Let's get the ball rolling, right.

[center] [img]http://i53.tinypic.com/2ex67mv.jpg[/img]

[size="5"][color="#48D1CC"]Ragnarok[/color][/size]

Article IX of the Ragnarok-Global Protection Force treaty states:

[quote]IX. Termination of Membership:

The undersigned alliances may leave at any time, but in doing so it is understood that it will also void all terms and obligations of this pact. Such a cancellation requires a 48 hour cancellation period after notification before the articles contained within are void. All signatories agree to strict non-aggression during this cancellation period. Ragnarok may expel a member for violation of both the spirit and letter of this pact. Should any protectorate feel they have outgrown the need for protection and assistance from Ragnarok, the parties will discuss a possible upgrade.[/quote]

Consider that 48 hour cancellation period to begin now. Afterwords, they are all yours, if you actually, you know, want them for anything.

Signed,

[color="#000000"][b]Emperor[/b] - Bob Ilyani
[b]Regent[/b] - Joe Stupid
[b]Mistress[/b] - Adelheidi[/color]

[left]P.S: Apologies for the rapid succession in announcements, things change fast.
[/left] [/center]

Edited by Bob Ilyani

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1327270331' post='2904961']
Right on schedule xR1, your alliance is blowing up when I expected.

[s]I told you[/s] Everyone told you so RoK.
[/quote]
And for those who had today as the day xR1 would do something stupid, please report to the payout window

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1327270331' post='2904961']
Right on schedule xR1, your alliance is blowing up when I expected.

[s]I told you[/s] Everyone told you so RoK.
[/quote]

On nonsense. GPF is stronger than ever before. Now what the issue really is, is that GPF has 7+ Ambassadors on their forums and they can hardly maintain 1 on ours, where they have a horrible dry and empty embassy. It's that their gov can only trash talk GPF and has been doing so since day one. It is that their former Emperor threatens ZI's and then rage-quits, and then the next comes and apologizes for over reacting. It's that when there is an issue someone like **** says don't talk about that, or that person you have an issue with because of some sort of hidden relationship and personal life over business. Yet, I think it is absurdly stunning that after all of this, up until a week ago, the Department of Finance for RoK still wanted our technology and wanted to deal tech, yet they could barely upkeep an embassy. Anyone that would call this a poor show on GPF, well I would suggest that you entertain the idea that perhaps this is a poor showing on the ability of RoK to do simple things that are expected when you sign a protectorate treaty. Bottom line, that is why we canceled on them, and by the way it was not xr1, the entity of the Quorum of 12 saw that RoK was inconsistent, and confused about foreign policy from the very beginning and voted unanimously to move on.

[quote name='Evella Vada' timestamp='1327270970' post='2904976']
Yet, I think it is absurdly stunning that after all of this, up until a week ago, the Department of Finance for RoK still wanted our technology and wanted to deal tech, yet they could barely upkeep an embassy.
[/quote]
You do realize how insignificant an embassy is, right?

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1327271333' post='2904981']
[/quote]

Besides that the only people who really maintained contact were Adel and (occasionally) blue. Other than that there was literally 0 contact between our alliances. They didn't care about us, and it showed when they went behind our backs.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1327271333' post='2904981']
[/quote]

Call me old fashion, but I'm from the days when an embassy meant a hell of a lot more than it does today, call it insignificant if you wish. It is a gesture nonetheless. And when your protectorate can outperform you (an alliance as incompetent as GPF), and then have the audacity to come and ask us for our technology so you can rebuild, I would suggest to you that is balderdash, and so would I to anyone with the advocacy of the same opinion. I'd say there is a fundamental flaw here, that would challenge anything that is the tradition of Protectorate/Protector relations, not that is not a precedent when concerning Ragnarok and their protectorates, at least we were not asked to be meat shields like the Order of Justice.

[quote name='Evella Vada' timestamp='1327271857' post='2904989']
Call me old fashion, but I'm from the days when an embassy meant a hell of a lot more than it does today, call it insignificant if you wish. It is a gesture nonetheless. And when your protectorate can outperform you (an alliance as incompetent as GPF), and then have the audacity to come and ask us for our technology so you can rebuild, I would suggest to you that is balderdash, and so would I to anyone with the advocacy of the same opinion. I'd say there is a fundamental flaw here, that would challenge anything that is the tradition of Protectorate/Protector relations, not that is not a precedent when concerning Ragnarok and their protectorates, at least we were not asked to be meat shields like the Order of Justice.
[/quote]
I laughed throughout the entirety of this post.

A) An embassy is inconsequential, IRC is. If they are communicating with you actively (which xr1 said Adel at least was, senior government over there), who cares about if they are on your forum? Its silly.
B) Of course they are going to ask for sellers...
C) How did you outperform them exactly? Growth wise? How is that at all relevant (considering they were at war for quite a while)?

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

All the best to Rok.

Some alliances grow and wish to transition from being a protectorate, to being a fully fledged alliance. And sometimes alliances simply grow apart. GPF has clearly tried to do both honourably and our success will be judged in time.

It appears that our success is something being openly campaigned against by by Bob Ilyani, et al, so perhaps RoK was never a 'fit and proper' protector; but I hope the truth is simply that Bob Ilyani is emotional at the loss of the friendship; a friendship we will both look back on fondly, despite growing apart.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1327272058' post='2904996']
I laughed throughout the entirety of this post.

A) An embassy is inconsequential, IRC is.
B) Of course they are going to ask for sellers...
C) How did you outperform them exactly? Growth wise? How is that at all relevant (considering they were at war for quite a while)?
[/quote]

A.) Same goes for IRC. We have 12-15 members on at one time and had 4-5 members in their IRC channel at anytime, they were hardly able to keep 1 in our channel.
B.) Don't ask for your sellers, if you can't maintain communication on IRC or though an Embassy.
C.) We outperformed them because we kept a decent amount of members on their IRC channel close to 7 in our Embassy.

Nobody is talking about growth mate, please go back and reread, it saves me time and it saves you time.

First RoK announcement in a long time that I agree with.

[quote name='xR1 Fatal Instinct' timestamp='1327271575' post='2904984']
Besides that the only people who really maintained contact were Adel and (occasionally) blue. Other than that there was literally 0 contact between our alliances. They didn't care about us, and it showed when they went behind our backs.
[/quote]
Communication is a two way street - if you only talked to those two, then it's also your fault for not chatting with Rampage or Bob. Trying to pin "lack of communication" just on them is foolish.