Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1303325920' post='2694777']
Daimos; I know it's an alien concept to NPO to talk to alliances which have pounded the crap out of you but other alliances are capable of dialogue with their old opponents.
[/quote]

Actually, the New Pacific Order has invested quite a lot of effort in its dialogue with those we've met on the losing end of a battlefield - with some success along the way.

I'm not certain if a Pacific capable of doing such is an Alien Concept to [i]you[/i], given the inaccurate caricature of a vengeance driven mob that your grouping often juggles with, or whether you are just using some literary flair - but it is a false, and tired, characterization.

Of course, given the enthusiasm with which Doomhouse government members seem to encourage past perpetrators of violence to actively seek to approach parties they might need to make amends towards, perhaps we'll all get a chance to move past such petty blindness.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1303336782' post='2694894']
Most people don't get to see the serious stuff MKers post.
[/quote]
MKers making serious posts? Are you lying? I think you're lying.

Edited by NoFish

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1303339366' post='2694917']
From where I'm standing, no, there really aren't.

I supposed there would be from where you're standing though.
[/quote]

Well, if all you can see is incompetent alliances, then perhaps you should stop standing in a place that is damn full of them.

See, I can do these silly digs too. What have we gained? Nothing.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1303336782' post='2694894']
Most people don't get to see the serious stuff MKers post.
[/quote]

shhhh its a secret to fool the enemy

And as just an average member of MK I like TOP. I always liked TOP and was pleased when we signed a treaty with them.

[quote name='LiquidMercury' timestamp='1303334527' post='2694869']
No, Q was a treaty to pacify threats and consolidate power, in particular Gremlins and NPO at the time. MK and TOP was honestly a logical treaty truly based on two communities that were much more similar than different. I personally always pushed for a MK treaty or better relations pre-biPolar because I knew both groups quite well and knew they'd get along well. Both have a strong sense of independence, quality of membership, and are a bit more mature than the avg (yes I actually called MK mature) capable of discussion past the "No U" and other garbage that passes as alliance "friendship" and better relations.

Standard route:
Alliance 1: OMG I your guyz is awesome o/
Alliance 2: o/ to you too, you guyz rawk!
Alliance 1: I think I like you
Alliance 2: I like you too
Treaty gets signed

TOP/MK Route:
MK: Screw you
TOP: Screw you
TOP: Pre-emp :smug:
MK: Tricky moves and interesting propoganda that even TOP will laugh at that also happens to generate quality discussion
TOP: Great at war, see's that MK is great at war, mutual respect
MK: Discussion of all things awesome
TOP: Q&A that generates a lot of discussion, argument, meeting of the minds
MKonTOP: Treaty

Fact is we have two communities dedicated to preserving ideals and beliefs that are similar that actually like each other instead of the mindless discussion of what is considered politics that passes in many places.

Lastly, I'll say it again, it's not a treaty to nullify a mutual threat, heck if either one of us ever had an issue with each other that was big enough we'd cancel the treaty and blow each other up again, none of us fear losing the pixels.
[/quote]
That's nice and all but my (and most TOPers) reason for supporting the treaty is that MK is scary and we need to neutralise them.

[IMG]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/BlueLightning_01/qTgF9.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1303337415' post='2694900']
Actually, the New Pacific Order has invested quite a lot of effort in its dialogue with those we've met on the losing end of a battlefield - with some success along the way.

I'm not certain if a Pacific capable of doing such is an Alien Concept to [i]you[/i], given the inaccurate caricature of a vengeance driven mob that your grouping often juggles with, or [b]whether you are just using some literary flair[/b] - but it is a false, and tired, characterization.

Of course, given the enthusiasm with which Doomhouse government members seem to encourage past perpetrators of violence to actively seek to approach parties they might need to make amends towards, perhaps we'll all get a chance to move past such petty blindness.
[/quote]

Glad you noticed :v: I know you guys have been making an effort, your comrade was just giving off the wrong impression and was essentially talking bollocks about something which he likely has no real knowledge of.

