Declaration of War

Locke

[quote name='Fakir' timestamp='1308640263' post='2737002']
Uh, if Mio didn't give approval for it to be an April Fool's Joke, why did Mio post [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83498]this[/url]? Also, refer to OP and to who is in-charge of said joke. I think that's more than enough consent and is Mio going to deny posting that? Even with the truth right in front of you, you probably still won't believe it.
[/quote]
This is a silly thing to argue with in the first place. But I will say though that Mio does tend to do some things when her friends really want them to. Because she's nice like that. Very rare quality, and those that have it usually get crapped on like she was.

Her above comment doesn't really show she likes it too much, either. If I remember correctly from then it was pretty much people deciding they were going to do it, then telling Mio, and saying "You should post it!"

Though I will admit my memory is rather bad, so I can't say for sure that I'm not just misinterpreting how I remember.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308640680' post='2737007']
Ouch. Want some nukes for that [b][color=red]BURN[/color][/b], Tohru? Oh wait, you're cowering in peace mode. :awesome:
[/quote]

Yeah, because I have no trades, not to mention RL is a bit of a &*%$#.

Edited by Tohru

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308640680' post='2737007']
Ouch. Want some nukes for that [b][color="red"]BURN[/color][/b], Tohru? Oh wait, you're cowering in peace mode. :awesome:
[/quote]

Peace mode can be a sound war tactic, and you know it.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1308640801' post='2737009']Peace mode can be a sound war tactic, and you know it.[/quote]
Of course. However, suggestions are that that is not the reason for this peace mode entry.

Good luck to SOS Brigade in their war effort, hopefully this war comes to a conclusion without to much blood shed. Good luck to New Sakura Order as well, enjoy the war while it lasts and launch some nukes if you have them.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1308640936' post='2737012']
Good luck to SOS Brigade in their war effort, hopefully this war comes to a conclusion without to much blood shed. Good luck to New Sakura Order as well, enjoy the war while it lasts and launch some nukes if you have them.
[/quote]
So in other words, 'smoke if you got 'em'?

Will do. :nuke:

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308640921' post='2737011']
Of course. However, suggestions are that that is not the reason for this peace mode entry.
[/quote]
No not really. I haven't had trades for a good month now. Why people delete nations without any warning (and not from activity) I'll never know.

Not to mention, there's only a couple nations I want to burn. Rest of SOS I don't really want any harm to come to.

[quote name='Tohru' timestamp='1308641060' post='2737014']Not to mention, there's only a couple nations I want to burn. Rest of SOS I don't really want any harm to come to.[/quote]
Pity you'll never be in range of either of them. I would have liked to have the opportunity to nuke you. :awesome:

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308641185' post='2737015']
Pity you'll never be in range of either of them. I would have liked to have the opportunity to nuke you. :awesome:
[/quote]
Same, but, I don't have to personally nuke you. It's fine if someone else does; I can share.

Though that is true, at least at the rate my trades like to destroy themselves.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308641012' post='2737013']
So in other words, 'smoke if you got 'em'?

Will do. :nuke:
[/quote]
No point going to war or even having a defensive military if they're not going to fight, once its over people can pick up the pieces as they remember how it went. Whether upon reflection they did good or bad will be effort put forward under whatever circumstances they needed to fight.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1308641771' post='2737022']
No point going to war or even having a defensive military if they're not going to fight, once its over people can pick up the pieces as they remember how it went. Whether upon reflection they did good or bad will be effort put forward under whatever circumstances they needed to fight.
[/quote]
Stand and fight or be a punching bag forever... hm, I think we did alright. :awesome:

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308642047' post='2737023']
Stand and fight or be a punching bag forever... hm, I think we did alright. :awesome:
[/quote]
I agree you guys did right here by declaring on them, can't let people push you around without hitting someone back for it.

I always have found the peace mode argument and lambasting to be rather ridiculous when most intelligent players of Cyber Nations are aware that peace mode reserving is a legitimate warfare tactic, unless it is during an 'all out' declared war by both or multiple entities. Honestly, otherwise, the commentary about the tactic is rather redundant.

