Saddest In-Game Message of All Time......

DocOctane

[quote name='Baron Flynt' timestamp='1320276562' post='2837257']
A lot of people liked him, as shown in this thread. How does that make him "over-hyped"?

I'd hate to see what people say when you leave.
[/quote]
Cause he never did anything of consequence except post pictures with sharks and gain cheers for never accepting foreign aid to leave bill lock. He also was one of those people who liked to !@#$%* about being raided, but never held a protectorate. It was always a huge !@#$%* fit of hypocrisy regarding him and his "alliance" when it was raided. Similar to the NAAC until it recently acquired a real protectorate.

Hopefully I never look back should I leave.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1320277437' post='2837263']
I'm not sure if you're any more relevant than he was. As far as I know he founded and kept around the longest existing 1-2 man alliance to never disband, you just hold an elected position in a democratic alliance. Relevance depends on from who's perspective its being judged. Within your alliance and with your allies you might hold higher relevance, but for the CN community as a whole he was likely more relevant than you to most who have been here a long time.
[/quote]
I will never claim to hold relevance. And if I do it'd be about my land and casualties (!@#$ that doesn't apply to the overall game at all).
A 1-2 man alliance is not an alliance.
I'm not elected.
He's not relevant because (see above post)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1320277911' post='2837265']
I will never claim to hold relevance. And if I do it'd be about my land and casualties (!@#$ that doesn't apply to the overall game at all).
I'm not elected.
He's not relevant because (see above post)
[/quote]
If there is relevance to be gained from holding some of the highest stats, then him keeping what many such as yourself don't consider an alliance as an in-game [b]Alliance[/b] Affiliation around longer than anyone would bring him some from that alone. Even alliances such as MK I think recognized him as an alliance, as well as others who normally don't consider a 1-2 man alliance to be an alliance. So with how long he kept his alliance around and how he effected how other people think in regards to what can be considered an alliance, he did have an impact.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1320278476' post='2837267']
If there is relevance to be gained from holding some of the highest stats, then him keeping what many such as yourself don't consider an alliance as an in-game [b]Alliance[/b] Affiliation around longer than anyone would bring him some from that alone. Even alliances such as MK I think recognized him as an alliance, as well as others who normally don't consider a 1-2 man alliance to be an alliance. So with how long he kept his alliance around and how he effected how other people think in regards to what can be considered an alliance, he did have an impact.
[/quote]

Perhaps I wasn't clear, but I was making a joke about claiming relevance from land and casualties. That's why I said it was !@#$ that doesn't matter.

MK will continue to claim his AA was something because they did defend it at one point. I'm not going to suddenly change my opinion because they're my allies.

Also hello Arcturus Jefferson. I still remember our fight back in the day.

Edited by Zoomzoomzoom

Cause he never did anything of consequence except post pictures with sharks and gain cheers for never accepting foreign aid to leave bill lock. He also was one of those people who liked to !@#$%* about being raided, but never held a protectorate. It was always a huge !@#$%* fit of hypocrisy regarding him and his "alliance" when it was raided. Similar to the NAAC until it recently acquired a real protectorate.[/quote]

He gave the Kingdom a reason to ruin WAPA's day. Twice.

Truly a hero, he was.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1320279100' post='2837276']
He gave the Kingdom a reason to ruin WAPA's day. Twice.

Truly a hero, he was.
[/quote]

I'm sure it was an excellent tech raid. WAPA is and always has been !@#$, but that's like saying the NG-UPN war was ground breaking. ;)

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1320279054' post='2837273']
Perhaps I wasn't clear, but I was making a joke about claiming relevance from land and casualties. That's why I said it was !@#$ that doesn't matter.

MK will continue to claim his AA was something because they did defend it at one point. I'm not going to suddenly change my opinion because they're my allies.

[/quote]
I regret that I am unable to provide a rematch at the moment. :v:

Perhaps I need a tech fund-raiser?

Cause he never did anything of consequence except post pictures with sharks and gain cheers for never accepting foreign aid to leave bill lock. He also was one of those people who liked to !@#$%* about being raided, but never held a protectorate. It was always a huge !@#$%* fit of hypocrisy regarding him and his "alliance" when it was raided. Similar to the NAAC until it recently acquired a real protectorate.[/quote]

He was always the exception. The old man walking along down the road with a simple cloak and a walking stick in a D&D scenario. You didn't mess with him, hell followed for anyone who did.