It would be nice to move on, whether or not that happens we'll see but I'm not one to hold a grudge as they get stale very quickly.

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1303343618' post='2694971']
Hello TOP, I see you are attacking Legion. How are you? I am fine thanks.
[/quote]

Not to rub salt on your wound, but you could be attacking Legion too if you hadn't treatied them.

[quote name='LiquidMercury' timestamp='1303334527' post='2694869']
No, Q was a treaty to pacify threats and consolidate power, in particular Gremlins and NPO at the time. MK and TOP was honestly a logical treaty truly based on two communities that were much more similar than different. I personally always pushed for a MK treaty or better relations pre-biPolar because I knew both groups quite well and knew they'd get along well. Both have a strong sense of independence, quality of membership, and are a bit more mature than the avg (yes I actually called MK mature) capable of discussion past the "No U" and other garbage that passes as alliance "friendship" and better relations.

Standard route:
Alliance 1: OMG I your guyz is awesome o/
Alliance 2: o/ to you too, you guyz rawk!
Alliance 1: I think I like you
Alliance 2: I like you too
Treaty gets signed

TOP/MK Route:
MK: Screw you
TOP: Screw you
TOP: Pre-emp :smug:
MK: Tricky moves and interesting propoganda that even TOP will laugh at that also happens to generate quality discussion
TOP: Great at war, see's that MK is great at war, mutual respect
MK: Discussion of all things awesome
TOP: Q&A that generates a lot of discussion, argument, meeting of the minds
MKonTOP: Treaty

Fact is we have two communities dedicated to preserving ideals and beliefs that are similar that actually like each other instead of the mindless discussion of what is considered politics that passes in many places.

Lastly, I'll say it again, it's not a treaty to nullify a mutual threat, heck if either one of us ever had an issue with each other that was big enough we'd cancel the treaty and blow each other up again, none of us fear losing the pixels.
[/quote]

listen to this man, as he is righr.
failures have been made, wrong desicions been corrected, not evryone may like it, but thats politics and the life of planet bob.
Admin gave us all the power to decide, and we all should accept what other ppl decide for themself, without putting any blame on them.

[quote name='greatmagnus' timestamp='1303332697' post='2694849']
This thread gets better and better as time goes on.

Reasoning: Many people are screaming at the fact that TOP attacked right when peace was about to happen, and yet as time goes on the other side has still not surrendered. The argument pretty much refutes itself as time passes.
[/quote]

Legion is now fighting DH, PB, CnG, and TOP. I don't think NPO is fighting that many alliances. And we are still standing, still fighting, still causing damage. Morale on our boards is high, aid is flowing, and people are cycling into and out of peace mode. Militarily we know we can't win, but we're prepared to make the this a Phyrric victory for you.

Your coalition views TOP attacking Legion as simply formalizing a re-deployment. Our coalition views it as an escalation and an insult. Both view points have merit and have been argued to death. To each their own. With TOP declaring on us, the punitive measures included as terms, and the general foot dragging by the DH/PB/CnG coalition, we just don't see any reason to trust anything we hear.

The war started as "Every. Thing. Must. Die." and then you attacked NPO for the crime of existing. You then lay terms of extortion or extermination upon our defensive coalition. Are you beginning to see how our side might wonder what point there is to renting peace? Once your side gets bored and the terms end, you'll just turn on us again if you think you can. Doesn't really make us want to stop trading nukes when there's at least even money that we'll be right back here inside 6 months.

Edited by Banedon

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303324344' post='2694750']
You missed the following.

6. TOP attacked MK.
7. NpO hit TOP, who they had told to hit MK, in defense of MK.

[/quote]

What a crock of steaming turd. TOP wanted to attack MK, nobody else suggested it or requested it. TOP did what it wanted to do for whatever reason TOP wanted to do it. It did not assist Polar with the fight against \m/ FOK or PC. You do really need to stop filtering everything you type through your revision-o-meter. The fact we did not object to it does not mean we ordered it.

