Crimson Guard forums hacked

baseballer790

CGBanner.png

Earlier this morning, someone spammed the Crimson Guard forums protected by a proxy. The spammer posted tons of topics with death threats/wishes, OOC attacks, and racial/homophobic remarks directed towards me. I know I may not be liked in CN, but this is taking it too far. After he spammed up the forums, he hacked them and deleted a lot of files, took the forums down and put up a rick roll. He then screwed around with the host settings, and we cannot access the database or file manager or Control Panel for the host or anything. The forums are back up and running, which I suppose is good.

This is a low blow, especially since we have enough problems as it is. Tampering with OOC property is not tolerated, at all. Like I said, the user registered with a proxy, so we can not identify him. We are currently looking into it. If you have any information about this, please contact me.

We are also looking into new hosts, so if you can help us in that regard, please also contact me.

I would also like to warn all the alliances to watch out for this hacker and spammer, as he can cause a lot of stress and anger, like for us.

-baseballer790

Edited by baseballer790

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very sorry to hear about the destruction to your communication center. I wish you the best of luck in settling the matter, getting your forums in order again and sorting out your membership. I know how devastating these attacks can be. There are no circumstances that make this sort of thing okay, ever.

It's terrible that people think it's necessary to do such things in a game where we should all be trying to have fun. If you take things seriously enough to feel the need to do that you need to really be doing something else.

While I believe the first part, as some people are quite cruel and it would be easy for any internet user to do, for some reason, I don't believe you were hacked Baseballer, especially considering all the times we were "hacked" back in ROFL and Purge. You've cried wolf too many times.

Ok, well, first off, bravo to the internet tough guy making death threats over a bloody game. You are a shining example of a total jackass.

Secondly, I wish Crimson Guard the best in finding this !@#$%^& and restoring your forums to top working order.

While I believe the first part, as some people are quite cruel and it would be easy for any internet user to do, for some reason, I don't believe you were hacked Baseballer, especially considering all the times we were "hacked" back in ROFL and Purge. You've cried wolf too many times.

Uh, then how did that rickroll get there, how did all the files go missing, and how did all the passwords get changed? And how come we were being spammed. I thought the Purge forums were being hacked once, which was a noob mistake nearly 2 years ago.