FOK Announcement

ArneS

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1301073684' post='2676120']
Can you please stop? You're going to break my bracket.
[/quote]
Not mine. I banked on him not having the sense to know when to quit and put him a bit far. Looks like it may pay off.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1301077457' post='2676167']
Unwarranted war of aggression? Man, that would be an amazing topic for [b]a play[/b]
[/quote]

Seems you have gotten confused with what a play is and what you are doing, did someone switch your diplomatic documents out with a manuscript then?

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1300998805' post='2674979']
NADC gov came to me directly to discuss surrender terms, so we went ahead and set up a meeting, they were going to receive white peace from ALL of us. TOP/MK/UMBRELLA. At the end of the meeting NADC gov declined our terms. We told them we'd give them a 3 day extension to reconsider our offer and they declined again.
[/quote]

I assumed NADC decline the terms because they did not want to leave their allies behind. That is to be commended not ridiculed. Much respect to them.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1301078334' post='2676188']
Seems you have gotten confused with what a play is and what you are doing, did someone switch your diplomatic documents out with a manuscript then?
[/quote]
You misunderstand. GOONS is giving CoJ the choice between paying them $400,000,000 or writing a 5-scene, 20-act Shakespearean play plus a base of $400,000,000 in reps to be reduced by a percentage based on the grade given to the play by GOONS. Sardonic is under the impression that we might actually ever write a play for him, so he keeps alluding to it.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301078731' post='2676193']
You misunderstand. GOONS is giving CoJ the choice between paying them $400,000,000 or writing a 5-scene, 20-act Shakespearean play plus a base of $400,000,000 in reps to be reduced by a percentage based on the grade given to the play by GOONS. Sardonic is under the impression that we might actually ever write a play for him, so he keeps alluding to it.
[/quote]
Don't forget, if you're unsure of your creative writing abilities, you can elect to take the ungraded option and just have a flat 100m and the play.

Still willing to negotiate on the length btw.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301078731' post='2676193']
[/quote]

Oh right, sorry.

Yeah, that's pretty stupid though, best of luck to CoJ.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301076973' post='2676161']
We have a common topic of conversation right now, "after this," as Khyber said, I'll have to dig.

You're very nice people that have spent 4 years supporting the attrocities of others.[/quote]

Schattypoo, don't sell yourself short. Without your hard work to bring down the NPO with your ever so enjoyable newletters, this attrocity may not be taking place right now. It is thanks to your time of painting NPO as the vile villian that people are sill hungering for their blood 2 years after Karma. You simply forgot to tell the world that NPO is no longer evil, and tell us who to hate next so all we got to hold on is your 2+ year old publications to guide us in these dark times.

In other words, stop being lazy and tell us who to hate if your not happy with who DH is hating on, so that we can feel good in our hate, and rejoice in our hate, and bring hate to all corners of the world so that the hate can last for years, because the hate your selling is morally correct and therefore just and this hate is simply an atrocity. We are lost without you oh great Schattypoo.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1301078862' post='2676196']
Don't forget, if you're unsure of your creative writing abilities, you can elect to take the ungraded option and just have a flat 100m and the play.

[/quote]
Old pal Sardonic
Hear me loud and clear: No play
That's the best you get

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1301079293' post='2676203']
Oh right, sorry.

Yeah, that's pretty stupid though, best of luck to CoJ.
[/quote]
Justitia always wins.

[quote name='Khyber' timestamp='1301079581' post='2676207']
Schattypoo, don't sell yourself short. Without your hard work to bring down the NPO with your ever so enjoyable newletters, this attrocity may not be taking place right now. It is thanks to your time of painting NPO as the vile villian that people are sill hungering for their blood 2 years after Karma. You simply forgot to tell the world that NPO is no longer evil, and tell us who to hate next so all we got to hold on is your 2+ year old publications to guide us in these dark times.

In other words, stop being lazy and tell us who to hate if your not happy with who DH is hating on, so that we can feel good in our hate, and rejoice in our hate, and bring hate to all corners of the world so that the hate can last for years, because the hate your selling is morally correct and therefore just and this hate is simply an atrocity. We are lost without you oh great Schattypoo.
[/quote]
Ah, a Schattenfan.
I can understand why you'd be bitter that I accomplished more with a weekly newsletter than you have in all your time as a lackie in Echelon, so I'll let that one go.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301079619' post='2676209']
Old pal Sardonic
Hear me loud and clear: No play
That's the best you get
[/quote]
Suit yourself, 400m will buy us a whole lot of love.

