If DoomHouse isn't evil

LittleRena

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1302196990' post='2686215']
I was not aware that Valhalla was in this conflict. Man I feel like such a noob right now. :huh:
[/quote]

I think it's your tone that is the most irritating. I can't stand your [i]tone[/i]. It's awful. I can't even hear you speak but the condescention is maddening.

That being said, I doubt it's speakerwire's first rodeo around here, judging from how he posts, however. I'm sure there are some old GOONS in the new GOONS recruits. There are hundreds if not thousands out there somewhere.

And if Hal is going to be a detractor of GOONS at every opportunity it's pretty easy for him to be mislabelled as "the opposition". Because, he appears to be opposed to us.

It feels really good to be beating you guys, by the way. I hope you choose option B forever.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1302197376' post='2686217']
I think it's your tone that is the most irritating. I can't stand your [i]tone[/i]. It's awful. I can't even hear you speak but the condescention is maddening.
[/quote]

Mission accomplished
[quote]
That being said, I doubt it's speakerwire's first rodeo around here, judging from how he posts, however. I'm sure there are some old GOONS in the new GOONS recruits. There are hundreds if not thousands out there somewhere.
[/quote]
His apparent lack of any clue of cn aside from what has been brainwashed into him leaves me that impression, but then I suppose there are other possibilites.

[quote]
And if Hal is going to be a detractor of GOONS at every opportunity it's pretty easy for him to be mislabelled as "the opposition". Because, he appears to be opposed to us.
[/quote]

I believe Hal is voicing his opinion as a neutral third party as is his right to do so, but as far as I have seen from this conflict such a thing cannot be allowed to exist.
[quote]

It feels really good to be beating you guys, by the way. I hope you choose option B forever.
[/quote]

The feeling is mutual.

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='In Spades' timestamp='1302198004' post='2686221']
wtf is up with all the furry pictures? Did I miss a meeting?
[/quote]

The answers you seek shall be found [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=675&showentry=2890]elsewhere[/url]

[quote name='In Spades' timestamp='1302200160' post='2686234']
Thanks man

Where's shark week when you need it?
[/quote]

No clue here, but who knows. I've heard that what goes around comes around, but it seems like it was just an urban legend.

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1302197376' post='2686217']
And if Hal is going to be a detractor of GOONS at every opportunity it's pretty easy for him to be mislabelled as "the opposition". Because, he appears to be opposed to us.[/quote]

I'm opposed to the war in general at this point. Not that I'm a pacifist...actually the notion is rather amusing. I just see no further reason to continue the conflict. DH proved its point weeks ago when NpO surrendered. That GOONS behind closed doors has made all sorts of reparations demands that are holding up the peace process now makes them an obstacle to peace (not the only one, but certain one), thus I personally oppose them. If it appears that I've always opposed GOONS (at least this version of GOONS, back in the day I called the old GOONS an ally), that is demonstratively false. However, they do seem to come up with new things to dislike them over on a regular basis. <_<

[i]OOC: Quite honestly I place a much higher value on any single player who is currently a member of Legion/NPO/TPF/etc. and is wavering about whether they want to stick with the game because they got wrecked in this war and aren't looking forward to having their alliance under terms for several months over any 200 GOONS players who are here only for the war and will delete once it's over. Everyone should...food for thought I suppose.[/i]

Disregarding the byplay of the last few pages I figure the choice of Doomhouse was due to me closing up of the DOOM alliance last year and everyone scrambled to make use of such a cool name somehow. I've seen several new alliances use doom somewhere in their name recently as well. Should have copyrighted the name when I had the chance.

See how I made this all about me? Awesome. :D

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1302201858' post='2686242']That GOONS behind closed doors has made all sorts of reparations demands that are holding up the peace process now makes them an obstacle to peace (not the only one, but certain one), thus I personally oppose them. [/quote]

As far as I know, there is only a [b]single condition to peace:[/b] All NPO nations must exit Peace Mode and fight for one month.

That's it. No reparations, no disarmament, no humiliating surrender posts. Just a good solid fight.

Instead, NPO's leadership is content to watch their allies and non-PM nations burn to the ground while they hide in peace mode.

Who's the evil one here again?

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1302197765' post='2686218']
His apparent lack of any clue of cn aside from what has been brainwashed into him leaves me that impression, but then I suppose there are other possibilites.[/quote]

A party does not have to wage war or take up arms to stand in opposition to something. Chairman Hal obviously stands in oppostion to the GOONS existence.

[quote]I believe Hal is voicing his opinion as a neutral third party as is his right to do so, but as far as I have seen from this conflict such a thing cannot be allowed to exist.[/quote]

How can you claim he's neutral when he has already displayed his bias outright in frank terms?

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1302201858' post='2686242']
[i]OOC: Quite honestly I place a much higher value on any single player who is currently a member of Legion/NPO/TPF/etc. and is wavering about whether they want to stick with the game because they got wrecked in this war and aren't looking forward to having their alliance under terms for several months over any 200 GOONS players who are here only for the war and will delete once it's over. Everyone should...food for thought I suppose.[/i]
[/quote]

Several months?

One month of unobstructed war, assuming it even lasts that long.

Edited by speakerwire

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302206560' post='2686271']
A party does not have to wage war or take up arms to stand in opposition to something. Chairman Hal obviously stands in oppostion to the GOONS existence.

