The Principality of Zeon Endures

[center][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DeathSycrause/Zeon/ZeonFlag.png?t=1311401705[/img][/center]

[center][b]Introduction[/b][/center]

Good evening. We are glad you could join us for our special announcement. There's time set off for questions later and there are refreshments available at the bar.

Now with that out of the way it is my honor to announce that the Principality of Zeon is alive and strong as ever. With eight member states and a combined strength of nearly 200,000 the future certainly looks promising. It is my humble opinion that with our drive and ambitions there is no limit to what we can accomplish. Sieg Zeon!

Now I know it's customary with long-winded speeches at these kind of events, but quite frankly they bore just about everyone to death so how about we just skip that and go straight to the updated charter, the current government, and other information we feel like sharing at this time.

[center][b]Updated Charter[/b][/center]

It came to our attention that when we initially wrote the charter, it was thrown together to get it done and without the effort or attention it deserved for the Principality of Zeon. It was also written with the intentions that the alliances was available to other people within Planet Bob, but was never intended to host more than two people in it. We have far surpassed the expectations of ourselves when we formed the alliance so we set about writing up a new charter that was more fitting to our Grand Duchy. Here I present it to you now.

[quote]
[b]Section 1[/b] Colonial Rights

The rights of the membership of the Principality of Zeon (herein referred to as “colonies”), are as enumerated below:
• Protection. Colonies shall enjoy the protection of the Principality of Zeon when engaged by unprovoked and aggressive foreign nations.
• Freedom of Speech. The Colonies enjoy the right to speak freely within the private sanctums of the Principality's Private IRC Channel, and the Colony-only section of the Forums. However, in the foreign fields, including external forums, the Open World Forum, and other IRC Channels, colonies are required to either reinforce the official stated opinion of the Principality, or to remain silent. Depending on the situation, the Heads of State may deem a matter safe, and opinions can be shared freely across the spectrum.
• The Colonies of Zeon enjoy the right to raid external nations, provided they abide by the Official Rules of Engagement, specifically the Tech Raiding Section.

[b]Section 2[/b] Demotions and Annulment
The Principality of Zeon operates on a system of meritocracy. Therefore, as we recognize the right of Promotions, so it is that we recognize the necessity of Demotion. Colonies or Government Staff who do not adhere to the accepted standards of conduct, listed below, are free to be challenged for their positions.
• Colonies found to be directly, or indirectly, disobeying official government orders, or who goes against rules set in this doctrine, and guidelines ratified by the Heads of State, will have actions taken against them. These actions will be decided upon by the Heads of State.
• Colonies which leave the Principality of Zeon shall have all former rights annulled upon resignation or a change in the nation's Alliance Affiliation occurs.
• Colonies who utilize their status to spy on a fellow Colony, or the Principality as a whole, in any way shape or form, shall have its rights annulled immediately. Punishments for these actions are decided upon by the Heads of State.
• Colonies with ranks lower than “Minister” may be demoted, or have its rights annulled by a majority vote amongst the Ministers and/or the Heads of State.
• Any Minister may be demoted by a majority vote of the General Membership, if two of the three Heads of State sponsor the vote.
• Ministers and Colonies alike may be directly demoted or expelled from Zeon by the Heads of State, without a vote being needed. This will only take place if the subject in question has partaken in grievous crimes against the Alliance. In most cases, following the actions by the Heads of State, the subject will be given the opportunity to plead his case, and establish why no further punitive action should be taken, or why the original actions should be appealed.

[b]Section 3[/b] Government
The Emperor
The Emperor is one of the three State Heads, and is the key figurehead of the Alliance. The Emperor shares absolute power with the Sovereign. However, this power is to be used sparingly, and Alliance matters generally go through the Sovereign. The Emperor is responsible for assisting in the general day-to-day operations of the Alliance. While the Emperor only utilizes his powers in states of emergency, he is free to take rolls in any of the happenings within the Alliance, including acting as a Minister in times where one is not active or present. The Emperor concentrates primarily on internal operations. The Emperor is the head of the Royalty.

The Sovereign
The Sovereign is one of the three State Heads, and is responsible for most of the direct Alliance matters. The Sovereign shares absolute power with the Emperor. The Sovereign serves as the Principality's primary internal leadership, often being the most interactive with Ministers and Colony members. In matters of Foreign Affairs, the Sovereign, in most cases, is far more active than the Emperor himself.

The Regent
The Regent is one of the three State Heads, overseeing primarily internal actions within the Principality. While the role is less active than both the Sovereign and the Emperor, it remains important. The Regent represents the Official Opinion of the Principality of Zeon if no other State Heads are present. He is also a member of the Royalty. If the Emperor resigns, or if the role is unfilled for any other reason, the Regent is the immediate heir to the Throne.

