Global United Nations

Mason

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1301885453' post='2683756']
Did not like your last incarnation, but from one green team member to another, I hope you see success for the betterment of the sphere.
[/quote]

Thanks. I do, too. We're happy to be on Green and wouldn't want it any other way.

[quote name='MFC' timestamp='1301884602' post='2683750']
Hope someone uses shout to mglockwo as a CB for war, he was not a fan of many
[/quote]

Wasn't aware of that. It's been a very long time since I've last spoken with him.

[quote name='Mason' timestamp='1301920839' post='2683957']
Thanks for your support.
[/quote]

You've already succeeded in escaping some of the shackles of your past just by zenergy not being involved in this.

I had a chance years ago to help make GUN when Glock told me he was making an alliance while he was gov't for my first alliance... I regreted not taking that leap of faith when GUN became pretty successful so its really nice to see that you guys are trying to make a come back :)

o/ GUN

Edited by Masterchief777

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1301861267' post='2683555']
Essentially all you said was that you've never done anything to prove you have any leadership traits, yes? Which would not qualify you to say if he is or isn't a very good leader unless you had first hand experience with his leadership capabilities, which you don't have either that I am aware of.

If you want to bag on someone's leadership qualities, please show some of your own first. [/quote]
Your argument doesn't hold as much water as you think it does. Simply because I have not yet proven myself to be a capable leader does not mean I cannot comment on the bad leadership of someone else. I know what leadership is and how to be a good leader, and I freely admit, I haven't created my own alliance and successfully led it for more than a month, but that still doesn't mean I am not "qualified" to comment on the leadership of others. I worked right under Zhaan (literally, he was in the position above mine) during some of my tenure at BCOM, and I know that he does have some good leadership traits but what I have seen recently is not exemplary of them.

Really, if people needed to be qualified to bag on others' leadership qualities, you wouldn't see half of the debate you do out here.

[quote name='Mason' timestamp='1301872296' post='2683633']
I appreciate it. In all honesty, Hadrian's concerns have nothing to do with any past VE affiliation. We were both in Blackstone Commission together. BCOM faced the same issues the UNSC came up against, and I walked away. With the UNSC, it started strong as many new alliances do, and also faded fast...as many new alliances do. I put forth a lot of work into UNSC and after trying to rally and giving specific instruction to my top government, there was no action from the majority of them and this went on for two weeks. I got frustrated, considering there were only 13 of us left, and only 2-3 doing anything, so I declared UNSC disbanded and shut down the forums. I deleted and left. It was the wrong move. After a cooling off period, I came back with a new nation and apologized to those left that I had let down. The ones left apologized as well and we discussed our options...merging, disbanding, keep going as UNSC, or forming a new theme and carry on. Thus, GUN was reborn.

The membership of GUN have my solemn vow that if I decide to throw in the towel, the alliance administration will be turned over to those who wish to carry it on. Our first elections will also be held at the beginning of May. They can decide who they want to lead. I'm fine with any role and I'm just happy to call GUN home once again.
[/quote]
What is nagging me is why you're starting again so soon. You've just failed at UNSC, so why start another alliance, especially if you know there is a good chance you might have to depart again? I appreciate what GUN means to you, I do, but in starting it now, you've doomed it to failure. Not to mention, you have not solved the inactivity problem, as you have brought some of those same members over from UNSC.

I'll take my leave now, but I hope people can see the gaping holes here. Good luck and all, you're going to need it.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1301853361' post='2683497']
[i]
[/i]Well, I'm actually more than qualified to make that statement. For starters, I have never bailed on my alliance whilst in the highest leadership position, especially not an alliance I created with my own hands (saying that, I have not created my own alliance (unless co-founder counts), nor have I been in the highest leadership position of one. Yet.) and I would not dream of doing such a thing. I also wouldn't use OOC excuses to do such a thing. Additionally, I don't spontaneously leave my former alliance in a mess only to create another alliance and suddenly bring half the members from that alliance over to the new one.
[/quote]
Don't you think that it's possible, just maybe, that he had... OOC reasons for doing so? Which is what he said?

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1301923389' post='2683973']
You've already succeeded in escaping some of the shackles of your past just by zenergy not being involved in this.
[/quote]

Well smooches to you too, cupcake.

:wub:

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1302020303' post='2684698']
Was GUN the alliance that did a lot of largescale techdealing?
[/quote]

I believe so, but I wasn't with the former GUN for much of the last 2 years of it's existence.

I served with Zhaan/Mason at BCOM as well as at UNSC. Through my times with him I have seen a great leader in him, and at times I seen the worst leader. I've seen twice when you have bailed when things get tough, it happens, learn from it, grow from it. You have a great chance at success here with good members under you. You couldn't ask for anyone more dedicated or loyal than Semper at your side. Any alliance would be better with him in it. The tools are there now all you have to do is use em to make GUN a success, I think you can do it.

Now the tough part will be when things in the alliance are tough or falling apart, thats when you need to be at your best, not your worst. When the pieces fall you need to be strong enough to pick them up instead of falling with them. Another bit of advice would be that even if you have a clear idea on how something is to be the one doing it might not, if they come to you asking for help, for guidance don't blow them off take the time and work out the kinks with them. If someone knows you want it a certain way but is not certain how to do it they need your leadership. If not then it will not get done.

If you can overcome these things then I see great things for GUN. If you can't overcome these things then it will never work for you.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1301923389' post='2683973']
[/quote]

The thing is Zenergy > Goldielax25, so your argument is invalid.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1302046046' post='2685046']
The thing is Zenergy > Goldielax25, so your argument is invalid.
[/quote]

I don't know how I can respond to such a scathing rebuttal.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1302046272' post='2685051']
I don't know how I can respond to such a scathing rebuttal.
[/quote]

You just did.

Nothing more needs to be said, you're you but Zenergy is awesome.

I am not exactly optimistic- but out of memory of the old alliance I'll give you my blessings anyway. Good luck, GUN. Don't $%&@ it up.

Edited by Kzoppistan