FOK Announcement

ArneS

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1301578168' post='2681391']
Trying to justify the unjustifiable, giving advice to other alliances to bail on friends so that the beating down of those friends can continue at a faster pace, ITT.

Besides, let's be honest...you won't let them have a "future potential" if they grow too fast, are perceived as a threat because they are on "the other side", or hell if its Tuesday and last weekend sucked. If they are making you uncomfortable and slowing you down from achieving your objective, maybe that's good enough for them. After all, what do they have to look forward to after this? A year of rebuilding and being under terms? Might as well get in a couple more eye gouges and maybe a good swift kick in the crotch on you and make it worth it.

Don't get me wrong, this war has gone on too long already, which is why people are walking around these forums with a chronic case of rectal ache and have been for weeks. To hold yourself (meaning your "side") blameless for this war lasting much longer than it should have however is to lie to yourself.
[/quote]
Whoa there pal. I never said that NADC bail on friends. I think the fact they went in despite w/e odds there were is admirable. Staying in and having you alliance leveled because that's all you can muster is silly. I said they put themselves in a position to help them when they get out. Besides, if you want to talk about bailing on allies, look no further than your own alliance. I see Molon Labe out there, but not you guys.

To be honest, I would rather have them grow and be a decent opponent. Close wars are much more exciting than curbstomps anyways. If VE or an immediate ally attacked NADC with no real reason (preemptive strikes in a war that has already started excluded), I would not support that war one bit. And on the topic of reps, most reps that have come from this war haven't been year long terms (for any quarter decent alliance with one person with planning abilities).

EDIT:
[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1301578757' post='2681394']
Considering the peace offers that are currently on the table, burning every nation in your alliance to the ground is pretty much par for the course.
[/quote]

In the case of NADC, they had two opportunities for white peace. They chose to continue fighting.

Edited by Felix von Agnu

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt the people in NADC are nice folks and it's admirable for them to want to help their friends and treaty partners, but at this point they are contributing nothing to their side in regards to the actual fighting. Their war chests are nearly spent and they've lost nearly 500,000 NS in the last week trying to fend off VE and FOK who view this as a limited engagement. Some have attempted to fight back and attack with nukes and GA's where possible, but we're starting to see fewer and fewer of these as time goes on. There is no shame in knowing you've done everything you could to help and realizing that for the benefit of your alliance and your treaty partners in the long term, it's time to get out.

And to those who say, "what does it matter? you guys will just attack us again when we rebuild..."

Time to man up and figure it out. I don't know what the future holds, but acting like skittish emo children who just lost their mascara isn't going to get you out of your hole. The mamby pamby hand wringing I've been seeing around here makes my stomach turn. Thousands of you have your anger. Now channel it into something productive.

[quote name='Kajdav' timestamp='1301610699' post='2681667']
I honestly don't think I need to give a lesson on strategy or loyalty here. We're helping our allies, and I refuse to believe that you are too dense to think otherwise.
[/quote]

Right, we get that. Now explain how you're helping.

[quote name='Kajdav' timestamp='1301610699' post='2681667']
I honestly don't think I need to give a lesson on strategy or loyalty here. We're helping our allies, and I refuse to believe that you are too dense to think otherwise.
[/quote]

Kajdav, I think your loyalty is admirable. I honestly don't think you have much strategy left now with VE and FOK in the picture, but when you were just fighting TOP and MK, we honestly were outnumbered down on the bottom, and while we finally secured the 5k-10k braket, NADC had TOP and MK beat in the 10k-30k braket for the most part.

With the addition of VE and FOK however, things are a full blown curb stomp, and besides a couple of nukes you are lobbing against low infra nations which can be rebuilt one aid cycle, they are doing nothing. Worse, these battles are destroying warchests of those nations that still have them, warchests vital in rebuilding and ensuring your still able to help your allies in the future. Only a week or so ago I was ranked 87 in your alliance at 5k NS. Now I am almost into the 40s.

I wish you the best Kajdav, but I am sad to see this much damage happening to NADC.