That perhaps is the biggest problem. Last time he was messed with that I recall, there seemed to be a faction who held opinions similar to you. I sensed that perhaps his time had passed, because the usual suspects didn't come out and strongly support him as they usually did.

[quote]I will never claim to hold relevance. And if I do it'd be about my land and casualties (!@#$ that doesn't apply to the overall game at all).
I'm not elected.
He's not relevant because (see above post)[/quote]

This thread isn't about you, it's about a legendary character who has left us. Like most all legendary characters, the legend is bigger than the man, but that doesn't make him any less beloved.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1320260459' post='2837129']
Who cares.

His relevance was over-hyped, by himself and this community.
[/quote]
Didn't your mother ever teach you, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?"

I didn't much care for him either, but this is an OOC thread about the departure of a true CN veteran. He had many friends in this game, and it's certainly not your place to decide whether or not he was "relevant." His relevance wasn't even a part of the discussion until you came along.

Go back to your cave.

I didn't even know Opethian was still around, but this is sad indeed.

Goodbye, shark man :(. I will honour you via my sig.

I echo what HoT said.

The PPF flag should be added in game in his honor.

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1320277911' post='2837265']He also was one of those people who liked to !@#$%* about being raided, but never held a protectorate.
[/quote]
He didn't complain about being raided. He fought back.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1320280402' post='2837295']I sensed that perhaps his time had passed, because the usual suspects didn't come out and strongly support him as they usually did.
[/quote]
If my memory is correct, we were still fighting TPF.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1320260459' post='2837129']
Who cares.

His relevance was over-hyped, by himself and this community.
[/quote]

What does his relevance have to do with anything and who the hell are you to decide what is relevant?

I enjoyed reading his posts, he will be missed.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1320291815' post='2837410']
I will miss him. Not many had the balls to march to their own drummer in this world.
[/quote]
From what I have read he reminds me of another character who went to war with people just because he was receiving recruiting pms. It seems the game needs more of that type of player.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1320279054' post='2837273']

[/quote]
Not everyone has what it takes to sit on their own AA with no protectorate and fight back against raiders who mess with them without needing treaties to protect them. He was one of the few who had no need for a protectorate and did things his own way, which is something I respect. If you disliked his way of doing things, that's your opinion. Although regardless of what you think of him, he's still more relevant than 97% of the CN population who just become another number in a mass member alliance for protection and never have any real influence in what their alliance does or doesn't do. Although how relevant you thought he was doesn't really matter, I don't see the point at trying to fling mud at someone's reputation who's not around in-game any longer. I'm not even sure what you're saying he didn't have any relevance in relation to, seems you just didn't like the guy.

Edited by Methrage

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Shark_War_II

It was my first alliance war, and one of my favorites. I think I was about 20,000 NS then. Camelot was maybe 200,000. I bought up to 305 tech so I could buy level 7 planes; my target had level 9s. Fortunately my warchest of 20 million far outclassed his, and I quickly defeated him on the ground and finally in the air as I was able to steal/import enough tech to buy level 8 planes after a few days. I talked to that guy throughout the war and then later on the WAPA forums. They don't make alliances like WAPA anymore, and that saddens me.

RIP Opethian.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1320294472' post='2837466']
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Shark_War_II

It was my first alliance war, and one of my favorites. I think I was about 20,000 NS then. Camelot was maybe 200,000. I bought up to 305 tech so I could buy level 7 planes; my target had level 9s. Fortunately my warchest of 20 million far outclassed his, and I quickly defeated him on the ground and finally in the air as I was able to steal/import enough tech to buy level 8 planes after a few days. I talked to that guy throughout the war and then later on the WAPA forums. They don't make alliances like WAPA anymore, and that saddens me.

RIP Opethian.
[/quote]

Very memorable for me ;)

Edit: Wait xfd:

[quote]During the war, many internal and external actions tuck place by members of WAPA, STA, MK's government members. Mushroom kingdoms Minister of Defence, went rogue and fired a nuke at a member of WAPA and was then brought before MK’s court and sentenced to ZI.. [/quote]

Edited by Leet Guy