laugh I have had in a while.

EDIT: I am sure it was said before. But I didn't ready anything but the OP.
[/quote]

That irony was not lost on me. Nor that this escapade was dsigned to get rid of 60 page threads full of terrible posts. Working like a charm.

[quote name="Rafael Nadal"]
Welp, we'll just see how the cards play out.
[/quote]

Indeed.

[quote name='illusion' timestamp='1320454420' post='2839069']
The words I have for this stunt...well I can't say them or i'd be banned from these boards. This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen an alliance threaten to do, and I've seen some pretty stupid things in my nation's life time.
[/quote]

If peace is actually achieved I don't think its beneath them to still find a loophole and try to stir up some !@#$ anyways to hit us. So there is no guarantee that regardless of what NSO or Tetris or we do they're just looking for excuses to strike.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1320452578' post='2839009']
You'd have a point if you had no prior knowledge that the stone would kill one and hurt the other. In this case you have the prior knowledge of the consequences of your actions and are proceeding with it in that knowledge.
[/quote]

That the Legion has more slots open than the NSO isn't something we caused, it's not something we can rectify (short of declaring war), and it's not something we're concerned with. It's natural that damage will be inflicted unequally in a war, and the salient point of this announcement is not that we plan to somehow correct that, but rather, that we plan to involve ourselves with this conflict if the two participating sides fail to negotiate a peace.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1320454486' post='2839073']
Like when NPO denied being defeated in 2006...sorta always been that way. ;)
[/quote]

One example in 6 years is always? I need to trade in this dictionary of mine as it has clearly been rewritten!

[quote]
You do raise some good points though. If indeed the "fix" is in, perhaps the best thing that Legion supporters can do is watch very closely how the attack against each alliance is carried out, if it comes to that.

[i]OOC: War slots filling is against the TOS and it would be a shame if people got in game warns for stupidity.[/i]
[/quote]

As has been pointed out, NSO has 21 war slots in range of MK/VE so even a "full attack" on them will mean nothing in comparison to a full attack on Legion. Something I assume MK/VE are well aware of and were aware of prior to announcing this plan as they are not idiots.

[quote name='O-Dog' timestamp='1320454491' post='2839074']
Yup, read it. If NSO are being the only barrier to peace - exempting that you expect Legion to accept stupid terms just to get peace - your action against NSO and allies has nothingto do with Legion.

But that's only on the premise that you are at least trying to be fair to both Legion and NSO and therefore would not hit Legion if they were being wholly reasonable about reaching peace.

Which you aren't.
[/quote]
"If you remove Legion from the equation, Legion is no longer in the equation." Thanks for the lesson.

Our actions against NSO and Legion are dependent upon peace being reached (or not reached). Now, in order for peace to be reached, both sides need to agree. I think you can see that Legion is, undoubtedly, a part of this process, and thus, has much to do with our actions against NSO.

Again, just because you don't like it, doesn't make it not the reality of the situation.

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1320454730' post='2839081']
That the Legion has more slots open than the NSO isn't something we caused, it's not something we can rectify (short of declaring war), and it's not something we're concerned with. It's natural that damage will be inflicted unequally in a war, and the salient point of this announcement is not that we plan to somehow correct that, but rather, that we plan to involve ourselves with this conflict if the two participating sides fail to negotiate a peace.
[/quote]

You are purposefully neglecting how the failure to reach peace happens, thus enabling one party to shaft the other.

You know this.

[quote name='Rafael Nadal' timestamp='1320453519' post='2839040']
And what about rolling NSO's allies?

I think we've been crystal clear with our intentions since taking the throne of CN.
[/quote]

You really should just stop, you're making yourself and the rest of your alliance look awful.

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1320454730' post='2839081']
[/quote]

You are trying to treat me like a fool. I'm not a fool. MK and VE knew this would have a greater impact on Legion (the alliance who has put a fair and reasonable peace offer on the table) than it would on NSO (an alliance who have refused to accept that peace offer due to their pride). You are not intervening as a moderating force, you are intervening to push Legion to comply with NSO's demands for white peace.

If what you claim is true then you'd be leaning on NSO to surrender and if they refused then you'd attack them for not ending the war. This is clearly not the plan here. Your actions have put NSO in full control of the peace scenario and placed Legion in a lose/lose situation and you come to my door trying to sell me a fair a reasonable resolution to the conflict? I'm not buying.

[quote name='O-Dog' timestamp='1320454913' post='2839088']
You are purposefully neglecting how the failure to reach peace happens, thus enabling one party to shaft the other.

You know this.
[/quote]
Why the failure happens is irrelevant to us in our position. It may be relevant to Legion's pride, but we couldn't care less about Legion's pride.

[quote name='JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS' timestamp='1320454716' post='2839080']
If peace is actually achieved I don't think its beneath them to still find a loophole and try to stir up some !@#$ anyways to hit us. So there is no guarantee that regardless of what NSO or Tetris or we do they're just looking for excuses to strike.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure the fix is in -- NSO won't surrender or white peace. They've got nothing to lose and everything to gain by just taking the weekend off.

[quote name='Rafael Nadal' timestamp='1320455038' post='2839093']
Why the failure happens is irrelevant to us in our position. It may be relevant to Legion's pride, but we couldn't care less about Legion's pride.
[/quote]

Your slip is showing.

[/quote]

No, you only care about the pride of NSO. Regardless of how you try to spin this, we all know the real motive behind it. You screwed up by coming up with this stupid plan, and now you are trying to justify your reasons under false pretenses.

Spin it however you like, it is still low. It is also a cowardly way to try to pick a fight.

Edited by illusion

Why the failure happens is irrelevant to us in our position. [/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbS8JK4TS8Q"]But I see your true colours shining through[/url]
I see your true colors, that's why I love you
So don't be afraid, to let them show
Your true colours, true colours
Beautiful, ooh like a rainbow
[img]http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx296/rockierok/poptartFINALTINY.gif[/img]

[/quote]
Just like NSO, the thought of a Legion victory is too much for you to deal with. Thus, you're coming to roll us. Pride has nothing to do with this.