Veritas Aequitas Announcement

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VA i've had a historied past with you guys. I fought with you guys in the beggining of Karma and was even in your gov for a bit. I know many of you're members personally and it saddens me to see you guys disband.

Here are some of my fonder people from VA past and present.

JWconner
Midna
Psweet
Jenko
Brinoceros
Reaper
Erixxx
Crinkly
and Mankiller!

o/ VA
o/ DB4D

Praise the Lord, VA can finally be put to rest. This alliance has long since been dead and has been just dragged through the mud for the longest time. This at one point used to be a relatively grand alliance, particularly relating back to the days around SSSW18 and DefCon. VA was at the very least a force to be recognized. It began to dwindle and die then. How long ago was that? A long effing time ago. It has since continued to dwindle and good quality gov just couldn't be found. The alliance made do with what it had and it continued to dwindle. Finally the fallout began and that was when the alliance should have been dismantled. It wasn't... I even stuck around hoping it could be saved and brought back. I knew it was a dim shot in hell but after all my time invested it was worth it to me. In the end I through in the towel as well. I had no choice. VA was dead to me as well as to anyone that actually knew what VA truly really was at its prime.

Interestingly enough, upon my resignation I made a prediction. I don't recall exactly what all was in it, but I do know that I stated outright that TPF would cancel it's treaty with VA (happened not all that long ago) and VA would merge with DB4D. Am I good? No... I'm just not blind. The individuals leading VA were too concerned what DB4D gov had to say rather than digging deep to find their own balls to make their own decisions on what they should do when it comes to honoring treaties and such and in turn allowed DB4D to dictate how the VA gov should run the alliance.

Have you ever let a smaller, less significant dictate how to run your alliance? Well this is the way the VA gov wanted to do it. If you didn't before, do you now understand why they merged?

Honestly I am shocked that NEW agreed to a treaty with them. VA only had one alliance left to turn to and that was DB4D. They must have been desperate since it appears that they are letting mankiller run the show over there. That might be the worst decision yet...and reading through this post alone I have made reference to just a few.

To sum all this up:

- VA has been dead for a long time, glad to finally see it's name no longer disgraced.
- NEW, not to tell you how to run your show since I do respect your alliance and your members, but I would reconsider the treaty.
- To the new "DB4D" I guess we'll be seeing a merger or dismemberment announcement from you in the not so distant future.

o/ those who remember the true VA

[quote name='mrott' timestamp='1313024426' post='2777077']
Praise the Lord, VA can finally be put to rest. This alliance has long since been dead and has been just dragged through the mud for the longest time. This at one point used to be a relatively grand alliance, particularly relating back to the days around SSSW18 and DefCon. VA was at the very least a force to be recognized. It began to dwindle and die then. How long ago was that? A long effing time ago. It has since continued to dwindle and good quality gov just couldn't be found. The alliance made do with what it had and it continued to dwindle. Finally the fallout began and that was when the alliance should have been dismantled. It wasn't... I even stuck around hoping it could be saved and brought back. I knew it was a dim shot in hell but after all my time invested it was worth it to me. In the end I through in the towel as well. I had no choice. VA was dead to me as well as to anyone that actually knew what VA truly really was at its prime.

Interestingly enough, upon my resignation I made a prediction. I don't recall exactly what all was in it, but I do know that I stated outright that TPF would cancel it's treaty with VA (happened not all that long ago) and VA would merge with DB4D. Am I good? No... I'm just not blind. The individuals leading VA were too concerned what DB4D gov had to say rather than digging deep to find their own balls to make their own decisions on what they should do when it comes to honoring treaties and such and in turn allowed DB4D to dictate how the VA gov should run the alliance.

Have you ever let a smaller, less significant dictate how to run your alliance? Well this is the way the VA gov wanted to do it. If you didn't before, do you now understand why they merged?

Honestly I am shocked that NEW agreed to a treaty with them. VA only had one alliance left to turn to and that was DB4D. They must have been desperate since it appears that they are letting mankiller run the show over there. That might be the worst decision yet...and reading through this post alone I have made reference to just a few.