Best used merely as a 'no u' kind of argument that was best used years ago.

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1308642663' post='2737035']How about both alliances involved just disband and save everyone the trouble of noticing your existence for this flash in the pan war.[/quote]
You don't [b]have[/b] to pay attention, you know? :smug:

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308637185' post='2736952']
You missed the part where their protectorate proceeded to accuse of something that we absolutely did not do, possibly because of what IAA told them (or else because they just decided to accuse us of doing it for their own reasons).
[/quote]

So because their protectorate decided to act like idiots after being told(like they should have been), you decided that that is good reason to totally eschew diplomacy this time? Are you kidding me? Here is a protip for you... when someone doesnt like you, they generally talk smack about you, and sometimes, in those situations, perceptions and emotion lead to bad conclusions. That happening in the past, does not, in any way, excuse you from nil attempt at diplomacy on what most certainly is an iffy issue at best.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308642795' post='2737036']
You don't [b]have[/b] to pay attention, you know? :smug:
[/quote]

When someone starts a potentially global war literally crying about people not wanting to be in your !@#$%* alliance because they want to be in some other !@#$%* alliance yeah I sort of have to.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1308642831' post='2737037']So because their protectorate decided to act like idiots after being told(like they should have been), you decided that that is good reason to totally eschew diplomacy this time? Are you kidding me? Here is a protip for you... when someone doesnt like you, they generally talk smack about you, and sometimes, in those situations, perceptions and emotion lead to bad conclusions. That happening in the past, does not, in any way, excuse you from nil attempt at diplomacy on what most certainly is an iffy issue at best.[/quote]
We had every reason to believe (through past experience) that talking to IAA would do nothing other than alert NsO to our plans and allow them to escape to peace mode, thus denying our ability to combat them effectively. As we have seen, NsO indeed had begun to hit peacemode when they found out (thus our earlier-than-expected declaration of war).

IAA have not shown the ability nor the willingness to rein in the actions of their protectorate at any time before now. Why would this have changed?

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1308629293' post='2736664']
IAA rarely steps back and lets their allies get rolled. I'd be willing to bet you if SOS don't wrap this up because of the threat of a big war (which I don't doubt) IAA will be right beside NsO despite the consequences.
[/quote]
Lol, they ditched Polar and STA after joining the said side, that was even before Polar and co ditched rest of the coalition.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1308643173' post='2737042']
Lol, they ditched Polar and STA after joining the said side, that was even before Polar and co ditched rest of the coalition.
[/quote]

Actually, that's because Polar told them to. I would dig up logs, but I'm honestly not sure I even have them anymore. I was actually waiting for someone to bring up UINE instead. There was also this time I had a little noob alliance and they let me get rolled, but I think those are the only times I can think of.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308643067' post='2737040']
We had every reason to believe (through past experience) that talking to IAA would do nothing other than alert NsO to our plans and allow them to escape to peace mode, thus denying our ability to combat them effectively. As we have seen, NsO indeed had begun to hit peacemode when they found out (thus our earlier-than-expected declaration of war).

IAA have not shown the ability nor the willingness to rein in the actions of their protectorate at any time before now. Why would this have changed?
[/quote]

You had reason to believe that IAA would tell their protectorate that someone was claiming to have a CB on them? Wow, you have marvelous intuition. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

You go to IAA. IAA tells NsO. NsO runs to peace mode. You know what? At THAT point, you have them right where you want them(assuming you can provide a solid CB), because nobody WANTS to stay in PM forever. They would be forced to negotiate their punishment(if they are guilty) to get out of peace mode. You know what that is? That is diplomacy. And you, sir, make absolutely ZERO sense.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1308643387' post='2737045']
Actually, that's because Polar told them to. I would dig up logs, but I'm honestly not sure I even have them anymore. I was actually waiting for someone to bring up UINE instead. There was also this time I had a little noob alliance and they let me get rolled, but I think those are the only times I can think of.
[/quote]
Did they? Are you 100% sure? Interesting :rolleyes: