The Future of Europe

Voodoo Nova

Miri was sitting in her office when she heard the news. Nordland dissolved and those that joined together in its creation were breaking apart and surrendering. She knew it was time to go through with her plan. She didn't know if it would work, or if it would fail, but she had to try for the sake of Europe.

*Public Conference*

"People of Europe and the World. I am asking you now to lay down your arm's against the former nations comprising of Nordland and depart from Europe. Europe does not need your influence here no more than you want European influence in your parts of the world. Your job is done, the Reich has been defeated.The nations that were of the former Nordland Reich went to war against European nations, whether it was aggressive or defensive does not matter. It is time to let the nations of Europe take it from here, to punish as we see fit, to rebuild as we see fit and to unite as we see fit. Europe, frome here on out, will not allow non-European influence here indefinately."

Applause from the audience ensues as Miri walks off the stage. She walks back into her office and writes up a note to send to each leader of a European nation.

Dear <insert leader name>,

It is time for Europeans to deal with European affairs, and leave it to Europeans. Europeans will take care of the rebuilding, of the trial and of ourselves.

As you heard in the public statement, non-European influence will indefinately not be allowed, and each and every one of you are needed to make that suceed. If we want Europe to stop being the powder keg of the world, we need to do this. We want to prevent the past from happening again, we need to work together to make sure it does not. It's up to us now to better Europe, defend Europe.

You are all invited to a meeting about the future of Europe. I want all of you there or a representative that can speak on the behalf of your nation.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Copied from the other thread]

"I believe this would be time to discuss surrender agreements for Nordland. Of course, as most nations surrendered voluntarily, all who broke free ahead of time deserve less severe punishment than those who have not yet surrendered. I have orders from my homeland to negotiate that the former nations have partial demobilization, surrender important documents, and that the governments of the states make a public apology to Uberstein from Wästerdyskreich, Prussia, Croatia, and Germany. As for Nordheim and Norsvea, there has been a call for surrender of some land, demobilization except for police forces, and border guard, TEC officials staying to make sure the newly free states do not fall into the same rut as Norldand, and many in the congress have motioned to issue a warrant for arrest for Martens. These are all in planning stages, but our government views them to be necessary punishments, though, I have been allowed to negotiate these points. Of course, we do not think that the nations should be crippled economically. Such peace agreements would leave the people harboring great resentment towards all those who fought with them, and would more than likely only lead to another war."

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

"Even now that many of the former states have dissolved, the remaining ones still need to be punished for their wrongdoings. I am still told that the remaining states should have to make an apology to Uberstein, at least partially demilitarize, and submit important documents to the TEC. We also still feel it necessary to imprison Martens for he is responsible for this entire mess beginning. I am also told that, with the powers of Europe collapsing, it would be beneficial to direct all nations in attendance to this event towards the TEC. "

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

"Even now that many of the former states have dissolved, the remaining ones still need to be punished for their wrongdoings. I am still told that the remaining states should have to make an apology to Uberstein, at least partially demilitarize, and submit important documents to the TEC. We also still feel it necessary to imprison Martens for he is responsible for this entire mess beginning. I am also told that, with the powers of Europe collapsing, it would be beneficial to direct all nations in attendance to this event towards the TEC. "

"We do not need to move nations towards an existing bloc at this point. We need the creation of a completely new Union of European nations. For the terms of those that have already surrendered, here is what I propose;

1. An apology from the leaders at the time Nordland invaded Mr. Uberstein's land.

2. Any top secret, classified, hidden or otherwise not public documents that will aid in the prosecution or defense of any accused person  shall be released for such purposes only, and shall remain top secret, classified, hidden or otherwise not public.

3. Those nations  shall not face any economic sanctions, nor forced excessive tariffs, nor forced free trade. We shall trade using slightly reduced tariffs, so they can rebuild from this war.

4. Territory of collapsed nations shall be made a protectorate of the entire European continent, under a European Union.

Prussia will have police actions in the Protectorate regions to search for former Nordic leaders.

On the matter of the TEC, some may disagree but we think that the TEC served a particular purpose in challenging the nords, and that now Europe needs a new Pan-euro coalition. There is no reason to distinguish "true - european" as there is no longer a "fake european" to challenge.

"We do not need to move nations towards an existing bloc at this point. We need the creation of a completely new Union of European nations. For the terms of those that have already surrendered, here is what I propose;

1. An apology from the leaders at the time Nordland invaded Mr. Uberstein's land.

2. Any top secret, classified, hidden or otherwise not public documents that will aid in the prosecution or defense of any accused person  shall be released for such purposes only, and shall remain top secret, classified, hidden or otherwise not public.

3. Those nations  shall not face any economic sanctions, nor forced excessive tariffs, nor forced free trade. We shall trade using slightly reduced tariffs, so they can rebuild from this war.

4. Territory of collapsed nations shall be made a protectorate of the entire European continent, under a European Union.

Prussia will have police actions in the Protectorate regions to search for former Nordic leaders.

"Simply put, no. Nordland engaged in an aggressive war, and after being defeated should at least face more than a slap on the wrist. The only points I find agreeable in your movement are 1 and 4. As for two and three, All documents, classified or otherwise should be made viewable to the public, or read over and destroyed. Though sanctions should not be put in place, all trade should be regulated, and the import of arms should be cut off. All former Nordic nations should have some form of demilitarization, whether it be total, or just destruction of blue-water navy, and airforce. We also feel that regardless of their step forward, Prussia was still an important part of Nordland, and should be punished. The idea of a unified European bloc does sound benificial, and necessary to maintain peace in the continent. Here I have some more reasonable terms laid out in totality:"

1. An apology from the leaders at the time Nordland trespassed on Uberstein's land in an attempt to imprison his family
2. Any documents from Nordland are to be handed over and copied to all nations whom fought Norland. These papers are to be used to track down and prosecute all Nordlandic rulers for their crimes, in a fair, international court. All other papers can be released or destroyed as the individual nations see fit
3. All of Nordland shall face no economic sanction, but rather a lessening of tariffs to help rebuild.
4. All sale of Firearms in Nordland is prohibited, and the Bluewater navies and airfirce of the nations are to be destroyed. The number of soldiers aloud in these nations is to be decided on a case by case basis.
5. Territory of nations collapsed shall become a protectorate joint under Europe, and any nation wishing to take land therein must be approved by vote
6. All nations that have not yet surrendered will have peace agreements drawn up separately, of course with increased harshness

"These seem more than reasonable, seeing the circumstances, and the unconditional surrenders."

Slavorussia seeks the return of our territories by Nordheim and the CSSR added to the list. Once this is done we can close the book on this dark chapter of European history.

Memo to the Lady Protector and the Kaiser:

Giving Slavorussia the Baltic will only open a new dark chapter, for the area has only been under Slavorussian administration after the illegal invasion of the First Nordland. I believe that the Baltic area, having been Nordic for such a long time, should be made into a protectorate.

Edited by Sumeragi