Ministers
The Ministers are the ruling government of the Principality, and therefore govern all overall actions of Militant, Fiscal, and Foreign Affairs. The Ministers serve as leaders and mentors to the Colonies, and it is their duty to make sure that all Colonies’ needs are catered to, provided they are reasonable. The Ministers serve as a buffer between the Colonies and the Heads of State.

[b]Section 4[/b] War
The Principality of Zeon is only deemed officially in a state of war with another alliance if an announcement is made by the Emperor or the Sovereign.
Concerning the use of the Zeon Nuclear Arsenal, the Principality believes in a first strike policy. There is no need for permission to use nuclear weapons in an offensive or defensive war.
Tech Raiding, as well as the standard Rules of Engagement, are defined within the official Rules of Engagement Doctrine.
Any Colony that deserts the Principality in a time of war, either by leaving the Alliance, or surrendering to the opposition (premature to the resolution of a conflict, and without permission by the Heads of State), is subject to a trial. If the subject refuses trial, swift and immediate punishments are decided upon by the State Heads.

[b]Section 5[/b] Colonial Ranks
• Any member which joins the Alliance receives a starting rank of “Colony.” Colony is the lowest Alliance rank, and comes with the basic rights. Colonies may advance with appropriate show of Merit.
• When standard Colonies begin to show dedication to the Principality, such that is not required in the lowest of forms, they become an Advanced Colony. These Colonies enjoy the right to rise into Ministerial position, or become direct assistants to a Minister.
• Colonies that show a formidable amount of Merit are given the title of Noble. Nobles are part of the Royalty, and as such are first in line to any unfilled Ministerial position, or the Regent position if unfilled. The Royal Line of Heritage is defined by the date on which a Colony is given the status of Noble.

[b]Section 6[/b] Advancements and Protection
• If a Colony feels that they have been unfairly demoted or expelled, they are free to request a trial by the State Heads. During this trial, the subject has the right to justify themselves and plead their case. If it is found that the subject is innocent, punishment will be reversed.
• Any Noble or Advanced Colony may advance to the position of Minister by challenging said Minister for his position. The Heads of State create an assignment for the two, and oversee the Challenge. It is important for the State Heads to remain unbiased within this Challenge.
• To issue a Challenge, a Noble or Advanced Colony must have a minimum of three months Active Membership, the Skill of Literacy, and have received no warnings or punishments from the government for a duration of three months.
• Military positions are available to any Advanced Colony, or Noble, that has one month of active membership, literacy, and is in good favor with the State Heads.
• Military Advancements are available to any Colonial member that already maintains a Militant position for a period of one month of active duty, literacy, and can only issue a challenge to move up one position at a time.
• Challenges for Ministerial or Militant positions can have the requirements waived by the Heads of State or a majority vote by the Ministers.

[b]Section 7[/b] Amendments and Official Doctrine
• The Charter may only be amended through a majority vote of the ministers who then have to receive permission from the State Heads. State Heads have the ability to amend the Charter at any time and in any way, without the permission of the Ministers, in cases of Emergency.
• Any document which is signed by the three State Heads is immediately declared Official Principality of Zeon Doctrine, and breaking rules established therein carry the same punishments which are given if the Charter itself is broken.

[b][i]Signatures[/b][/i]
John Galt, Emperor
BloodFury, Sovereign
Jensofthedesert, Regent
[/quote]

[center][b]Current Government[/b][/center]

It is with great pleasure that I get to announce our current Government Line Up. There have been some recent shuffling within the alliance and a few appointments that were taken up only after being pressured into these positions by the Heads of State.

[b]Heads of State[/b]
Emperor - John Galt
Sovereign - BloodFury
Regent- Jensofthedesert

[b]Ministers[/b]
Minister of Internal Affairs - crawfs
Minister of Education - Evangeline
Minister of Foreign Affairs - N/A
Minister of War - N/A
Minister of Propaganda - N/A

It is far from a full Government List, but these are some dedicated individuals and perform in their positions fantastically as well as fill in support roles for the other Government Positions.

[center][b]Contacting the Principality of Zeon[/b][/center]

We have done some moving around since our last Announcement which had been our first Announcement to the world. So now I will present to you the locations of where we may be contacted.