How can you claim he's neutral when he has already displayed his bias outright in frank terms?
[/quote]

I think you've found a greater menace then the evil peace mode one, congrats. We must band together and end this terrible threat to society immediately. You have my axe.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1302201858' post='2686242']
I'm opposed to the war in general at this point. Not that I'm a pacifist...actually the notion is rather amusing. I just see no further reason to continue the conflict. DH proved its point weeks ago when NpO surrendered. That GOONS behind closed doors has made all sorts of reparations demands that are holding up the peace process now makes them an obstacle to peace (not the only one, but certain one), thus I personally oppose them. If it appears that I've always opposed GOONS (at least this version of GOONS, back in the day I called the old GOONS an ally), that is demonstratively false. However, they do seem to come up with new things to dislike them over on a regular basis. <_<

[/quote]
"TERMS"=NPO's upper echelon leaving peace mode.
These are some of the most reasonable terms i've ever heard of,considering the fact that if we were Neutral Shoving the terms would be crippling(i know, I've been a part of Neutral Shoving back at '07) i see no reason for you to dislike us as compared to them.

Many people called Neutral Shoving allies,it's a shame their behavior signaled otherwise :awesome: .

Edited by Lord Velox

[quote name='Lord Velox' timestamp='1302207403' post='2686277']
These are some of the most reasonable terms i've ever heard of,considering the fact that if we were Neutral Shoving the terms would be crippling(i know, I've been a part of Neutral Shoving back at '07) i see no reason for you to dislike us as compared to them.

Many people called Neutral Shoving allies,it's a shame their behavior signaled otherwise :awesome: .
[/quote]

Contradictory terms =/= reasonable terms.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1302207080' post='2686276']
I think you've found a greater menace then the evil peace mode one, congrats. We must band together and end this terrible threat to society immediately. You have my axe.
[/quote]

When you have something to add that isn't gibberish, propogandist newspeak or doublethink - we'll talk then.

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302207747' post='2686283']
When you have something to add that isn't gibberish, propogandist newspeak or doublethink - we'll talk then.
[/quote]
All I have are cookies and beer. But since your a goon I am going to assume you'd want the chewy chips ahoy and light beer. That works out rather well, that way I can save the good stuff for my fans. :smug:

[quote name='NowaCorp' timestamp='1302205932' post='2686261']
As far as I know, there is only a [b]single condition to peace:[/b] All NPO nations must exit Peace Mode and fight for one month.

That's it. No reparations, no disarmament, no humiliating surrender posts. Just a good solid fight.

Instead, NPO's leadership is content to watch their allies and non-PM nations burn to the ground while they hide in peace mode.

Who's the evil one here again?[/quote]

Whomever told you that there was only one condition for peace...unless of course the demands for tech, cash, and such have been dropped in the past week, then that would put a whole different spin on things. My suggestion: ask GOONS leadership what they are asking for to give peace to NPO's allies.

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1302202684' post='2686244']
I'm pretty evil. Just sayin'.[/quote]

As King of Purple it is your right, Sovereign.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='NowaCorp' timestamp='1302205932' post='2686261']

[/quote]

What? I guess I must have imagined those billions of dollars in reps and thousands of forced tech deals then.

What is evil but an individuals concept? One could argue those that don't choose to oppose them are the evil ones. One could argue that if someone opposed them for their actions, they'd be evil for doing so because Doomhouse has its own internal reasons that some see as justified. Is DH perfect? No. It was made by humans. Are we not affiliated with DH allowed to pass judgement? Of course not. We are human as well.

[quote name='Grabem' timestamp='1302209698' post='2686301']
What? I guess I must have imagined those billions of dollars in reps and thousands of forced tech deals then.
[/quote]
That's what they keep telling me too. Sounds like an odd coincidence, there must be something really fishy going on. Excuse my while I tend to my mushroom garden. I got fed up when a fanatical and armed loon made such a terrible mess of things. I've concluded that someone went on a reckless rampage for no reason, but I still can't figure out why.

[quote name='Lord Velox' timestamp='1302207403' post='2686277']

Many people called Neutral Shoving allies,it's a shame their behavior signaled otherwise :awesome: .[/quote]

It's fair to say that \m/ wasn't ready for the Unjust War and it showed. We had just come through a series of leadership crises the previous month, warchests were inadequate (verging on pathetic), and we were an alliance built for shock and awe, not a long grinding war. None of that factored into \m/'s commitment to GOONS as an ally, they do help to explain why we didn't stick around longer in the war...oh and being outnumbered more than 3 to 1 in a nuke war didn't help much either.

I was an ally of the old GOONS and I've never "run away" from that. Indeed a few GOONS found shelter at Browncoats while I was in charge there and they were welcomed. That said, I detested the actions of certain members in the old GOONS leadership (and I will not rehash what those were...you should know) toward the end of old GOONS reign on Planet Bob and ultimately they probably got what was coming to them. It reflected very poorly on the vast majority (people such as Schatt and Louisa) who's only crime was picking GOONS as an AA.

Now that we've finished the trip down memory lane, this is a different world than it was in 2007. Simply put, there isn't as much tolerance for some of the antics we used to get away with back then and looking back now we gave people more than their share of grief (there were also a lot more us around...but I digress). My hope has been that we could moderate the excesses mutually agree to drop some of the b.s. that is hurting Planet Bob and in the end everyone wins, even if they just got their butts kicked in the latest war. People should shake hands and walk away--either determined to do better or content with their level of victory. I've seen some of that going on in this war and I've given kudos where kudos were due (yes, VE I'm looking at you), but some people are intent on keeping the old ways. Things must change.

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302207747' post='2686283']
[/quote]

From the guy that brought you "Banks run NPO" :lol1: (I see the smilie still hasn't changed <_< )

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1302213704' post='2686347']
From the guy that brought you "Banks run NPO" :lol1: (I see the smilie still hasn't changed <_< )
[/quote]

I still stand by my stance that NPO leadership is comically inept at the national level - which at the very least can lead one to assume that they're not exactly the brains behind the operation.