To sum all this up:

- VA has been dead for a long time, glad to finally see it's name no longer disgraced.
- NEW, not to tell you how to run your show since I do respect your alliance and your members, but I would reconsider the treaty.
- To the new "DB4D" I guess we'll be seeing a merger or dismemberment announcement from you in the not so distant future.

[/quote]

Hello MRott, I see you had to show up and take another final stab at VA before it completely ceases from existing as an Alliance Affiliation. Classy move. Unfortunately it doesn't come as a surprise.

It's funny how you accuse DB4D of dictating anything. Maybe I'm just crazy, but when an "ally" treaty-lawyers their way out of defending you in one conflict, and then expects you to jump with no hesitation when the situation is reversed in another conflict just to protect an ally of theirs that has no connection to you, it sometimes helps to hear the opinion of the friends who stand beside you, [b]unconditionally.[/b] I think principals called the shot there, not DB4D.

I don't intend to let this final VA thread turn into a flame war. I said my piece on this subject.

Of course I needed to throw a farewell and so long to the alliance I put so much effort into creating and maintaining. If anyone feels as so compelled as I to be provided the opportunity to drive the final nail into the coffin then let them speak.

So what you are saying is that it was right for VA to not honor treaties because DB4D didn't want them to. Got it... All is understood now, and I believe my point has been enforced. I guess you're just crazy...

[quote name='mrott' timestamp='1313029281' post='2777140']
So what you are saying is that it was right for VA to not honor treaties because DB4D didn't want them to. Got it... All is understood now, and I believe my point has been enforced. I guess you're just crazy...
[/quote]

No, I'm saying it was acceptable for VA to choose to opt out of defending an "ally" who themselves opted out of defending them previously. Especially when said "ally", in both situations was acting only in the interest of a party unrelated to VA. Not everybody appreciates being used. Having a strong opinion, and "dictating" are two different things.

Thank God this is finally over. You can no longer soil the name of the alliance I spent so long building. Erixx and mankiller, you two were the downfall of VA. You two are the sole reason that nothing grew. Under myself and Mrott, VA grew rapidly. VA had a place amongst CN. Under you two, only incompetence. Having someone so concerned with his own nation as the head of FA and a leader who has less fortitude than a grapefruit was no way to run an alliance.

It's no surprise that you've ran and hid in DB4D. None at all. Once I left, and the other original members left with me, it was inevitable that you'd run to DB4D for solace, as you have no true leadership qualities yourselves. Not to say DB4D does either, mind you, but they are able to get you to do as they please.

Overall, I'll echo what Mrott has said, and that I'm ecstatic that you can no longer drag my alliance down any further. VA died the day we settled for Erixxx as a leader.

Good luck to my few remaining friends in VA. I hope you do decide to look for new homes and not follow them into DB4D. You can definitely do better.

[quote name='mrott' timestamp='1313024426' post='2777077']

To sum all this up:

[/quote]

If they are as incompetence as you accused they are, then more the reason for us to offer our help and assistance.
Should they ask, we will consider to offer more than just protection.

I have no interest in the internal drama you have with the last leaders of VA.
Too bad that despite you had tried hard to fix it from the inside, it failed to work.

Also, Brother Kane won.

Also,

[Quote]This at one point used to be a relatively grand alliance, particularly relating back to the days around SSSW18 and DefCon. VA was at the very least a force to be recognized.[/quote]

Ummm... what? In all my interaction with people, I've found only a few alliances considered bigger jokes when it comes to military capability (though that will soon change when people learn how pathetic SF really is.) You're right up there with the Legions and NpOs. I went rogue on you and it ended with 2 of your members being ZI-listed and your alliance nearly being rolled by both CSN and VE. Get out...

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1313076260' post='2777548']
Ummm... what? In all my interaction with people, [b]I've found only a few alliances considered bigger jokes when it comes to military capability[/b] (though that will soon change when people learn how pathetic SF really is.) You're right up there with the Legions and NpOs. I went rogue on you and it ended with 2 of your members being ZI-listed and your alliance nearly being rolled by both CSN and VE. Get out...
[/quote]

It seems as if you've joined each and every one of them.