IRC: #Zeon
Forums: http://zeon.openalias.org/index.php

[center][b]Update on Foreign Affairs[/b][/center]

The Principality of Zeon has been fairly isolated since it was formed. It maintained it's protectorate with Nebula-X through this time, but didn't really venture out much into the Foreign Affair world except when it was intentional to cause drama with select other alliances. However during this time we came across an amazing group of people that we instantly knew that our future was to be shared together. This group of people was known as States of Unified Nations, or SUN for short. There was much enjoyment and fun that we had with each other and it became clear to us that it was time to sign a treaty between our two alliances. So here I present you with our treaty that we have signed with SUN.

[quote]
[center][b]The Galactic Accords
Preamble [/b][/center]

It has come to the attention of certain alliances within the Galactic Realm of Bob that these tend to be the most dangerous of times. The interplanetary poles of power shift and slide, wars are raged, and armies raised. In these most troubled of times, it is often best to outfit yourself with large armadas, or perhaps even more importantly, a network of friends.
Therefore, the great Principality of Zeon, and the mighty State of Unified Nations have decided to join together into a contract of friendship and brotherhood.

[b]1 Peace [/b]

The Galactic Accords outline a call for peace between the powers of Zeon and SUN. This treaty decrees both alliances to a state of peace, assuring the resolution of any conflicts they may have in the future, be handled with the utmost care and diplomatic ability. Together, the powers that be agree to not enter war with each other. Should any other diplomatic agreements force conflict between the brothers of Zeon and SUN, the agreement presented in this document shall take precedense.

[b]2 Intelligence [/b]

Intelligence, being the most powerful weapon available, is of the utmost importance to the security of the signatory powers. Should either power come into the ownership of intelligence which would prove useful or important to the other, the appropriate means shall be acted upon to deliver the intelligence with quick pace.

[b]3 Aid[/b]

As the great battles toil onwards to the goal of ultimate victory, financial and militant aid are sometimes needed. It is understood by both signatories that by signing this treaty, either one has the ability to, without embarassment, request aid in either form from the other. Also recognized is the right to refuse aid.
Both powers are encouraged to open up their borders and organize the trading of technologies and resources, in an effort to build outwards and further their mutual goal of dominance.

[b]4 Defense[/b]

The signing powers of the Principality of Zeon and the State of Unified Nations understand that with the signing of this document, both are entered into a contract of mutual defense. Should either of the powers come under an unprovoked, and/or undeserved attack, the other power is required to enter into Defensive warfare in aid to its ally if assistance is requested. Should an exterior treaty bring either alliance to war, the other is not obliged to follow in its path, aggressively or defensively.

[b]5 Aggression [/b]

Should either alliance seek out war itself, and voluntarily enter battle it created, the other power has the optional ability to enter the great passion of War. Brotherhoods are formed during the great battles, and while the entrance to aggressive warfare is completely optional, it is encouraged. Both powers recognize the right of the other to refuse the entrance to an aggressive war.

[b]6 Cancellation[/b]

Should either power deem it necessary to end the great Brotherhood, proper reasons shall be given to leadership of the other power. Once one alliance has initiated cancellation, a 72 hour grace period will begin. Once these hours are over, the treaty shall be officially broken.

[b][i]Signed for the Principality of Zeon[/b][/i]
John Galt, Emperor
BloodFury, Sovereign
Jensofthedesert, Regent

[b][i]Signed for the State of Unified Nations[/b][/i]
~King James, Emperor of SUN
~Killercruiser, Imperial Minister of SUN
~Swatch0, Minister of War
~Der Dritte Reich , Minister of Recruitment
~HeWhoIsGod, Minister of Foreign Affairs
~SunOfGod, Minister of Economics
~xYnOhTnAx, Minister of Internal Affairs
[/quote]

We would also like to point out that we upgraded our Protectorate treaty with Nebula-X which can be found at this location.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103846

[center][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DeathSycrause/Zeon/4662-gihren_zabigundammobile_suit_gundamsieg_zeonzeon.jpg?t=1311450169[/img][/center]

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1311600546' post='2763370']
I recognize BloodFury as a name of someone who annoyed or pissed me off in the past. I can't remember for what or why, but as such, I am annoyed and pissed off at this announcement.

Good luck and all that good stuff.
[/quote]
I must of done something right. Get over it.

[quote name='Nemhauser' timestamp='1311636271' post='2763646']
Nice flag, it reminds me of our [url=http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4904/cnnorwar.png]Imperial War Ensign[/url].
[/quote]

The Principality of Zeon's flag is much older than yours is. But I do approve of your flag.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1311600546' post='2763370']
I recognize BloodFury as a name of someone who annoyed or pissed me off in the past. I can't remember for what or why, but as such, I am annoyed and pissed off at this announcement.

Good luck and all that good stuff.
[/quote]

Haters gona hate.............. ^_^