[quote name='Banedon' timestamp='1303352042' post='2695133']
Once your side gets bored and the terms end, you'll just turn on us again if you think you can.[/quote]

I know you said even money, but Im betting they will think they can.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1303352089' post='2695135']
What a crock of steaming turd. TOP wanted to attack MK, nobody else suggested it or requested it. TOP did what it wanted to do for whatever reason TOP wanted to do it. It did not assist Polar with the fight against \m/ FOK or PC. You do really need to stop filtering everything you type through your revision-o-meter. The fact we did not object to it does not mean we ordered it.
[/quote]

I wasn't in TOP at the time. But I remember you changing sides in a war that you had started. I remember saying that you were going rogue in the most epic way you could come up with. You took your alliance, attacked some people, then when things got major, you switched sides.

That's how it looked then, and that's how it looks now. And it cost you a lot. Once you go rogue, people don't trust you. Nobody with any sense has trusted you or NpO since that happened.

[quote name='Banedon' timestamp='1303352042' post='2695133']
Legion is now fighting DH, PB, CnG, and TOP. I don't think NPO is fighting that many alliances. And we are still standing, still fighting, still causing damage. Morale on our boards is high, aid is flowing, and people are cycling into and out of peace mode. Militarily we know we can't win, but we're prepared to make the this a Phyrric victory for you.
[/quote]
It's been fun watching your members populate the smallest nation gains and your alliance occupy the #1 spot for smallest alliance gain!

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1303359222' post='2695259']
I wasn't in TOP at the time. But I remember [b]you changing sides[/b] in a war that you had started. I remember saying that you were going rogue in the most epic way you could come up with. You took your alliance, attacked some people, then when things got major, [b]you switched sides[/b].

That's how it looked then, and that's how it looks now. And it cost you a lot. Once you go rogue, people don't trust you. Nobody with any sense has trusted you or NpO since that happened.
[/quote]
We fought on both sides at the same time. We never "switched sides".

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1303359222' post='2695259']
I wasn't in TOP at the time. But I remember you changing sides in a war that you had started. I remember saying that you were going rogue in the most epic way you could come up with. You took your alliance, attacked some people, then when things got major, you switched sides.

[/quote]

I dont ever recall saying anything about going rogue, please link me to the quote as my memory is obviously failing. Things had not gone ''major'' for us, we were exactly where we intended to be. If you think I gave a rats ass about fighting three alliances for a long period of time you are gravely mistaken. Even if they bought all their friends, the situation was under control as much as it could be. The real issue was somewhat deeper that that and to this day no one has really pinned it correctly and I am not about to help at this late stage. As for TOP, they had their own agenda, they misread mine and a situation developed that I am not particularly proud of, but I am also not about to try to rectify the situation with TOP. They hate me, they hate Polaris, I hate them etc etc.. live and let die.

As for trusting me, who gives a rat's about that either. Polaris is no longer under my control or even influence I am really no threat to anyone. You dont need to trust me, for any reason, and I wont be seeking your approval or trust ever again. The world I enjoyed being a part of and contributing to is over and it is over forever. I am hanging around to spite people in my latter days.

If you repeat something over and over, you may well start to believe it, but it still doesn't mean it happened. The revisionism of CN is unsurpassed even by 1984.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1303361148' post='2695279']
We fought on both sides at the same time. We never "switched sides".
[/quote]
Yeah, no, that's completely untrue. Polaris lodged a large knife into the back of Paradoxia, and it's why I don't entirely blame them for rightfully despising you.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303364663' post='2695320']
Yeah, no, that's completely untrue. Polaris lodged a large knife into the back of Paradoxia, and it's why I don't entirely blame them for rightfully despising you.
[/quote]
Yeah, I realize that. Militarily, we fought on both sides at the same time. We were at war with GOD/VE the same time we were at war with TOP. We didn't just DoW on TOP and end the war with GOD.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1303364745' post='2695322']
Yeah, I realize that. Militarily, we fought on both sides at the same time. We were at war with GOD/VE the same time we were at war with TOP. We didn't just DoW on TOP and end the war with GOD.
[/quote]
For all practical reasons, you did. You ceased actual combat with GOD/VE in order to focus on TOP.