Saddest In-Game Message of All Time......

DocOctane

[i]"Opethian has been removed from the game because of 25 days inactivity. The trade offer agreement between you and Opethian has been automatically canceled."[/i]

Close to 1,700 days I traded with Opethian after joining the PPF..... November 2nd will be honored by my nation forever more.

~DocOctane

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a shame to see him gone, would be nice if nations who have been around for such a long amount of time are given more time before they auto-delete. Going on vacation, moving to a new location, medical problems and a lot of other stuff could keep someone away from a computer long enough to auto-delete even if they normally would of stuck around had they not lost there nation while away. If someone has been playing several years, they should be allowed several months of inactivity before getting removed with how little time a month consists of in comparison to years of being an active player.

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1320269174' post='2837197']
Opethian is relevant if we choose to make him relevant.
[/quote]
That's my point. It seems to me that it would be impossible for the community to overhype anyone's relevance when any given person's relevance is solely determined by the community.

[quote name='Baron Flynt' timestamp='1320276562' post='2837257']
A lot of people liked him, as shown in this thread. How does that make him "over-hyped"?

I'd hate to see what people say when you leave.
[/quote]

i dont think anybody would care if he did

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1320260459' post='2837129']
Who cares.

His relevance was over-hyped, by himself and this community.
[/quote]
I'm not sure if you're any more relevant than he was. As far as I know he founded and kept around the longest existing 1-2 man alliance to never disband, you just hold an elected position in a democratic alliance. Relevance depends on from who's perspective its being judged. Within your alliance and with your allies you might hold higher relevance, but for the CN community as a whole he was likely more relevant than you to most who have been here a long time.

Edited by Methrage