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1301078614' post='2676191']
I assumed NADC decline the terms because they did not want to leave their allies behind. That is to be commended not ridiculed. Much respect to them.
[/quote]

You see that would make sense if they didn't come and ask for peace talks to figure out surrender terms themselves. No one went to them to push the peace offer on them, they came asking for one. That is the silly part of all this.

Now I can understand they may have messed up there, miscommunication and what not, but really that is not to be commended. That is just jerking people around for !@#$% and giggles.

I bet if GOONS had done the same thing. Called you to a sit down for peace talks, and you realized that they had no plan on giving you peace because their allies are still at war, you would not be commending them, but calling rather called them on being jerks they are in this case.

[size="1"]Btw, I do not endourse this kind of behavior, so if the GOONS do such a thing, I do not back it. Or, maybe a little, just to hear you call them jerks, evil, bad and what have you, after those talks.[/size]

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1301080210' post='2676214']
Suit yourself, 400m will buy us a whole lot of love.
[/quote]
It will buy your alliance about 3 days without bill lock if the goon air lift thing is correct :P

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1301078862' post='2676196']

[/quote]
If they negotiated, they couldn't keep complaining about unreasonable reps.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301079619' post='2676209']
Ah, a Schattenfan.
I can understand why you'd be bitter that I accomplished more with a weekly newsletter than you have in all your time as a lackie in Echelon, so I'll let that one go.
[/quote]

But I'm not, that is what the Schatten seems to not understand. Just because I'm on this side doesn't make me bitter about your comments. Heck I agree with many of them however one thing stops me from going to your camp. War is fun. War was fun when the NpO supported the GOONS when they got attacked for tech raiding and my nation got beaten down. War was fun when I burned for two months in ZI as a FAN nation. I left Echelon when they refused to back up the NpO in a lossing war. And war along with the great lead up to war, continues to be the best part of the game. Sitting around one year for the next war was boring.

I came to realize that if we all play the good guys this game is very boreing. Xiph is a blessing to planet bob, even with all the hate directed at him I want to back him up just because he makes this game fun. A part of me feels guilty, but most of me has come to realize this is good for us all. So I would rather have fun then be bored to death sitting on a high horse. I advocated option 3 in TOP, form a seperate group of allies and seperate ourselves from most of this, but I realized that would kill the enjoyment for me even though that is where morality was guiding me as I refused to support NpO.

You used to say how the heg was killing this experience for the lot of us as things had become so boring. Well the new powers that be are doing evil things to get your blood boiling again so that you can do great things once again. Plot, scheme, publish propaganda, let the games begin. Light reps all around so that people can rebuild fast and give us a good war in the coming months. Unwarrented acts of aggression so that you have reason to hate. Humiliating reps that make a conflict last as long as someone cries wolf, so that you have tons of propaganda. You should be on cloud nine, but sadly all we get are your posts on "why would anyone want to talk to TOP" when your ignorance of the fact that they came to us suggesting an AtF when the war began makes you look silly. Honestly, I want to be a Scattenfan again, I want to hate or love you rather then feel pity for a bitter has been. So, in the imortalized words of the powers of any time period "do something about it!".

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1301081090' post='2676230']
If they negotiated, they couldn't keep complaining about unreasonable reps.
[/quote]
Look, Beef, close the curtains. First, that wasn't a complaint; I explained Sardonic's post to Rena after she misinterpreted it. Second, $400,000,000 is the amount that has been come to after negotiations, which have ocurred on several occasions. So basically to sum things up: shut up, idiot.

[quote name='Khyber' timestamp='1301081796' post='2676248']
But I'm not, that is what the Schatten seems to not understand. Just because I'm on this side doesn't make me bitter about your comments. Heck I agree with many of them however one thing stops me from going to your camp. War is fun. War was fun when the NpO supported the GOONS when they got attacked for tech raiding and my nation got beaten down. War was fun when I burned for two months in ZI as a FAN nation. I left Echelon when they refused to back up the NpO in a lossing war. And war along with the great lead up to war, continues to be the best part of the game. Sitting around one year for the next war was boring.

