If DoomHouse isn't evil

LittleRena

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302279733' post='2686881']
I'm still not understanding the concept of this one on one 'honor' system, if that was the standard - why is aid allowed?

How come the one of the standards for victory in a prolonged conflict is draining, hampering or halting the aid process of your enemy?
[/quote]
It's not that he's getting aid, it's that he can't fund his own war effort even past the first week of wars. Hiro Nakara at one time was over 8500 infra so his warchest should have been nearly $1 Billion if not more.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Grabem' timestamp='1302283363' post='2686933']
It's not that he's getting aid, it's that he can't fund his own war effort even past the first week of wars. Hiro Nakara at one time was over 8500 infra so his warchest should have been nearly $1 Billion if not more.
[/quote]

That was when I cared, when I first had my WRC I had the standard warchest for my size then I rouged on 5 or 6 people, and then fought a gremlins guy with 9k techz and tbh never put much effort in saving, as I have commented on already, [OOC]After I left Sparta due to my brother being killed, I have invested pretty much zero effort in this game[OOC]

I mean I can see how you guys think in the scale of things this is super serious business, but for me it just isn't.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1302212976' post='2686340']
I was an ally of the old GOONS and I've never "run away" from that. Indeed a few GOONS found shelter at Browncoats while I was in charge there and they were welcomed. That said, I detested the actions of certain members in the old GOONS leadership (and I will not rehash what those were...you should know) toward the end of old GOONS reign on Planet Bob and ultimately they probably got what was coming to them. It reflected very poorly on the vast majority (people such as Schatt and Louisa) who's only crime was picking GOONS as an AA.
[/quote]

I had sworn never to come here again, but I heard that you had taken my name in vain so let us have one final appearance.

My crimes are far more varied and interesting than simply "picking GOONS as an AA" -- thanks to the old Team Colour Forums[sup][color="#0000FF"][color="#0000FF"][1][/color][/color][/sup] and occasional visits to the GOONS forum I already was aware of what sort of Alliance I applied to. I did miss the month following what the wiki calls ModGate (OOC: computer screen died, and it took too long getting a new one) and came back to find myself in 5 wars with former allies, with no clue what was going on, but never once have I apologised or felt the need to do so because of my membership in Neutral Shoving.

Being inside a Alliance shows you a totally different side of the people in it, and even though goondom can be a acquired taste it is a very fulfilling one. My biggest regret is that I did not apply there when I was born on Bob (but I had never heard of them, and that was before I joined their home realm so I would probably not have been accepted any way). If I could still be bothered to actually do any ruling over here in Rerollapalooza and felt that I could be a productive member in the Alliance, I would join in a second, no matter if Chairman Hal[sup][color="#0000FF"][2][/color][/sup] would think less of me for it.

[sup][color="#0000FF"][color="#0000FF"][1][/color][/color][/sup] [size="1"]It is a shame that those forums vanished, since they were a great way to meet people in other Alliances and see how they were out of official threads. I was raised a goon-hating LOSS lass (hello +Zeke+) but some quality time there showed me a whole other side of them.[/size]

[sup][color="#0000FF"][2][/color][/sup] [size="1"]What happened, Hal? It seems your views on GOONS went from neutral/positive to absolute negative around the time there was that Lunar trouble. Is that what this is all about? Well, if so, you may remember that the Burkaninjas was on the goon side in that war[/size] :P

[i](PS. sorry for wordiness, and god how I hate that you have to put "OOC" or twist your own words to be acceptable just because a thread happens to be posted in a particular forum. Goodbye, have fun all.)[/i]

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302279733' post='2686881']
I'm still not understanding the concept of this one on one 'honor' system, if that was the standard - why is aid allowed?

How come the one of the standards for victory in a prolonged conflict is draining, hampering or halting the aid process of your enemy?
[/quote]
I don't believe they're calling him dishonorable for accepting the aid. There are a few people who actually do believe that (see the thread about Methrage), but I think all anyone's doing here is mocking him for not being smart enough to keep a warchest. Which, in fairness, is something that plenty of people on both sides weren't smart enough to do. It's rather funny watching him wear out the "you care too much" defense though.

-Bama

Edited by BamaBuc

[quote name='Louisa' timestamp='1302287485' post='2686978']
I had sworn never to come here again, but I heard that you had taken my name in vain so let us have one final appearance.

