Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the whining about this is pretty silly. Was there a general ceasefire while terms negotiations have been dragging on? No. As someone who was very involved in the decision to ask TOP to come in I can say that the status of peace terms didn't enter into the calculus of it, at least for me. I'm not involved at all in the negotiations, just helping to direct MK's war effort. This is a war. In a war you redirect your resources as needed and is desirable. Should we have stopped declaring individual nation wars too? Stopped launching nukes? Until a peace agreement is reached, I see no reason not to keep on fighting it full scale, especially when the trademark of these negotiations has been long delays. With the seeming rejection of the efficiency clauses, there was a reasonable chance that the war was going to keep going for a while before any agreement was reached. You weren't at the point of collecting signatures. If peace is declared tomorrow, the fact that TOP declared on Legion won't hurt anything, it's not a big deal.

We wanted a few slots filled and a few in TOP wanted to help fill them, it was that simple. TOP posted a topic because that's how they like to roll, even though it wasn't a big deal. MK and Umbrella haven't posted topics every time we direct a few war slots at an opponent a lot of the time because we don't consider a few wars to be a big issue, and the complaining in this thread just helps to validate that decision. For my part in helping to direct the war effort, I'll pay attention to peace terms when they are about to be posted.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1303168552' post='2692916']
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4237780/whyunoget.jpg[/img]

Thats why.
[/quote]
Two points:
- You weren't collecting signatures, peace was not necessarily going to happen in the immediate future.
- We asked them to come in, not the other way around.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1303168849' post='2692920']
Two points:
- You weren't collecting signatures, peace was not necessarily going to happen in the immediate future.
[/quote]

That's just not true. Sardonic and Infinite Citidel were asking for signatures and TCK said he'd have to get them from everyone in the coalition it was only then that the penalties for efficiency terms were mentioned. Hell Sardonic even asked if a post could be done that same night!

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1303168849' post='2692920']
[/quote]
It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see that I exaggerate it a bit.
I have no idea why that even matters at all. A ninja monkey from space could have asked, TOP still did the DOW and the punching.

Edited by xoindotnler

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1303169662' post='2692929']
Very accurate. Legion came to us and said they were about to sign a peace agreement and then we decided to DoW them. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
I'm just going to tell them the real reason we declared.

This is retribution for their assualt on our Order during GW3. The platypus never forgets.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1303160142' post='2692835']
No. If you read what I wrote, I said that the delay, associated with their rejection, is on them. That is to say, it is their fault that it occurred and they don't get to cry about the delay and accuse us of not attempting to achieve peace when peace was offered. I did not do anything in the way of dismissing that my side may have taken longer to get back to them but, in fact, attributed that delay to their initial rejection. The claim that we took too long to get back is ludicrous in and of itself as it is up to us when we offer you terms, not them.

On a further note, your desperation in attempting to cast my words as somehow being "contradictory" is hilarious.

^- Made my day.
[/quote]
So, you come to us with absurd terms, making the demand that you want us to negotiate back and forth until we settle on something.

So we play your game, and start offering and counter offering, back and forth.

Then, when you delay for weeks between each meeting, and then as soon as you get back you always tack on some new level of absurdity, it's somehow [i]our[/i] fault for the slow pace of discussions?

I snorted my soda all over my keyboard, now I have a huge mess to clean up. Thanks a lot.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1303169205' post='2692925']
It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see that I exaggerate it a bit.
I have no idea why that even matters at all. A ninja monkey from space could have asked, TOP still did the DOW and the punching.
[/quote]
You didn't just "exaggerate it a bit", it was pure fantasy.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1303095472' post='2692256']
The simple fact of the matter is that after talking tough for over 2 months, now that MK is facing the 21 more days of war with NPO's top tier that they have been demanding, they are backing away and doing everything they can to make sure they have to fight as few people as possible in those 21 days. Real tough :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Welcome to post-Pax Pacifica Bob politics, Schatt. Meet the new bosses, even crazier than the old bosses...

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303170366' post='2692937']
So, you come to us with absurd terms, making the demand that you want us to negotiate back and forth until we settle on something.

So we play your game, and start offering and counter offering, back and forth.

Then, when you delay for weeks between each meeting, and then as soon as you get back you always tack on some new level of absurdity, it's somehow [i]our[/i] fault for the slow pace of discussions?

I snorted my soda all over my keyboard, now I have a huge mess to clean up. Thanks a lot.
[/quote]

No. I said it was your fault its taken this long. YOu declined the initial terms that led to all associated delays, on our part and yours. Then your side chose to argue inane particulars such as the amount of NS that would have to be engaged should you accept the terms before you, further adding to those delays.

I was wondering but have now confirmed that you are under the impression that a losing party is entitled to something from the victors, you are indeed wrong.

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1303171712' post='2692963']
No. I said it was your fault its taken this long. YOu declined the initial terms that led to all associated delays, on our part and yours. Then your side chose to argue inane particulars such as the amount of NS that would have to be engaged should you accept the terms before you, further adding to those delays.

I was wondering but have now confirmed that you are under the impression that a losing party is entitled to something from the victors, you are indeed wrong.
[/quote]
We're entitled to reveal the outright lies of the flavor you are spreading regarding the peace process.

Your line of thought is the same line of thought NPO used to keep FAN down - "We're giving them an option, it's all their fault they won't take it!" - yeah, that doesn't cut it when the option is deliberately designed to not be taken.