Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1304202828' post='2702744']
Also contrary to your assumption, Legion are not bad at war. No one is bad at war anymore, because every alliance in the world has the same war guides and the same military doctrine, the only difference among alliances is based solely on their activity. Legion is performing as well in this war as any alliance of their size and structure would.
[/quote]
You are wrong on a multitude of basis.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1304205967' post='2702772']
Yes, they really are. Having good war guides doesn't mean anything when your alliance members are clearly not reading them and refuse to coordinate.
[/quote]

A phenomenon which can be attributed directly to activity and involvement with the alliance. Polaris has members that don't coordinate and don't read the guides because they're not active enough to bother to do so. So does every alliance that isn't based around high activity. VE had their members who had bad warchests and little coordination, just as FOK and iFOK did. Legion's members that don't fight well or use effective modern tactics are simply the ones who are inactive.

Or, it could be they don't care enough about their nations to do so. I know some very active people like that.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1304252618' post='2703133']
A phenomenon which can be attributed directly to activity and involvement with the alliance. Polaris has members that don't coordinate and don't read the guides because they're not active enough to bother to do so. So does every alliance that isn't based around high activity. VE had their members who had bad warchests and little coordination, just as FOK and iFOK did. Legion's members that don't fight well or use effective modern tactics are simply the ones who are inactive.

Or, it could be they don't care enough about their nations to do so. I know some very active people like that.
[/quote]
Inactivity and not caring is hardly a good excuse for military failure.

Also contrary to your assumption, Legion are not bad at war. No one is bad at war anymore, because every alliance in the world has the same war guides and the same military doctrine, the only difference among alliances is based solely on their activity. Legion is performing as well in this war as any alliance of their size and structure would.
[/quote]
I doubt everyone has the same war guides (or at least they aren't using them), because I'm constantly surprised at how bad people are at fighting. So far over the 25 wars I've fought in this war alone, I would say at most two actually knew what they were doing. A couple were passable, most were downright terrible, and some didn't fight back at all. I even fought a few alliance leaders and military directors who I read reports from, laughing and asking "What?"
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL11.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304266088' post='2703194']
I doubt everyone has the same war guides (or at least they aren't using them), because I'm constantly surprised at how bad people are at fighting. So far over the 25 wars I've fought in this war alone, I would say at most two actually knew what they were doing. A couple were passable, most were downright terrible, and some didn't fight back at all. I even fought a few alliance leaders and military directors who I read reports from, laughing and asking "What?"[/quote]

Most war guides are the same and 99% of it is common sense of do's and dont's for those that read them and care about their nation at war. Those that know could come across as bad due to the different situations they're put in. Swings and round-a-bouts.

[/quote]

The spouting of this sort of arbitrary nonsense surprised me until I realized it was being done by a committed member of Polaris. Carry on.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1304297002' post='2703548']
Most war guides are the same and 99% of it is common sense of do's and dont's for those that read them and care about their nation at war. Those that know could come across as bad due to the different situations they're put in. Swings and round-a-bouts.
[/quote]
Then like I said, they don't read them. All the guides in the world don't matter if you aren't reading them. I fought 25 people so far this war, from multiple alliances -- some even leaders. Only about 2 of those were any good at what they were doing, meaning at least 23 of them were terrible. I'm not talking about "not being able to GA because odds are low," or "having weaker planes with an inability to afford better ones" type of bad, I'm talking about "rebuying soldiers daily so you can be GAed 10 times" type of bad, and "repeatedly rebuying 30+ level 1 bombers only to have them wiped out daily by level 6 fighter planes planes" type of bad.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL6.jpg[/img]

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1304364391' post='2704286']
Which is still extremely stupid if you're not doing any extra damage.
[/quote]

Correct. But if they're buying back, I'm sure they're using them.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1304364827' post='2704291']
Correct. But if they're buying back, I'm sure they're using them.
[/quote]
They weren't, they were fighting 5 targets with 1000+ infra while they themselves had around 200-300. They did not attack back, and the only point rebuying served was to allow them to take far more damage each day than they could have otherwise, [i]in addition to[/i] spending extra money on soldiers and tanks. During one round of war they were (practically?) ZIed and bankrupted from nearly 100m. This person was also an alliance leader.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL3.jpg[/img]

Edited by Beefspari

[/quote]

lol my Legion targets were weak. I only got 2 cms from the first day.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304358939' post='2704225']
Then like I said, they don't read them. All the guides in the world don't matter if you aren't reading them. I fought 25 people so far this war, from multiple alliances -- some even leaders. Only about 2 of those were any good at what they were doing, meaning at least 23 of them were terrible. I'm not talking about "not being able to GA because odds are low," or "having weaker planes with an inability to afford better ones" type of bad, I'm talking about "rebuying soldiers daily so you can be GAed 10 times" type of bad, and "repeatedly rebuying 30+ level 1 bombers only to have them wiped out daily by level 6 fighter planes planes" type of bad.
[/quote]

Indeed that is true and there are people in [b]every[/b] alliance that are like that. The rebuying soldiers daily can be for many reasons, but the high bombers amount and stupid spy ops used is bad, in this day and age...

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304358939' post='2704225']
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL6.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Hope I was one of the two that fought well Beef. :blush:

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304266088' post='2703194']
I doubt everyone has the same war guides (or at least they aren't using them), because I'm constantly surprised at how bad people are at fighting. So far over the 25 wars I've fought in this war alone, I would say at most two actually knew what they were doing. A couple were passable, most were downright terrible, and some didn't fight back at all. I even fought a few alliance leaders and military directors who I read reports from, laughing and asking "What?"
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL11.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I fought you and as I recall I spied away your first two nukes because you telegraphed and bought them way before using them, you had no spies to speak of and no war chest you really shouldn't be the one throwing stones here

[quote name='MrHavok' timestamp='1304379788' post='2704458']
I fought you and as I recall I spied away your first two nukes because you telegraphed and bought them way before using them, you had no spies to speak of and no war chest you really shouldn't be the one throwing stones here
[/quote]
I have 550 spies because I'm not old enough to have a CIA, and if I had nukes it was because I stockpiled them. I always buy nukes before reset or before using them. I had a warchest -- three months and 25 wars ago.

Also, uh, I don't remember fighting you.

Edited by Beefspari