Question and Answers

Joseph Black

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1312786363' post='2774714']
Has Sparta ever lost a war?
[/quote]
Nope. Us and MHA are the only sanctioned alliances with a perfect record...I think. Did FOK technically lose in UJW? And are we counting VE 1.0's loss to GGA?

Edited by Hyperion321

So not the way most QnA's work, but I've always wondered a few things and this is your chance to answer them.

Is Doom-House a bloc or a MDoAP?
[color="#FF0000"]Any MDP/MDoAP/MADP treaty that has 3 or more nations is a bloc. [/color]

Why are NPO or MK given so much reverence in terms of their ability to fight?
[color="#FF0000"]Some ability & the cult of celebrity[/color]

Why is it considered unacceptable to disband alliances? Impose huge reps? Declare war on the basis of "I don't like you"
[color="#FF0000"]Why should these damaging ideas be considered acceptable?[/color]

[color="#FF0000"]Sparta has always picked the winning side[/color]

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1312939446' post='2776288']
Nope. Us and MHA are the only sanctioned alliances with a perfect record...I think. Did FOK technically lose in UJW? And are we counting VE 1.0's loss to GGA?
[/quote]

We are still 0 for 0. iFOK had a perfect record too. Don't know about PC.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1312939446' post='2776288']
[/quote]

Considering your history of combat, I don't think it has anything to do with your warring ability...More just moving in a direction that you know will win, or sitting out.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1312934078' post='2776217']
Whoops - fixed in original post. Thanks Chiefy!
[/quote]

[quote]LeonidasRexII, on 09 August 2011 - 04:53 AM, said:
1. Doomhouse is a bloc for the simple reason that more than one alliance is a bloc[/quote]

more than 2. A single alliance cant have a treaty to herself.

Edited by King Louis the II

[quote name='white majik' timestamp='1312789973' post='2774746']
and I would say the line is thin because outside of OBR no one actually RPs as a nation ruler.
[/quote]

[[i][font="Century Gothic"]AHEM[/font][/i]]

As the head of Himynamistan's government, I concur. I never RP as a nation ruler, since I *am* a nation ruler. Those in OBR aren't role-playing, either. I can assure you that they are the heads of some of the most esteemed nations on Planet Raj.

What is the purpose of a bloc?

What significance do the connections an alliance makes in terms of treaties play on its actual ability to fight a war?

Did the NPO actually pose a threat to anyone before the last war?

What is the single most important aspect of preparing an alliance for war?

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1313044033' post='2777373']
What is the purpose of a bloc? [/quote]
To create a political entity whose power is greater than the sum of its parts.

[quote]What significance do the connections an alliance makes in terms of treaties play on its actual ability to fight a war?[/quote]
It defines who you can hit, who you can call in to assist you, who you can assist, or if your allies are on the other side, you can pressure your coalition partners to grant them a favorable peace or vice versa if you're losing.

[quote]Did the NPO actually pose a threat to anyone before the last war?[/quote]
Yeah they commanded a significant chunk of NS that could have been a game changer in any conflict.

[quote]What is the single most important aspect of preparing an alliance for war?
[/quote]
Making sure your people are prepared to outlast your opponent. Wars go until one alliance either doesn't or can't go on. If you can fight a war for longer periods of time than the other guy, then he will have more pressure to reach an agreement and then you are in the superior position to get what you want from the negotiations.

[/quote]

This is arguable. When you're on the losing side by several million NS, it can also be advisable to insure funds for post war rebuilding, as NpO did in WoTC and what NPO attempted to do last war.

In addition, if you're planning on not surrendering/giving up, another "most important aspect" is making sure your opponent takes as much damage as you can possibly give, such as turtling with six opponents, etc. an example would be the first FAN conflict and the MK against the NPO in the WoTC (Correct me if i am wrong, but i don't believe MK thought/planned they would survive the conflict.)

What CSM said is also accurate and probably the most common reason anyone else would choose.

[/quote]

Technology is tied with money. But nations that have a lot of one tend to have a lot of the other as they've likely never faced significant war losses.

If you are severely out-teched you are doomed in war. No level of activity will help you. For instance 1 nation with 11 thousand tech and a WRC can in a single attack dish out the close to the same amount of standard battle damage it takes two nations with 5500 tech to dish out. Throw in that they only take one less powerful nuke from a 5500 tech guy and can throw back 3 monster nukes and you see why it's almost impossible to overcome certain alliances in war.

I can see why XX is under the gun. Their top tier is the only one left that can take on the UMB/MK top tier from a sheer technology perspective.