My crimes are far more varied and interesting than simply "picking GOONS as an AA" -- thanks to the old Team Colour Forums[sup][color="#0000FF"][color="#0000FF"][1][/color][/color][/sup] and occasional visits to the GOONS forum I already was aware of what sort of Alliance I applied to. I did miss the month following what the wiki calls ModGate (OOC: computer screen died, and it took too long getting a new one) and came back to find myself in 5 wars with former allies, with no clue what was going on, but never once have I apologised or felt the need to do so because of my membership in Neutral Shoving.

Being inside a Alliance shows you a totally different side of the people in it, and even though goondom can be a acquired taste it is a very fulfilling one. My biggest regret is that I did not apply there when I was born on Bob (but I had never heard of them, and that was before I joined their home realm so I would probably not have been accepted any way). If I could still be bothered to actually do any ruling over here in Rerollapalooza and felt that I could be a productive member in the Alliance, I would join in a second, no matter if Chairman Hal[sup][color="#0000FF"][2][/color][/sup] would think less of me for it.

[sup][color="#0000FF"][color="#0000FF"][1][/color][/color][/sup] [size="1"]It is a shame that those forums vanished, since they were a great way to meet people in other Alliances and see how they were out of official threads. I was raised a goon-hating LOSS lass (hello +Zeke+) but some quality time there showed me a whole other side of them.[/size]

[sup][color="#0000FF"][2][/color][/sup] [size="1"]What happened, Hal? It seems your views on GOONS went from neutral/positive to absolute negative around the time there was that Lunar trouble. Is that what this is all about? Well, if so, you may remember that the Burkaninjas was on the goon side in that war[/size] :P

[i](PS. sorry for wordiness, and god how I hate that you have to put "OOC" or twist your own words to be acceptable just because a thread happens to be posted in a particular forum. Goodbye, have fun all.)[/i]
[/quote]

There's a lot more, Louisa, a lot more.

You were and still are the best of them. :wub:

I'll PM you the details.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1302210340' post='2686311']
The definition of any word truly depends on one's personal definition of it.
[/quote]
Right, and letters are nothing more than symbols we've ascribed artificial meaning to. Just because it's true doesn't mean it matters.

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1302296635' post='2687067']
I don't believe they're calling him dishonorable for accepting the aid. There are a few people who actually do believe that (see the thread about Methrage), but I think all anyone's doing here is mocking him for not being smart enough to keep a warchest. Which, in fairness, is something that plenty of people on both sides weren't smart enough to do. It's rather funny watching him wear out the "you care too much" defense though.

-Bama
[/quote]

There is plenty tread left on that one.

I don't get the point of people who keep posting here.

I can sincerely say that I've received aid during the war 3-4 times,yet most of my reserves came from NPO warchests.
you can keep going on and on how you've taken money from GOONS and how we're receiving aid from Umbrella,but at the end you will still be defeated.
your dogpile will not help and if you do not accept our [IMO reasonable] terms we have no problem martyring you we won't shed any tears seeing you burn down to the ground like you should have back in '07.

a thin line exists between bravery and utter foolishness you've crossed into the realm of stupidity when you did not accept our proposal.

[quote name='Lord Velox' timestamp='1302303814' post='2687121']
I don't get the point of people who keep posting here.

I can sincerely say that I've received aid during the war 3-4 times,yet most of my reserves came from NPO warchests.
you can keep going on and on how you've taken money from GOONS and how we're receiving aid from Umbrella,but at the end you will still be defeated.
your dogpile will not help and if you do not accept our [IMO reasonable] terms we have no problem martyring you we won't shed any tears seeing you burn down to the ground like you should have back in '07.

a thin line exists between bravery and utter foolishness you've crossed into the realm of stupidity when you did not accept our proposal.
[/quote]
Well, your opinion may be different from others.

[quote name='Lord Velox' timestamp='1302303814' post='2687121']
I can sincerely say that I've received aid during the war 3-4 times,yet most of my reserves came from NPO warchests.[/quote]

You recieved 3 war aid slots by the end of the first round of the conflict, if you needed it then, then you needed it throughout ;) Granted you wasnt the most hungry for aid at the beginning since mrwuss got sent 15mill within the first round :P

Edited by the rebel

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302271388' post='2686766']
Official position of the rebel: "allies working together to fight a common enemy is bad."
[/quote]

Considering NPO/Legions absolutely hilarious mismanagement of aid this isn't surprising.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1302255530' post='2686676']
You're not really good at this spinning thing.[/quote]

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm not spinning anything simply stating facts. Spin is when the majority of your membership publicly state what the alliance actually feels about a situation and then you try to distance yourself from that. All under the lame excuse "Oh that wasn't signed by gov so it doesn't count!". When such a huge majority of your membership feel a certain way at least have the guts to own it instead of trying to hide from the truth.