I came to realize that if we all play the good guys this game is very boreing. Xiph is a blessing to planet bob, even with all the hate directed at him I want to back him up just because he makes this game fun. A part of me feels guilty, but most of me has come to realize this is good for us all. So I would rather have fun then be bored to death sitting on a high horse. I advocated option 3 in TOP, form a seperate group of allies and seperate ourselves from most of this, but I realized that would kill the enjoyment for me even though that is where morality was guiding me as I refused to support NpO.

You used to say how the heg was killing this experience for the lot of us as things had become so boring. Well the new powers that be are doing evil things to get your blood boiling again so that you can do great things once again. Plot, scheme, publish propaganda, let the games begin. Light reps all around so that people can rebuild fast and give us a good war in the coming months. Unwarrented acts of aggression so that you have reason to hate. Humiliating reps that make a conflict last as long as someone cries wolf, so that you have tons of propaganda. You should be on cloud nine, but sadly all we get are your posts on "why would anyone want to talk to TOP" when your ignorance of the fact that they came to us suggesting an AtF when the war began makes you look silly. Honestly, I want to be a Scattenfan again, I want to hate or love you rather then feel pity for a bitter has been. So, in the imortalized words of the powers of any time period "do something about it!".
[/quote]
I have written countless explanations as to why this entire mindset is incorrect over the past year. Wther it's TOP or anyone else, formations of more bases is the only solution to the boredom that you're suffering from (not me, I've been having a blast for 4 years straight). Two only have the resources to do this once a year, that's why it's been a once-a-year thing for 4 years. You would think that I would not need to explain that to someone that has been here the whole time, but there you have it, apparently you are not an astute observer of reality.
Furthermore, the belief that by crushing every alliance that they thought might be a threat in the next 6 months is going to make things happen faster is one that can only be held by people with the ability to see less than a week ahead. What I mean by that is idiots. If you believe Doomhouse's lie that NPO was going to be a threat, and you also believe that ZIing the whole alliance will make them a more dynamic bigger threat that is going to come get revenge in less than another year, you are simply a !@#$@#$ retard. That is really all there is to it. The two are mutually exclusive. If you think that by empowering GOONS to charge my alliance reps based on threads I wrote about GOONS over 6 months ago that you are catalyzing me to write more threads about GOONS, then you are [i]especially[/i] retarded. IF you think that by charging reps to alliances for honoring defensive treaties you are going to encourage war, you are a drooling, helmet-wearing retard. That is precisely why I haven't had anything particularly deep to say for the last 6 months, you live in a fantasy world with no logic, so there's no point. What do you think? That the alliances that couldn't [i]WAIT[/i] to get their !@#$ and get out of the war on the Polaris front are going to be forming super-duper MADPs with Polar post-war, because they were so dedicated they fought for one round? [i]That makes perfect sense.[/i] What, you think MCXA and GATO are going to magically start caring about things for the first time in 3 years now? Here's some news I can give you without a screenshot: They're not. And neither are all these other little and mid-sized alliances and blocs wandering around. [i]Oh yeah, IAA is on the verge of something big. They're about to leap onto the world stae now that they got beat up.[/i]
Anyone that advocates this crap is a liar or stupid. They defy not just all logic, but all history. You think charging Legion $2 billion i reps is going to make them burn with a fire for Doomhouse? Why? The last time Legion got charged an insane amount of reps, they MDoAPed the guys charging them. You think ZIing NPO is going to make them come back with a fury? Why? NPO just got it's wig split in Karma and then spent the last two years doing jaaaaaaack squaaaaaat. What happens after every major war? The lame mid-sized and small AAs that should just disband anyway all flock to treaty the winners. They never redouble their efforts.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1300995536' post='2674885']
LOL oh dear Doomhouse calling for help again. Well I guess its pretty clear Failhouse has proven to be a complete joke. Holy Admin you all must be desperate to embarrass yourselves yet again in public. Poor FOK always stuck cleaning up other peoples messes. Looks like Doomhouse is your new TGE. :awesome: Good luck FOK, with the collection of idiots running this war you have you work cut out for you.
[/quote]

Were you like, stockpiling all these one-liners in anticipation of this announcement?