Edited by Vol Navy

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1313052225' post='2777441']

I can see why XX is under the gun. Their top tier is the only one left that can take on the UMB/MK top tier from a sheer technology perspective.
[/quote]

HAH this made me laugh considering no one is gunning for XX and the fact that Umbrella is directly tied to 2 members of XX and one chain away from another FOK-RnR

Edited by white majik

[quote name='white majik' timestamp='1313112486' post='2778131']
HAH this made me laugh considering no one is gunning for XX and the fact that Umbrella is directly tied to 2 members of XX and one chain away from another FOK-RnR
[/quote]

Good Lord...yes....no one is gunning for XX at all. Fark isn't being lined up for a beating with the treaty drops and Ardus and no doubt others aren't trying to isolate them to clear the way.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1313131754' post='2778469']
Good Lord...yes....no one is gunning for XX at all. Fark isn't being lined up for a beating with the treaty drops and Ardus and no doubt others aren't trying to isolate them to clear the way.
[/quote]

I would say the isolation is happening to SF and by extension Fark (because they are still defacto SF) and RnR. So it may seem that people are "gunning" for XX but in reality its SF. Who is actively out to get sparta or MHA or RnR? NoR and NV might have a problem with Sparta due to not fighting for their side this last war then hitting NV. But Sparta holds a treaty with Asgaard which im assuming will keep NoR off them (as well as being in Noir), and NV seems to be an inactive shell. RnR is perceived to be the voice of reason within SF and has little to no enemies. And out side of flipping sides and having ghosts what has MHA ever done to anybody in the last 3 years?

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1312789305' post='2774733']
Why is MK considered the top alliance (maybe I just read to much into it)?[/quote]

Others have covered this question pretty well, but as to perceived influence of MK, in light of their recent alliance I couldn't help but to add my 2infra's:

[quote]The receptivity of the great masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, but their power of forgetting is enormous. In consequence of these facts, all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in sloans until the last member of the public understands what you want him to understand by your slogan. As soon as you sacrifice this slogan and try to be many-sided, the effect will piddle away, for the crowd can neither digest nor retain the material offered. In this way the result is weakened and in the end entirely cancelled out.[/quote]
/[IC]: unknown writer [OOC]:Far too well known Crazie.

Consider how many posts MK (actually this can be said about many alliances thought to be of great influence) members make on OWF, and how many varying points they touch in each. Now compare them with posts made by members of MHA, the astonishingly underestimated alliance (hi RV!). See any connection with aforementioned observations on propaganda?

But note that what OWF lurkers think is of little weight when most actual politics is made via different channels (ie - compare simplistic MK posts with their recent embassy leak).

[quote name='white majik' timestamp='1312842211' post='2775246']
Fan jumps to mind. But in reality up to the week of the break out of Karma, the sides were undecided and the numbers seemed to be in NPOs favor. If everyone didnt cancel on NPO and or NPO didnt attack mid negotiation it could have went a whole lot differently
[/quote]

I believe when Bi-Polar first began a lot of people thought \m/ and its allies would just roll over and not risk a big war over it. I'm not sure if \m/'s allies technically won that one though or if they were technically underdogs either.

Also when TOP looked like they were going to come in on the TPF war things changed pretty quickly. TPF were definitely underdogs in the beginning, and that changed quite a bit. Still no one really won that war or I guess if you had to pick any winner at all it'd be the other side. Usually, when it looks like underdogs are going to pull out a victory or it's going to be too close to call the war is just peaced out.

[quote name='white majik' timestamp='1313183104' post='2778813']
I would say the isolation is happening to SF and by extension Fark (because they are still defacto SF) and RnR. So it may seem that people are "gunning" for XX but in reality its SF. Who is actively out to get sparta or MHA or RnR? NoR and NV might have a problem with Sparta due to not fighting for their side this last war then hitting NV. But Sparta holds a treaty with Asgaard which im assuming will keep NoR off them (as well as being in Noir), and NV seems to be an inactive shell. RnR is perceived to be the voice of reason within SF and has little to no enemies. And out side of flipping sides and having ghosts what has MHA ever done to anybody in the last 3 years?
[/quote]

So people aren't really gunning for XX, just maybe 50% or possibly 75% of the bloc?

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1313350123' post='2780719']
So people aren't really gunning for XX, just maybe 50% or possibly 75% of the bloc?
[/quote]

How do you get 50% or 75% out of that? It would be 25% aka FARK which was brought upon themselves when they went after NoR and NoRs allies

Why is it considered unacceptable to disband alliances? Impose huge reps? Declare war on the basis of "I don't like you"

Why was there so much animosity toward UPN in the last war?
[/quote]
NPO are not revered fighters. They actually sucked pretty bad when I fought them and last war they fled to PM.

No idea why. Huge reps makes war's happen less and that makes everyone pissed (less GPA, TDO). All wars are declared for that reason. It's just not stated so you can get support for fringe allies of allies.

UPN tried to get a coalition together that was pretty laughable. Now they have better leadership and I have no issues with them.

So not the way most QnA's work, but I've always wondered a few things and this is your chance to answer them.

Is Doom-House a bloc or a MDoAP?

Why was there so much animosity toward UPN in the last war?
[/quote]
Yes.
They are both okay, but not elite.
Idk. I don't mind some disbandments if it's pony/anime themed.
No. They have been weasels.
Because they sucked before Bipolar, but have proven themselves by fighting the whole VE-Polar War.