Saddest In-Game Message of All Time......

DocOctane

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1320257423' post='2837116']
Its a shame to see him gone, would be nice if nations who have been around for such a long amount of time are given more time before they auto-delete. Going on vacation, moving to a new location, medical problems and a lot of other stuff could keep someone away from a computer long enough to auto-delete even if they normally would of stuck around had they not lost there nation while away. If someone has been playing several years, they should be allowed several months of inactivity before getting removed with how little time a month consists of in comparison to years of being an active player.
[/quote]
It's not that hard to keep a nation around. I have been playing for just under five years. I have played through college, law school, grad school, and working full time. I have logged in from 4 countries, two continents, and 10 U.S. states. If I can keep a nation under these constraints, I don't see any reason why anyone would fail to do so. There are people who have dealt with storms, homelessness, and military deployments and kept their nations running.

So no, I don't think there should be any exception for more experienced players. The way the system works now is fair. If you can't plan well enough to collect taxes every 25 days, your nation deletes.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1320260459' post='2837129']
Who cares.

His relevance was over-hyped, by himself and this community.
[/quote]

He never claimed or tried to be relevant to anyone. He did his thing and he respected the right of others to do theirs.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farewell, Opethian. You'll be missed - in fact you were already silent and inactive, and missed.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1320260459' post='2837129']Who cares.[/quote]
Ah ah, I bet you [i]knew[/i] that the thread itself would have literally answered to your question.
Well played.

Edited by jerdge

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1320347892' post='2837783']
It's not that hard to keep a nation around. I have been playing for just under five years. I have played through college, law school, grad school, and working full time. I have logged in from 4 countries, two continents, and 10 U.S. states. If I can keep a nation under these constraints, I don't see any reason why anyone would fail to do so. There are people who have dealt with storms, homelessness, and military deployments and kept their nations running.

So no, I don't think there should be any exception for more experienced players. The way the system works now is fair. If you can't plan well enough to collect taxes every 25 days, your nation deletes.

He never claimed or tried to be relevant to anyone. He did his thing and he respected the right of others to do theirs.
[/quote]
Ive lost my nation twice due to being in countries where I couldn't access CN, just saying.

Sometimes you just forget to log in to your nation and it becomes very inactive, especially if you've been playing forever and are bored with this game. I came very close to being deleted recently by doing that.

Sucks to see Opethian gone though. Sharks are very awesome, as are tyrannosaurs in F-14s.

[quote name='Katsumi' timestamp='1320455110' post='2839096']
Sometimes you just forget to log in to your nation and it becomes very inactive, especially if you've been playing forever and are bored with this game. I came very close to being deleted recently by doing that.

Sucks to see Opethian gone though. Sharks are very awesome, as are tyrannosaurs in F-14s.
[/quote]

I've come close (21+ days) several times this year. Sometimes you just forget. But I don't think I should get special treatment because I've been here a long time. I should probably put tax collection days on my iCal. I already put tech deal days on it. :)

In the case of Opethian, I hope he just forgot or moved on and something more sinister or unpleasant didn't happen to him. I hate it when people disappear without a trace. Even if I didn't like their IC persona, I usually worry about whether they're okay.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1320377668' post='2838186']
Ive lost my nation twice due to being in countries where I couldn't access CN, just saying.
[/quote]

I was lucky that the other countries were the UK and France. ;) I have had alliance mates log in from deployments in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Kuwait, however, so it is possible for some to play through that.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1320260459' post='2837129']
Who cares.

His relevance was over-hyped, by himself and this community.
[/quote]

It's always a shame when a Nation disappears. Takes more out of the community.

[img]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/f/fd/PPFflag1.jpg[/img]

[rl]I have been very, VERY, very busy with work lately. I was surprised when I remembered to log on and found I was deleted. I shall miss my smoldering pile of wasted, virtual earth, but such is life.[/rl]

Fear not, noble citizens of Bob, for Opethian cannot be killed; only held up at the registrars office. Pittsburghistan has returned. the PPF has returned. But most importantly, Opethian has returned.

Like a phoenix I have risen from the smoldering ashes of my own apparent demise. I am also kind of like a phoenix at the end of a chapter 11 bankrupcy, as my financial slate has been wiped clean. Though I shall miss the prideful glow of an ever-increasing debt, it may be good to actually [i]play[/i] the game again as well.

Thank you to all my friends who mourned my apparent demise.

Edited by Opethian

[quote name='Opethian' timestamp='1320880437' post='2842388']
[rl]I have been very, VERY, very busy with work lately. I was surprised when I remembered to log on and found I was deleted. I shall miss my smoldering pile of wasted, virtual earth, but such is life.[/rl]

Fear not, noble citizens of Bob, for Opethian cannot be killed; only held up at the registrars office. Pittsburghistan has returned. the PPF has returned. But most importantly, Opethian has returned.

Like a phoenix I have risen from the smoldering ashes of my own apparent demise. I am also kind of like a phoenix at the end of a chapter 11 bankrupcy, as my financial slate has been wiped clean. Though I shall miss the prideful glow of an ever-increasing debt, it may be good to actually [i]play[/i] the game again as well.

Thank you to all my friends who mourned my apparent demise.
[/quote]
lol, welcome back.

[quote name='James Maximus' timestamp='1320275239' post='2837239']
And nothing of value was lost. I am in 100% agreement with Zoom's statement.
[/quote]
Im in completel agreeance with Zoomx3 and James. I dont know whats so special about the guy..every post i ever saw from him was moaning about being raided while on a unprotected AA..or declared war on some alliance with a 200 NS nation that was bill locked for 2 years