Olympus Novus

[center][img] http://www.muirheadconsulting.com/images/olympus/olympusnovus.gif [/img][/center]

Olympus is at the end of another election cycle. I’d like to announce the Potentate Council for the November through January term.

RunningGunK62, Potentate of Defense
President SO, Potentate of Foreign Affairs
Durin, Potentate of Internal Affairs
Grendel, Potentate of Treasury

This is a group with talent [I]and[/I] experience. I’m looking forward to seeing how they move Olympus forward in this term.

We also voted on a small charter change proposal. The portion of the charter being altered is:

[quote] Minimum Potentate structure:

--Potentate of Foreign Affairs has oversight on all external matters including determining the alliances we need to treaty and presenting any Foreign Affairs issues to the Council of Potentates.
--Potentate of Internal Affairs is responsible for management of member tracking, forum maintenance including controlling additional forum perks, and special projects and events determined by the Council of Potentates.
--Potentate of Defense manages our military arm, organizes readiness drills and monitors our alliance defense systems
--Potentate of Treasury manages all alliance aid and tech deals and assists nations in securing emergency trade agreements
[b]--Regent is a working president and is the spokesperson for the government. When there is an odd number of Potentates, the Regent will be elected from among the Potentates. When there is an even number of Potentates, one of the Titans will be chosen as Regent. In this case, the Regent is considered to be a Potentate at Large who will only cast a vote in the event of a tie. The Potentate at Large will assist the alliance as directed by the Council of Potentates as a whole.[/b][/quote]

With a vote of 94% in favor, the bolded section above has been replaced with:

[quote] -- Adjutant is a government apprentice position. The Adjutant will have full access to government level information and discussions and will hold the power to cast tie-breaking votes. To avoid lobbying of the tie casting vote, the Adjutant will cast votes in the same discussion thread where the council votes are being held, however the vote will be counted only in the case when the Titan and Potentate vote is tied. During their term, the Adjutant will rotate working with the Potentates to learn the functions of all the departments. Any member with a ranking of Templar may apply for the job by making an application post in the Adjutant thread during the nominating period of regular elections. Olympians will then select the Adjutant from the group of applicants during the regular voting period. There is no limit on the number of terms any member is allowed to serve.[/quote]

Congratulations to blazerboy525 who has been chosen as the first Adjutant by his peers. blazer was my deputy last term so I know first hand the knowledge and dedication that makes him an excellent choice for the position. Show everyone how it’s done, blazer!

One final announcement for today and I’ll get out of your hair.

At the beginning, the Titans were the founders of the alliance. They set up the vision and the framework needed to establish our community. Twice in Olympus’s history, we have gained new Titans to share the responsibility of serving Olympians. It is not an invitation that is issued lightly. It takes a special person to set aside the honor of the title and to take on the role that comes with it. It takes someone who can see himself or herself as a servant of us all to do the job that comes with the title. No, the invitation isn’t issued lightly. Because of the nature of the role, it is also one that’s not accepted lightly. The work can be hard and the task daunting at times.

I am pleased to announce that the Titan Council has offered invitations to two of our brothers to join our ranks and to help us keep Olympus on her path into our second anniversary and beyond. [b]I am even more pleased to announce that Grendel and President SO have both accepted the invitations and are now serving Olympus as our newest Titans.[/b] Both men have served Olympus tirelessly in and out of government positions and I’m looking forward to working even more closely with them in their new roles.

o/ Potentate Council
o/ New Adjutant role
o/ Grendel and SO our newest Titans
o/ Olympus

I congratulate the elected government on another round of elections and look forward to working with you all.

The greatest 'opportunity' if you will allow, ever bestowed upon me, since my inception here is becoming a Titan at Olympus. I pledge to uphold the values and ideas of our grand alliance and work diligently for all Olympians and our allies.

o/ Olympus

Forward forever.

[quote name='queenhailee' timestamp='1288526880' post='2497944']
Titan. . .Minion. . .

One of those things :ehm:
[/quote]

Oh so basically SO went from his previous post to a Titan/minion combo. Congrats on the promotion to Titan/minion SO. :lol1:

Good luck to the new government of Olympus.

Today is a very proud day for me. Just under two years ago, Olympus was founded based on some very basic principles. Friendship, loyalty and honor. We wanted Olympus to be a small stable group, one that we can truly call family. One that one day we could hand over to our membership and proudly say "this is YOUR alliance."

Today is the first time in our history that one of our founding members does not hold an actual government position. We have grown to the point of good members, leaders and family that the reins have been turned over to our membership. It is a very important day in our history indeed.

Our Titan Council as Queenhailee stated is more of the moral compass for the alliance. We are still watching and very much involved still, but the Potentate council is what keeps us running. I want to congratulate all our new potentates and our returning ones. I know our alliance is going to be well cared for in your capable hands.

To our allies and friends, we open our embassies up to you and have fully stocked them for this momentous occasion come on down and party with us. Our normal shoutouts to our staunchest allies and those we consider our family on purple. Thank you for accepting us with open arms, and watching us flourish into the alliance we are. We have had a heck of a journey so far and its been a honor to stand with you side by side through the best and worst of times. I look forward to our continued relations.

To my family, I couldn't be prouder. From our unwavering support for our family, to some really amazing people, Olympus is a very awesome group of leaders with some amazing vision and knowledge. I look forward to our very bright future as the Founding Titans smile proudly from Mt. Olympus!!!

o/ Olympus
o/ Family

[quote name='Grendel' timestamp='1288546733' post='2498100']
SO and I will work diligently to ensure the Titans and the Olympians as a whole are proud of us.

Viva Olympus
[/quote]

Psst. . .Grendel.

You already have. If I haven't said it enough, thank you. Your trust in me means a lot. I hope you know I'd never expect you to do anything I wouldn't do or spend more time for Olympus than I will. I'm really looking forward to our new partnership.

[quote name='Joe32320' timestamp='1288523812' post='2497935']
Congrats guys :)

Sucks you made SO a Titan though :P
[/quote]

Oh you. :blush:

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1288540514' post='2498044']
AS always Olympus is looking good. Good luck to SO and Grendal your work load just got huge. I look forward to speaking with yall even more now :)
[/quote]

Thanks Bud, hope to catch you soon.

[quote name='DarkEra97' timestamp='1288549934' post='2498134']
SO is a Titan, we're all doomed.
Congrats regardless :P
[/quote]

lol, and boy you know it. You're on a list. :ph34r:

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1288553851' post='2498165']
Try not to break things SO. Please.

OK?
[/quote]

I can't promise anything, except I'll be careful.

:wub:

Edited by President S O

Excellent choices all around.

Congratulations to the new gov members and to the new titans. SO I've known his entire CN life and I couldn't be happier to see him in such an esteemed position with one of our closest allies. Grendel, we're just getting to know one another, but I've seen enough of your work to know that Olympus has made two excellent choices.

Here's to continued success and the growth of your family. :D