Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1303235585' post='2693722']
I admit it is all assumption from me. I do not claim it to be facts. It is what I would have done given your situation. It is not to save infra but to provide security to my alliance.

Now maybe down the road your so called friendship will develop into true friendship but that remains to be seen. Right now the treaty is not base on true friendship but convenience.
[/quote]

It's based on friendship. It was actually very inconvenient having to send all those diplos back and forth.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1303235406' post='2693719']
Who trusts anyone at this point. I mean hell, i have fought NPO, allied NPO and fought NPO again. I was an ally, an enemy and an ally again of MK.

Could go on with and for every alliance in this universe.

Do we trust them right at the moment? Yeah. Unlike NpO, MK carry their animosity in the open. Dont see any.

When I was in Gre and allied to NPO we received logs of someone in NPO or assorted alliances wishing for our death at least once every month.
[/quote]

I personally trust our treaty with TPF and Invicta. You can probably say the same with your long time ally IRON. Yes trusting an alliance 100% in this game is possible.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303234971' post='2693709']
Pandora's Box is peripheral to Doomhouse. Very close in the inner circle, mind you, but Doomhouse is the center of power. And the center of Doomhouse, politically, is MK. GOONS is filled with clueless newbies and is focused on growth, Umbrella is filled with tech-fattened nations and is focused on accumulating more tech. MK is the center of politics in DH, and is where all the "big names" hail from.[/quote]
Wrong on all counts. You REALLY don't know what you're talking about.

[quote]It is through MK where you find the primary connections, to Duckroll via TOP, to C&G, and other heavy hitters. MK has better external connections than anyone else in PB or DH.[/quote]
I disagree, Umbrella and GOONS both have ties to C&G, as well as ties to other major alliances that MK doesn't have ties with.

[quote]And DH has been running the show in PB since it's inception. As much as VE wanted that role. I view the recent Polar conflict as an attempt to manifest that control, I'm not so delusional to think that MK ordered the strike, though it's not like they discouraged it, it gave MK the ability to finally sink it's teeth into NPO for no reason other than spite, and in the process one-up VE. The Polar war was concluded with haste in order to provide support the Doomhouse conflict.[/quote]
Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

[quote name='Richard Rahl' timestamp='1303235652' post='2693724']
It's based on friendship. It was actually very inconvenient having to send all those diplos back and forth.
[/quote]

That is very well what you believe. It does not make it so. If I was MK, I would not trust your alliance given the fact you pre-empt them.

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1303234923' post='2693708']
Sure a spike of diplomatic activity can be construed that we like to be friends with you. Question is why now? Why after a devastating war between the two alliance. Can you honestly say that TOP and MK trust each other 100 percent? You can argue the reason for the treaty is because of mistrust. Of not knowing what the other will do next. A treaty like yours buys you time and security.

You cannot really say this is a treaty of friendship. Certainly not at the level as MK treaty with her C&G allies or NPO's treaty with TPF, Invicta and the rest of it's allies.
[/quote]

A spike in diplomatic activity ? You must not know our activity level in TOP then. Why now ? We're mature enough to put the past behind us. Its not like we hated MK back then, our attack on MK and C&G was a strategic hit, nothing more nothing less. If we didn't hit them they would have hit us when we entered the war in BPW. As far as the trust issue goes, I trust them 100%, the same as I trust the rest of my allies 100%.

Not knowing what your ally will do next ? Its called communication, yes I know the NPO doesn't know of it because from what i've heard you completely shut off communication with allies in this war that came in to fight for you. Yes i've already been informed that they will be cancelling on you after this war.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1303232764' post='2693676']
How do you, a member of the NPO, know what goes on between members of The Order of the Paradox and the Mushroom Kingdom?
[/quote]

To be fair to Daimos, he wouldn't know what friendship is being a member of NPO and all.

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1303236098' post='2693733']
That is very well what you believe. It does not make it so. If I was MK, I would not trust your alliance given the fact you pre-empt them.
[/quote]
As a member of an alliance that traded blows with TOP and came away from the conflict with a treaty with them, I can attest at how well war builds relationship. They're fine and upstanding folks and talking to them while trading nukes was more effective than endless QnA thread. Say what you want about them, but TOP are good folk and I'm glad to have held a treaty with them for over a year and a half now.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1303236794' post='2693738']
To be fair to Daimos, he wouldn't know what friendship is being a member of NPO and all.
[/quote]

Excellent... They have fallen into our trap. They think we are their friends when really our plans with Legion are moving forward. Soon TOP will have their war slots flooded by Legion and TOP will be made weak by Legions warrior nations. It is then when we will strike the final blow to TOP and get to the grand prize, IRON.

