The Hard Poll of Destiny

Kzoppistan

Banish me to this locale:  

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Voted none of them because you didn't give at least 24 hours for either step (which is just plain blasphemy).

You asked what alliance you should "take over": I must say that going to any of these alliances will not lead to anything but stagnation, struggle, or strife. I was going to suggest you join The Resistance, as you actually WOULD take over (guaranteed a gov spot by me) (that's how I became gov...I and a few others invaded the AA :P )

In related news, if Leagion wins, the poll is null, right? Since its misspelled...

[size="5"][font="Impact"][center]The People Have Spoken[/center][/font][/size]

The votes are in.

The Legion wins in a close race against the pony alliance (oh, thank Admin).

107 people voted (wow).

Ma, Pa, say good-bye to little brother for me. My bags are packed and I'm off to join the Legion. Wish me luck and send cookies.

I've changed my ways and am ready to give it an honest go. Let's hope hilarity ensues.

Thanks for playing, Planet Bob.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1316907329' post='2807759']
Oh, nippy, don't be like that, my friend. This is about more than individual desires here, otherwise I would have just quietly accepted any one of the fine offers presented to me in the last few weeks, this is about the greater good of entertaining the people.
[/quote]

To be honest, I think your recent rogue session left a sour enough taste on people's lips that a majority of them were voting for the worst possible outcome for you (in their opinion). I feel that the majority has spoken, and the worst possible outcome is having to join The Legion. As influential and intelligent as you may be, you yourself must know what kind of lost cause you're going to be dealing with here. One man cannot turn a perpetually horrible alliance around in quality, nor in the public eye.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1316936551' post='2808053']
To be honest, I think your recent rogue session left a sour enough taste on people's lips that a majority of them were voting for the worst possible outcome for you (in their opinion). I feel that the majority has spoken, and the worst possible outcome is having to join The Legion. As influential and intelligent as you may be, you yourself must know what kind of lost cause you're going to be dealing with here. One man cannot turn a perpetually horrible alliance around in quality, nor in the public eye.
[/quote]
I don't think his recent rogue session has anything to do with people voting for UE or WAEgion. If I was to leave TOP and make the same poll, I'm sure the results would be very similar. People voted in jest, for amusement. Because if he is going to randomly join an alliance, it might as well be worth a few laughs for everyone.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1316936551' post='2808053']
[/quote]

There are undoubtedly a number of people in TOP and abroad that would like nothing more than nail me to a board for a rousing game of darts, and picked those poll options to make me suffer. But I think Yevgeni is more correct in stating that simply the peanut gallery has a particularity vicious sense of humor.

Whatever Shakespearean play the person thinks he's putting on, if the peanut gallery has any hand in the production, it's only a moment's flash before it turns into nothing short of a Punch and Judy show. Better to start right in the beginning without such pretensions.

As for your second statement, I'm afraid I couldn't disagree more. One man [i]can[/i] make a difference. A profound one. And that's what I always tell people who post those terrible "good-by Bob, stagnation, ect., ect." threads urging them not to leave because even one determined individual can make a deep impact. I perhaps would not have believed that if I hadn't witnessed it firsthand. If I hadn't lived it.

When I ascended to the leadership position at Zenith, in a few short months we were more motivated and coordinated than ever before. Our military was finally taking shape and people were becoming active again. No longer were we mired in self doubt and contemplating disbandment. We went toe-to-toe against both Fark and Gre and the membership was loving every minute of it. I didn't, and couldn't, do it alone. There were many fine members who were making it happen.

As I'm not in possession of any special insight nor gifted with any great talent of any degree, I know that from those results that [i]anyone[/i] can do it. The only thing I had was a unrelenting drive and determination to succeed, and a deep love in my heart for the alliance and her people. And that was enough.

As for "turning Legion around" as you said, I don't know. I don't know how much of their problems are systematic of their structure or just cosmetic. I've heard it said that they chased out Lord Fingolfin, who is about one of the smartest people I know, and if he couldn't do it, I don't know how much hope there is for me. But... well, you never know until you try. There is a lot of potential in those ranks and many have spoken well of some of the members.

And if I fail miserably, well, everyone can have a good laugh at my expense. Fair enough.

But if I succeed...? Now wouldn't that be an inspiring story to tell- And for all who have hopes for their own destinies to hear?

Edited by Kzoppistan

I once watched KingZog's avatar polish a ball of lion !@#$, so I guess anything's possible. I guess I was mistaken when I thought you were getting close to the 'chillin' sequence of nation management. Instead, you seem to have taken on a monumental task that might just burn you out to the point of disgust.

So far so good. They have a nice forum and were really welcoming. Some were less than pleased about my selection process and were pretty blunt in saying so, but for the most part everyone has been very encouraging.

I am, of course, in a sort of probationary period. I have applied at a few positions and am hoping for some work soon.

So, I suppose that's it. It was fun being an OWF terror for a while, but now it's time to roll up the sleeves.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1317011741' post='2808766']
Voted legion but seams your already there... now get to work taking the place over! :awesome:
[/quote]

*insert big cheesy grin here*

Thanks, Wally. Congrats on your NPL, btw. That was a fine piece of work. (I shouldda done something like that instead of going rogue! XD)

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317011950' post='2808769']
*insert big cheesy grin here*

Thanks, Wally. Congrats on your NPL, btw. That was a fine piece of work. (I shouldda done something like that instead of going rogue! XD)
[/quote]

Thanks man... it sure does help to kill some time! And seriously building up a micro from scratch is something I would recomend all highly active players try at some stage. It wont always work out but its a whole different CN experiance thats worth a go regardless of the trolls you will take in your DoE and such.

For now though you have a bigger mission at hand... you should start by re-theaming everything over at Legion HQ around the Fallout Legion... slave labor, public crusifixions of NCR scum, assults on Hoover Dam etc you cant go wrong there!

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1317016762' post='2808811']
Voted Legion. I think you can fix it. :D
[/quote]

He he, they're not letting me near any important buttons yet. :v:

But on a positive note, I'm finally on purple with you guys. If you look way back in your archives, you might find a post or two there from me. Oh, the good ol days.

I will endeavor to carry my good opinion of you guys (and gals) into the ranks of the Legion with me.

Edited by Kzoppistan