If DoomHouse isn't evil

LittleRena

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302137465' post='2685823']
This entire discussion provides the proof you seek.
[/quote]

The problem with this argument is that nothing said in this topic is nothing I haven't already said for the duration of the war, no one has swayed my opinion one way or the other, I don't see how that is, as you say, moving the goalposts, where have I moved them and when?
[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/vzf29g.jpg[/IMG]

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1302137588' post='2685824']
The problem with this argument is that nothing said in this topic is nothing I haven't already said for the duration of the war, no one has swayed my opinion one way or the other, I don't see how that is, as you say, moving the goalposts, where have I moved them and when?
[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/vzf29g.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

The problem with this argument is that you fail to define 'evil' as you see it, which allows you to bypass others views or interpretations of 'evil'. You do this several times.

You also fail to determine how evil plays v. morals or ethics. Which in a sense ties back to point one as it means that you have room to vary your interpretation to suit your needs.

Ultimately this was a faulty argument from the get go as you did a poor job defining the parameters for discussion.

Edited by speakerwire

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1302091425' post='2685426']
with cultural divides like this how can we ever hope for peace?
[/quote]
We don't have to be the same to get along. I disliked the video, but is that a CB? No, I'm not that intolerant or war-hungry. I might not like your culture, but I won't stop you from doing what you please.

Unless if breaks the common rules such as "One shall not spy on another one during peace time" or "One shall not randomly throw around E-ZI sentences" or "One shall not trash another alliance's website". Then it's fair games.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302137844' post='2685827']
The problem with this argument is that you fail to define 'evil' as you see it, which allows you to bypass others views or interpretations of 'evil'. You do this several times.

You also fail to determine how evil plays v. morals or ethics. Which in a sense ties back to point one as it means that you have room to vary your interpretation to suit your needs.

Ultimately this was a faulty argument from the get go as you did a poor job defining the parameters for discussion.
[/quote]

I can't vary it since I already went through why I thought that back when you and others gave examples, did you expect a well thought out opening from me? I gave you my opinions and now you're just not happy with them so you'll try to find anything to suggest that I'm not willing to listen to discussion or arguments. But nither you nor anyone from DH have given anything to suggest otherwise but go for it, why aren't DoomHouse evil?
[right][IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2d9xuzt.jpg[/IMG][/right]

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1302138212' post='2685831']
did you expect a well thought out opening from me?[/quote]

Had you done so you probably would have gotten less mockery and derision within your realm of discussion.

[quote]I'm not willing to listen to discussion or arguments.[/quote]

You pick a particularly contentious topic, that's reasonable as it is current. You choose to address the issue in a juvenile manner. You fail to define terms to allow for reasonable discussion.

I could go on, but just those three in particular are grounds enough to base a sound assumption that this line of debate was not picked up to sate your intellictual curiousities - but rather to muck drag and instigate conflict.

Edited by speakerwire

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302138659' post='2685835']
Had you done so you probably would have gotten less mockery and derision within your realm of discussion.[/quote]

Deal with it.
[right][IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/a9my3t.jpg[/IMG][/right]

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302138659' post='2685835']
-Other stuff-
[/quote]

I just gave you the oppertunity to tell me why DoomHouse isn't evil but you [i]cleverly[/i] avoided this question.
[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2m4aliq.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1302138920' post='2685842']
I just gave you the oppertunity to tell me why DoomHouse isn't evil but you [i]cleverly[/i] avoided this question.
[/quote]

Much in the way you avoid addressing how this debate was likely brought up for the sole purpose of instigation.

:ph34r:

Edited by speakerwire

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302137115' post='2685817']
The difference is I don't start avenues for discussion when I already have my mind made up.

Your 'opinion' isn't open to being changed, hence preaching rather than discussion.

I would like to point to this, fellow representatives, as an example of what the people of my nation call 'butt hurt'.
[/quote]

I thought you were sadists? :huh: I'll send you an apology package post haste, but it will have to be relayed through Tora Tora Tora first. Routes can be tricky that way.

[quote]There was no question. You asked if I was NPO, I said I was. What exactly would I be keeping in motion by changing alliances?. [/quote]

[quote]Cager, on 05 April 2011 - 01:13 PM, said:
Sounds familiar eh?. Almost like it's been done.....before?. Oh look at what alliance you're in.[/quote]

Nothing, nothing at all.

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302139086' post='2685845']
Much in the way you avoid addressing how this debate was likely brought up for the sole purpose of instigation.

:ph34r:
[/quote]
Funny words coming from someone who's member title is instigating. Wow there's a lot of slinky's around in goons.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1302140385' post='2685857']
I thought you were sadists? :huh: I'll send you an apology package post haste, but it will have to be relayed through Tora Tora Tora first. Routes can be tricky that way.
[/quote]

It's so cute how you try to 'zap' people, If only you were better at it. :unsure:

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302146016' post='2685934']
It's so cute how you try to 'zap' people, If only you were better at it. :unsure:
[/quote]
My force lightning is getting kinda weak lately, thanks for noticing. I'll be FANtastic again soon enough. You guys still going to return?