[quote]In tech deals? At 3m/100? Especially when NADC has continued waffling with regards to peace and wasted our time on multiple occasions and have come under the impression that they're somehow doing well, I do think it's warranted. [/quote]

NADC does this. Did they give you a hard time about using the word "surrender" too?

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301084350' post='2676277']
Words.[/quote]

Schattypoo, must say, your sounding bitter there.

[i]Your right, alliances never change. Wars can't, and have never been fought every 6 to 8 months. TWiP did nothing to change peoples minds since alliances always flocked to power. Lastly, you can never topple a hegamony that abuses its power. I clearly am an idiot. Thank you Schattypoo for showing me the light.[/i]

Guest avenger218

[quote name='WalkerNinja' timestamp='1301052697' post='2675961']
You do realize that once you look past the top four nations on NADC's roster, that your entire alliance looks like our bottom tier, right? Like, seriously. 60% of your top ten nations are the sort of nations that TOP takes @40 days to build.

In 40 days TOP could *build* an alliance that is statistically superior to your "historic" alliance. It's not so much that we're choosing not to blitz, more like we haven't stopped laughing yet.
[/quote]
Yes I know that, I'm saying TOP can't score a military victory, you can't have a military victory if you can't fight a military battle. And yes we were big at one time, but NADC was an economic and diplomatic alliance (GUARD was a diplomatic bloc), we didn't have the mindset to be a military power.
alot of our talent was lost during the Bleu war, sadly we didn't recover.
TOP's victory is a diplomatic and political victory which is far more damaging than a military victory. By that I mean if you face a military defeat, you retain your political capitol and you can bounce back. but if you get outmaneuvered politically and lose your political capitol, it is much harder to bounce back if you can bounce back at all.
TOP is so good at organizing things and TOP has so much money, so many big nations we simply can't fight an armed conflict with eachother, you beat us in the political arena.
why should you get upset that I think you did such a good job building your alliance that no one can fight you. why get upset over my version of a compliment?
sure I trashed some small TOP n00b's that ended up getting bigger, that doesn't mean victory over TOP now does it?
Face it, you guys built your alliance and you did a damn fine job doing it, I personally am walking away from this with a few lessons learned in nation building, Lessons that TOP taught me. I do commend you guys for being so good at what you do :)
o/ TOP

Guest avenger218

[quote name='Richard Rahl' timestamp='1301075444' post='2676143']
You really have no idea what is going on do you? I said that you cannot advocate peace mode as a legitimate tactic while at the same time trash talking people for not being able to attack your nations in peace mode. TOP hasn't blitz? What is there to blitz? Nothing.

You chose instead to turn it into some ooc question, which it is not. How your convoluted train of thought landed you there, I suspect I'll never no. I have no idea why NADC gov has not reined you in yet. I will hold your ridiculous comments against the entirety of NADC. Good job.

e; as regarding TOP's blitz. Where is your top tier? Down around your ankles that's where. And it only took one round of war. That's TOP's blitz.
[/quote]
He asked me why I was in peacemode I told him, the reasons just happened to be [OOC]OOC ones so I answered OOC as there was no other way[/OOC]

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1301090825' post='2676352']
I'm saying TOP can't score a military victory, you can't have a military victory if you can't fight a military battle. [/quote]

We had plenty of military victories against NADC early in the war. That's why you no longer have any nations in range of most of us except those who have stayed in peace mode.

You, I would point out, can't have a military victory because you are under 2k NS and hiding in peace mode. So far, your strategy seems to be to let your nation die, create another one, try again, die, and repeat. Honestly, I can't see why we would find that a major threat.

Avenger, I am attacking three nations that were my size and are now rubble at 5k NS. Timberland, Crispy, Dues PDOX are all destroying one nation or antoher with no resistance from you. Jiminy102 is destroying the one NADC nation that attacked her. The situation is similar all over. We have some 10 or so declaractions on you, and you have none on us. We can only destroy so much with our lower tier.