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1303236346' post='2693735']
Not knowing what your ally will do next ? Its called communication, yes I know the NPO doesn't know of it because from what i've heard you completely shut off communication with allies in this war that came in to fight for you. Yes i've already been informed that they will be cancelling on you after this war.
[/quote]
Oh my! :o The secret is out!

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1303236864' post='2693740']
As a member of an alliance that traded blows with TOP and came away from the conflict with a treaty with them, I can attest at how well war builds relationship. They're fine and upstanding folks and talking to them while trading nukes was more effective than endless QnA thread. Say what you want about them, but TOP are good folk and I'm glad to have held a treaty with them for over a year and a half now.
[/quote]
Hence why we asked them to attack Legion. We know that TOP will end up signing a treaty with them, and so when we command VE to roll Polar again, we'll get to preempt TOP!

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1303235355' post='2693718']
As close as C&G? Probably not, given the history behind C&G. But in terms of everything else we were and are a good match for each other, high activity, competence, alliance build, and general attitude. MK and TOP members in Bipolar had a lot of fun fighting each other, the most skilled opponents either alliance had ever faced. It destroyed a lot of misconceptions both alliances had about the other. The build-up to the treaty in terms of communication and interaction was probably the most for MK that we've had with any ally.

As for buying time and security, not really. Do you remember the drama with GOD cancelling on GOONS over it?
[/quote]

Not sure what kind of misconceptions it destroyed. I mean it is an alliance that attacked you out of the blue. How can that project anything positive from your members is beyond me.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1303237518' post='2693748']
Hence why we asked them to attack Legion. We know that TOP will end up signing a treaty with them, and so when we command VE to roll Polar again, we'll get to preempt TOP!
[/quote]
Oh how the tables have turned! Truly MK are the villains that the Prophets Alterego, HoT, and Haflinger have warned us about! Unscrupulous ruffians!

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1303237642' post='2693753']
Not sure what kind of misconceptions it destroyed. I mean it is an alliance that attacked you out of the blue. How can that project anything positive from your members is beyond me.
[/quote]
That they were stuck-up infra-huggers. And the amount that we really thought that was overblown by a few loud members. A lot of MK had mildly positive feelings about TOP, neither party went into that war hating the other.

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1303236346' post='2693735']
A spike in diplomatic activity ? You must not know our activity level in TOP then. Why now ? We're mature enough to put the past behind us. Its not like we hated MK back then, our attack on MK and C&G was a strategic hit, nothing more nothing less. If we didn't hit them they would have hit us when we entered the war in BPW. As far as the trust issue goes, I trust them 100%, the same as I trust the rest of my allies 100%.

[/quote]

Yes I believe you. You do not hate MK, it was a strategic hit base on your (assumption or fact?) that they will going to hit you. You did what you did to protect your alliance. You failed, You could not beat them so you joined them. Next best thing I guess.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1303237893' post='2693759']
That they were stuck-up infra-huggers. And the amount that we really thought that was overblown by a few loud members. A lot of MK had mildly positive feelings about TOP, neither party went into that war hating the other.
[/quote]

Well it's always wise strategy as the aggressor to not hold back. What would be the point of launching an attack half ass.

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1303238058' post='2693761']
Next best thing I guess.
[/quote]

Wrong again, over the next 8 months we had a bajillion Q&A's on each others forums, then we planted 2 of our best FA people in MK. They easily worked their way up the ladder and then we signed the treaty

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1303236098' post='2693733']
[/quote]

So, what you believe makes it so, even though you are not in TOP or MK, but me, a member that was intimately involved with the process, is wrong? Makes sense.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1303236864' post='2693740']
[/quote]
Have we still not gotten around to cancel that yet? TOP speed... <_<

[/quote]

Hence why we asked them to attack Legion. We know that TOP will end up signing a treaty with them[/quote]

[size="5"][u][b]We know that TOP will end up signing a treaty with them[/b][/u][/size]
[/quote]
[img]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/BlueLightning_01/will9324858.gif[/img]

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1303235799' post='2693728']
I personally trust our treaty with TPF and Invicta. You can probably say the same with your long time ally IRON. Yes trusting an alliance 100% in this game is possible.
[/quote]

I was just trying to bring across that its not up to you to make the judgement about our allies. We're not judging yours, are we?

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1303239345' post='2693786']
I was just trying to bring across that its not up to you to make the judgement about our allies. We're not judging yours, are we?
[/quote]

I judge their friends all the time actually. Good thing I'm not in TOP.

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1303239345' post='2693786']
[/quote]

Who is we? People judge, human nature.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1303243591' post='2693839']
Indeed. We'd cancel the TOP treaty immediately. I'd hate being allied to you, Janax.
[/quote]

Why is the sequel almost always worse than the original? :|