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302146016' post='2685934']
[/quote]
Correct me if I'm wrong but I assume you're a new GOONS member that came over in the recent wave a few days ago. If that is the case then why are you in a position to lecture about alliance wide war strategy and CN history that has led up to this war?

[quote name='Grabem' timestamp='1302153680' post='2686017']
Correct me if I'm wrong but I assume you're a new GOONS member that came over in the recent wave a few days ago. If that is the case then why are you in a position to lecture about alliance wide war strategy and CN history that has led up to this war?
[/quote]

Where do I lecture?

What I do happen to do is question. Sometimes I question motive, though generally I question competence, as a nations founding date has no bearing on the amount or quality of it.

But please, do tell how anything I say or think is invalid because 'I don't know' or 'Hah, you're only X days old'. It's refreshing to hear these thing as my military ravages the anarchied nation of Rothinzil scrounging for money and technology.

Edited by speakerwire

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302154332' post='2686025']
Where do I lecture?

What I do happen to do is question. Sometimes I question motive, though generally I question competence, as a nations founding date has no bearing on the amount or quality of it.

But please, do tell how anything I say or think is invalid because 'I don't know' or 'Hah, you're only X days old'. It's refreshing to hear these thing as my military ravages the anarchied nation of Rothinzil scrounging for money and technology.
[/quote]
Forgive me if I came across as hostile but that's basically exactly what I was saying (though hopefully in a nicer tone). The fact is that you are a new player with a young nation recruited to fight in the middle of an ongoing war. The guides you've read might have taught you how to fight an individual war or to get your trades set but they don't teach you alliance wide tactics and strategy. Your leaders may have given you a summary of past events but you haven't experienced any of them for yourself nor do you actually know the people you are fighting. You've joined in medias res and at this point are just following orders, reading propaganda, and watching bickering on the OWF. You may have some information and knowledge about CN but you don't have experience or wisdom.

Your earlier posts in this thread give the impression that you don't fully understand the game. You don't seem to understand the importance of the upper tier to fund and rebuild the lower tier (what DH is doing with all those aid packages during the war and NPO is planning to do in the post war period), presenting your own perspective on what is reasonable for reparations when you seem to have no experience, believing that the peace offered will make it easier for the defeated to rebuild and come back, making judgments on the general membership of certain alliances being friendlier than others, saying that you need time to get to know different alliances but then pronouncing judgment on NPO without putting in any time yourself... that kind of stuff.

I'd rather not go into more detail about the specifics of your statements as these sorts of things have been mentioned ad nauseum in the past few weeks but I will if you'd like.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1302053216' post='2685139']
[b]doom   [/b]
–noun 1. fate or destiny, especially adverse fate; unavoidable ill fortune 2. ruin; death 3. a judgment, decision, or sentence, especially an unfavorable one 4. the Last Judgment, at the end of the [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/world"]world[/url].
–verb (used with object) 6. to destine, especially to an adverse fate. [b]7. to [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pronounce"]pronounce[/url][/b][b] judgment against; condemn.[/b] 8. to ordain or fix as a sentence or fate.

DoomHouse, or that place in which Doom resides, can't be directly associated with evil simply due to it's name. After all which of the definitions above describe evil or an evil act? I'll grant you that fortune and death are certainly distasteful, but not evil in and of themselves.

There is one definition that does stand out to me as most closely describing the inhabitants of DoomHouse. #7, bolded for your convenience, seems to fit DHians to a tee. Aren't they always complaining about how lacking everyone else is, and how their disdain for our ineptitude has forced them to attack? Their pronouncement "Everything. Must. Die.", is the Doom they wish on all who haven't lived up to their lofty ideals so I'll now call them CondemnHouse.

Now is attacking others simply because they're different then yourself, evil? You decide.
[/quote]

[quote name='Lord Velox' timestamp='1302084245' post='2685394']
SORRY BUT NO.
thats another reference...
Both are references and are not connected in any way to the reasons stated above.
Your skills at Oration are as good as your skills in fighting wars.
[/quote]

So if DoomHouse is just a reference and not connected to what I said above then how do you explain this:

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1302102998' post='2685499']...[size="4"][font="Comic Sans MS"] [size="2"]in light that Legion is an objectively terrible alliance, I command you, my brothers and sisters in faith, to take up arms and, again, march to jihad. We crushed the Christian Coalition of Countries, we will now obliterate Legion. [/size][/font][/size][/quote]

Not even a day after I accused them of condemning others just because they think that they're, and I quote, "an objectively terrible alliance". The Mushroom Kingdom condemns Legion for being "an objectively terrible alliance". There's probably nothing that I could say or do to convince you that your spongy friends want blood for blood's sake, but what about their own words?