[quote] And grasping at straws makes it even worse. Stop it.[/quote]

I'll translate this statement from Mushspeak to English: [i]Shut up you're making us look bad.
[/i]
[quote]But I'll let you on a few secrets: 1. we're not CB-less, you just don't like our CB. [/quote]

Not sure what you mean by secrets since your DoW announcement is easily found - [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97693&view=findpost&p=2597854."]http://forums.cybern...post&p=2597854.[/url] In it you state your main reasons for war against NPO to be:

1. "We cannot allow any chance of a return to power by the New Pacific Order.", and paraphrasing the rest, NPO committed crimes in the past and we can't let them do it again.

2. "Maybe it's just a matter of loathing. Maybe it is because we believe that Everything. Must. Die. Maybe it is because we think you deserve to burn."

Just because you state the reason why you're going to war doesn't mean those reasons rise to the level of a Casus Belli. Directly translated it means Incident(or Case) of War, and in our community this has meant that the actions taken by one alliance is a significant threat to another. Your 2nd reason, "We don't like them" doesn't even come close, and your first relies on the flawed logic of, "They did it once, so they'll do it again". Even so, NPO didn't act in a threatening manner towards you and hasn't done anything hostile in over two years.

[quote]2. you're not getting EZI'd, you'll be destroyed because we're at war. [/quote]

That remains to be seen, but I never said I was being EZI'd. I said that it was pretty bush league for an entire alliance to call out a single nation.

[quote]Want this to end? Convince your gov't that they aren't really winning and that it'll be easier for them to ask for terms. 3. you have had a reasonnable offer on your table for a while, your own gov't chose to turn it down and mock us with a joke of a counter-offer. 4. MK - as a whole - does know Legion is objectively a terrible alliance. The difference is that you think, we know.
[/quote]

Nope. In fact I'm trying to convince my government not to accept any terms where reps are involved. My opinion in this being how does paying reps help? NPO as well many others including Legion have paid reps before. All paying reps did was get NPO pre-empted. As far as Legion's concerned we activated a defensive treaty when our partner was attacked aggressively. I guess your reason for wanting us to pay reps can be summed up in war reason #2 above.

As far as our counter-offer was concerned you know damn well it was in line with past negotiations. Besides it's pretty ludicrous for the sponsor of the WAE and WPE contests to accuse others of "mocking".

The Legion? Again you're entitled to your opinion, but for me it's been a great community that helped me grow, gave me opportunities to help others, and have a lot of fun while doing it. I'm truly sorry that you see it so differently, and especially sorry that it seems you have no concrete reason to feel the way you do.

Edited by LeonidasRexII

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1302305096' post='2687134']
You recieved 3 war aid slots by the end of the first round of the conflict, if you needed it then, then you needed it throughout ;) Granted you wasnt the most hungry for aid at the beginning since mrwuss got sent 15mill within the first round :P
[/quote]
Well i wanted a badge so i attacked nuclear nations.
and i actually ZI'd a few.[and got zi'd by 7 nukes but what the hell]

Edited by Lord Velox

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1302341928' post='2687342']
If DH come out of this war strong we will become that in the eyes of their propagandists.
[/quote]

:frantic:
[ooc]:awesome: literally, I spit on my screen here laughing. :awesome:[/ooc]

Edited by William Bonney

Being evil is what motivates them and their reason for being, other than MK who tries to make themselves out to be the good guys in order to manipulate people onto their side for PR purposes at times, most of them have been pretty open about priding themselves upon being unjust, as well as the names some members have chosen for their alliance or previous bloc they've been part of attracting similar minded people, who also want power to use for the same types of purposes.

Some don't control a nation because they want to be the good guy and morally just when dealing with others, but the exact opposite and want to be strong enough so they don't need to treat those with less power than them fairly.

For example MHA is mostly content growing their stats and building relations with other alliances so they're powerful enough to be safe from ending up on the losing side of a war, as members debate what the right thing to do is when reacting to a situation. Many of them want to do whats right, so they often times weigh their treaty obligations versus what the right thing to do from a moral perspective might be. I would consider MHA in the middle (6 or 7 maybe) on a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being an alliance who finds pleasure in using their power to hurt others and 10 being an alliance who always wants to use their power to do whats right and help those who are being treated unfairly.

The alliances in Doomhouse I would consider to all to be rated within the range of 1-4, with all of them tilting towards enjoying to be the bad guy when dealing with others and their attitudes on being unjust toward others being what bring them together.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1302678095' post='2689935']
Being evil is what motivates them and their reason for being, other than MK who tries to make themselves out to be the good guys in order to manipulate people onto their side for PR purposes at times, most of them have been pretty open about priding themselves upon being unjust, as well as the names some members have chosen for their alliance or previous bloc they've been part of attracting similar minded people, who also want power to use for the same types of purposes.

Some don't control a nation because they want to be the good guy and morally just when dealing with others, but the exact opposite and want to be strong enough so they don't need to treat those with less power than them fairly.

For example MHA is mostly content growing their stats and building relations with other alliances so they're powerful enough to be safe from ending up on the losing side of a war, as members debate what the right thing to do is when reacting to a situation. Many of them want to do whats right, so they often times weigh their treaty obligations versus what the right thing to do from a moral perspective might be. I would consider MHA in the middle (6 or 7 maybe) on a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being an alliance who finds pleasure in using their power to hurt others and 10 being an alliance who always wants to use their power to do whats right and help those who are being treated unfairly.

The alliances in Doomhouse I would consider to all to be rated within the range of 1-4, with all of them tilting towards enjoying to be the bad guy when dealing with others and their attitudes on being unjust toward others being what bring them together.
[/quote]

You know, I really can't take you seriously after reading your mercy board entries.

[quote name='Deki' timestamp='1302678421' post='2689938']
You know, I really can't take you seriously after reading your mercy board entries.
[/quote]
They modified so many of my posts to say ridiculous stuff there, I wouldn't trust anything it shows as being posted by me there as what I really said.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1302679215' post='2689944']
They modified so many of my posts to say ridiculous stuff there, I wouldn't trust anything it shows as being posted by me there as what I really said.
[/quote]

Uh-huh... right...

[quote name='Louisa' timestamp='1302287485' post='2686978']My biggest regret is that I did not apply there when I was born on Bob

(hello +Zeke+)[/quote]

But if you had joined them first you would not have met me. :P

How are you doing these days, young lady? ^_^

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1302679215' post='2689944']
[/quote]

Good call Mether. If I were you I wouldn't trust what you said either.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1302341928' post='2687342']
If DH come out of this war strong we will become that in the eyes of their propagandists.
[/quote]

Propaganda and DH have nothing to do with it. Actions over time have proven the case. I would actually expect if they come out strong their propagandists might want to try something less obviously true, for a challenge.

[quote name='Deki' timestamp='1302679328' post='2689945']
Uh-huh... right...
[/quote]
That you guys are now claiming all those posts are written by me and not your admins/mods messing around just further shows how unworthy of trust GOONS are and why nobody should ever sign up on your forums to try getting peace, even though most unaligned nations attacked by you guys who fight back are told that is the only option. That even the GOONS membership has been fooled into thinking all those posts were my words, when Jamezbod even admitted to modifying some as joke shows how gullible the general membership is and easily manipulated into thinking what your leaders want.

That you guys force people to sign up on your forum who you tech raid and have them post on your mercy board to try making yourselves feel like you have power over them, as your leadership modifies posts they don't want their members seeing to try making those who say things critical of GOONS look like they are saying the opposite is all the more reason you guys shouldn't be treated as a legitimate alliance and your nations destroyed until you move off the AA, along with those in Doomhouse who support your system destroyed.

I'm surprised RV joined you guys regardless of it being part of terms, while his reputation wasn't perfect, joining GOONS has ruined his credibiliy more than anything else he's done. GOONS is an alliance who isn't strong at all, but with alliances like MK and Umbrella propping you up, you abuse whatever power they give you enough to make their reputations sink with you guys, as you spread lies about your opponents both internally and externally for amusement. Sooner GOONS are gone, the better CN will be.

Edited by Methrage