A Joint Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom and the Viridian Entente

Leet Guy

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1320452489' post='2839005']
Yes, use your powers of persuasion to get NSO to accept they lost and then your problem is solved. I don't see the point in threatenig Legion to facilitate the process of peace as they have offered very reasonable and realistic terms to NSO and Tetris.

I'll be sending you an invoice for my consultancy fees.
[/quote]

Okay and when telling NSO "just surrender already" doesn't work? Cause here's a hint: It doesn't.

[quote name='illusion' timestamp='1320452622' post='2839011']
1) It was an even and fair war, the other opponents backed down but NSO refused to despite their clear loss. If you want to leave it fair, then leave it alone! It started out as a fair fight and the scales are turning in favor the Legion because the Legion is WINNING.

2) "We" being tired of this war isn't every nation on the planet, just you. Since when do you speak for all nations?

3) Who appointed you judge, jury and executioner? I wasn't aware that two alliances should be punished for going to war with one another. It is not Legion's fault that NSO won't admit to clearly being defeated. That is the only thing holding up the peace process. I believe the only thing you wish to punish the legion for is not allowing this thing to go global...which is quite honorable of the legion actually.
[/quote]

2) Did I say every nation on the planet? We clearly meant MK and VE. I'm sure there are others out there who feel similarly, but I don't speak for them. Hell I'm barely qualified to speak for myself.

3) Nobody appointed us. We decided to do it. The catchphrase around these parts is "If you don't like it do something about it" so why all the crying when we do so?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1320452836' post='2839020']
I've got a catchy name for the war where (okay if) they get their come-uppance. How's MKarma? Pronounce it like the guidance counselor from South Park, Mkay.
[/quote]

The [b]Fungicide[/b].

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1320452836' post='2839020']
I've got a catchy name for the war where (okay if) they get their come-uppance. How's MKarma? Pronounce it like the guidance counselor from South Park, Mkay.
[/quote]

Don't worry, we'll scare up another viceroy from somewhere. This way, we'll know you really mean it.

Edited by Rafael Nadal

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1320453148' post='2839030']
Okay and when telling NSO "just surrender already" doesn't work? Cause here's a hint: It doesn't.
[/quote]

Do I need to join all the dots for you? In that case, punish NSO for refusing a reasonable peace and ensuring the war is not going to end. Legion have been fair and reasonable so I fail to see why they should be punished for NSO's pigheadedness.

Unless, of course, ending the war is merely a ruse and rolling Legion and her allies is the real aim here. Oops, I'm getting all cynical again!

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1320452295' post='2839000']
Can you think of a way to make it more fair? That's what it really boils down to.
[/quote]

Slightly more fair would be that you demand that we (Legion) offer NSO white peace. It would still be pro-NSO, but it at least wouldn't let them stall talks to get us rolled.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1320453148' post='2839030']Okay and when telling NSO "just surrender already" doesn't work? Cause here's a hint: It doesn't.[/quote]

Then, if this is really about you helping your ODP partner and wanting to end the war, you'd hit NSO and let Legion and Tetris peace out. Legion aren't being unreasonable in this scenario.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1320453371' post='2839036']
Do I need to join all the dots for you? In that case, punish NSO for refusing a reasonable peace and ensuring the war is not going to end. Legion have been fair and reasonable so I fail to see why they should be punished for NSO's pigheadedness.

Unless, of course, ending the war is merely a ruse and rolling Legion and her allies is the real aim here. Oops, I'm getting all cynical again!
[/quote]
And what about rolling NSO's allies?

I think we've been crystal clear with our intentions since taking the throne of CN.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1320451427' post='2838985']
I got kind of curious at people saying "NSO has no slots to take," so I ran some numbers. For anyone who is as curious as I, but lazier, [url="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuR-T25B6QjTdDZEMTlwVF9TVThQa1JsYVBHN0NOMFE&hl=en_US#"]here ya go[/url].
[/quote]

and out of those 70 NSO nations with free defencive slot, 39 is avalible from nations below 1.1K NS making 21 free slot from nation above 1.1K NS!

Have fun VE & MK :rolleyes:

2) Did I say every nation on the planet? We clearly meant MK and VE. I'm sure there are others out there who feel similarly, but I don't speak for them. Hell I'm barely qualified to speak for myself.

3) Nobody appointed us. We decided to do it. The catchphrase around these parts is "If you don't like it do something about it" so why all the crying when we do so?
[/quote]

Because it is none of your business. The Legion won this war fair and square with no help from allies, and the only purpose of this announcement is to try to deprive them of the victory they deserve. They offered NSO a way out, all they have to do is admit defeat, that is not unreasonable, it is in fact expected in almost every peace agreement that has ever existed to date.

[u]Unreasonable[/u], is this threat that this announcement clearly poses to the winners of the war, The Legion.

[quote name='Rafael Nadal' timestamp='1320453519' post='2839040']
And what about rolling NSO's allies?

I think we've been crystal clear with our intentions since taking the throne of CN.
[/quote]

Why would NSO's allies need to get involved when you are doing the job they were going to do anyway?

[/quote]

One we're not crying, we're reasonably objecting as my friend Illusion pointed out. One of our objections is that your overbearing "solution" to a war that MK has no stake in and VE has an optional stake in directly interferes with the sovereignty of multiple alliances.

It's been over a month since the start of the war and VE chose to stay out even though they had a link to Tetris. Why the change of heart, and why try to pull this stunt? You had to know that it wouldn't be received very well from anyone other than your closest friends.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1320453787' post='2839052']
One we're not crying, we're reasonably objecting as my friend Illusion pointed out. One of our objections is that your overbearing "solution" to a war that MK has no stake in and VE has an optional stake in directly interferes with the sovereignty of multiple alliances.

It's been over a month since the start of the war and VE chose to stay out even though they had a link to Tetris. Why the change of heart, and why try to pull this stunt? [b]You had to know that it wouldn't be received very well from anyone other than your closest friends.[/b]
[/quote]
MK clearly has a stake in this situation, as evidenced by our involvement in the OP.

As for the bold, you're almost on to something. Think about it...

Edited by Rafael Nadal

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1320453787' post='2839052']
It's been over a month since the start of the war and VE chose to stay out even though they had a link to Tetris. Why the change of heart, and why try to pull this stunt? You had to know that it wouldn't be received very well from anyone other than your closest friends.
[/quote]

They want to kick the Legion while it's down. They could have sided with Tetris at any time, but chose to wait until the war was nearly over. Whether this 3 day ultimatum was made or not, this war would have been over within another week or so. Legion's enemies lost and the whole world knows it.