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1302168822' post='2686095']
Not even a day after I accused them of condemning others just because they think that they're, and I quote, "an objectively terrible alliance". The Mushroom Kingdom condemns Legion for being "an objectively terrible alliance". There's probably nothing that I could say or do to convince you that your spongy friends want blood for blood's sake, but what about their own words?
[/quote]

Mushqaeda did. Unless a so called MK announcement is signed by Ardus/lebubu or Archon (or one of the Lords), you can safely assume it's not an official Mushroom Kingdom announcement. Mushqaeda did. You tried to get cute with Mushqaeda and you burnt your fingers. The rest of your body will soon follow.

Edited by potato

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1302169340' post='2686097']
Mushqaeda did. Unless a so called MK announcement is signed by Ardus/lebubu or Archon (or one of the Lords), you can safely assume it's not an official Mushroom Kingdom announcement. Mushqaeda did. You tried to get cute with Mushqaeda and you burnt your fingers. The rest of your body will soon follow.
[/quote]

Idle threats from little people do amuse me.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1302169771' post='2686100']
Idle threats from little people do amuse me.
[/quote]

Seeing as I'm high gov't in an alliance participating in the crushing of both your and his alliance, I'm sure the bunker in the middle of the wasteland that used to be your crippled nation does seem amusing.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1302173702' post='2686108']
Seeing as I'm high gov't in an alliance participating in the crushing of both your and his alliance, I'm sure the bunker in the middle of the wasteland that used to be your crippled nation does seem amusing.
[/quote]

Ah, so a little man with some credentials. I stand corrected...

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1302173702' post='2686108']
Seeing as I'm high gov't in an alliance participating in the crushing of both your and his alliance, I'm sure the bunker in the middle of the wasteland that used to be your crippled nation does seem amusing.[/quote]

Oh he's pretty much cratered at this point.

Your crater on the other hand has cable TV. Congratulations? <_<

Hopefully no one notices you sitting there at DEFCON 5 and $3 mill in cash, though if you're lucky all that tech you have scares off the small fish.

Il n'y a jamais un moment pour de l'arrogance.

[quote name='Grabem' timestamp='1302157907' post='2686051']
Forgive me if I came across as hostile but that's basically exactly what I was saying (though hopefully in a nicer tone). The fact is that you are a new player with a young nation recruited to fight in the middle of an ongoing war. The guides you've read might have taught you how to fight an individual war or to get your trades set but they don't teach you alliance wide tactics and strategy. Your leaders may have given you a summary of past events but you haven't experienced any of them for yourself nor do you actually know the people you are fighting. You've joined in medias res and at this point are just following orders, reading propaganda, and watching bickering on the OWF. You may have some information and knowledge about CN but you don't have experience or wisdom.

Your earlier posts in this thread give the impression that you don't fully understand the game. You don't seem to understand the importance of the upper tier to fund and rebuild the lower tier (what DH is doing with all those aid packages during the war and NPO is planning to do in the post war period), presenting your own perspective on what is reasonable for reparations when you seem to have no experience, believing that the peace offered will make it easier for the defeated to rebuild and come back, making judgments on the general membership of certain alliances being friendlier than others, saying that you need time to get to know different alliances but then pronouncing judgment on NPO without putting in any time yourself... that kind of stuff.

I'd rather not go into more detail about the specifics of your statements as these sorts of things have been mentioned ad nauseum in the past few weeks but I will if you'd like.
[/quote]

Well played Grabem, well played.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1302185740' post='2686153']
Oh he's pretty much cratered at this point.

Your crater on the other hand has cable TV. Congratulations? <_<

Hopefully no one notices you sitting there at DEFCON 5 and $3 mill in cash, though if you're lucky all that tech you have scares off the small fish.

Il n'y a jamais un moment pour de l'arrogance.
[/quote]

I have never claimed to be a war machine. In fact, it's a widely accepted fact I have one of the worse nation to ever live on this planet. Outside good ol' Ivan, of course. What point are you trying to make? That I've been in PM for 3 days after being staggered and/or staggering since day 1 of this war? Coulda just asked me, I'd have told you so: you don't have to be a published novelist or a rocket scientist to notice.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1302191336' post='2686183']
I have never claimed to be a war machine. In fact, it's a widely accepted fact I have one of the worse nation to ever live on this planet. Outside good ol' Ivan, of course. What point are you trying to make? That I've been in PM for 3 days after being staggered and/or staggering since day 1 of this war? Coulda just asked me, I'd have told you so: you don't have to be a published novelist or a rocket scientist to notice.
[/quote]

I wouldn't bother, it's just the opposition looking for any means and methods to discount whatever you say.

Dastardly, really.

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1302192279' post='2686189']
I wouldn't bother, it's just the opposition looking for any means and methods to discount whatever you say.

Dastardly, really.
[/quote]
I was not aware that Valhalla was in this conflict. Man I feel like such a noob right now. :huh: