European War OOC Thread

Californian

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Apache Missile is not designed for B-1Rs, nor has it ever been used on that platform, but it can fit in the bay, as can a Patriot.

The B-1R can easily fit the bay and has the mass to be carried by the B-1R. This is not a custom tech issue. This is a payload issue. The mounting of the B-1Rs by the apaches would be done in internal bays which would not affect aerodynamics and the B-1R has plenty of payload lift capacity to handle the bombs. That said, the apache is as viable on the B-1R as much as an Iron Bomb.

Resorting to your opposition's methods does not help your own arguments. You don't need patriots on boats.. you need SM-3s.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

The B-1R can easily fit the bay and has the mass to be carried by the B-1R. This is not a custom tech issue. This is a payload issue. The mounting of the B-1Rs by the apaches would be done in internal bays which would not affect aerodynamics and the B-1R has plenty of payload lift capacity to handle the bombs. That said, the apache is as viable on the B-1R as much as an Iron Bomb.

Resorting to your opposition's methods does not help your own arguments. You don't need patriots on boats.. you need SM-3s.

Lol, you didn't read again did you...

Lol, you didn't read again did you...

You are correct as my primary point of my post was to advise that the B-1R can carry that load out. I was recommending the SM-3s to Mogar for ballistic protection in general, not against your specific attack. The only thing left against the DF-21D is point defense systems such as thel, cwis, and perhaps rim-116 sea-ram, all of which are questionable against the DF-21D.

Out of curiosity, how are you targeting your DF-21Ds? Also, why can Mogar not intercept before you hit terminal? Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

You are correct as my primary point of my post was to advise that the B-1R can carry that load out. I was recommending the SM-3s to Mogar for ballistic protection in general, not against your specific attack. The only thing left against the DF-21D is point defense systems such as thel, cwis, and perhaps rim-116 sea-ram, all of which are questionable against the DF-21D.

Out of curiosity, how are you targeting your DF-21Ds? Also, why can Mogar not intercept before you hit terminal?

He did, the problem is it was inappropriate for countering me, hence why he wanted to go patriot.

The DF-21-D once you locate a carrier can be guided on its own.  This was made very easy by the launching of 90 super hornets from one point on the OTH as well as the copious presence of AWACs, UAVS, etc.  The DF-21-D also does not have an exo-atmospheric mid course phase, this is the capability Aegis BMD was designed to counter.  

Edited by Triyun

From the wikipedia article about anti ship missiles.

For example, over-the-horizon radars used to detect ships can be jammed, spoofed, or destroyed; smoke and other obscurants can be deployed when an imagery satellite, which follows a predictable orbit, is passing over a formation of ships;

I'm telling you growlers are not designed to jam all types of radar at all ranges.  They are a tactical jammer, over the horizon radar are called over the horizon for a reason.  Additionally your growlers were attacked by a fairly substantial attack, prior to the launch of the missiles.  

All you need to jam radar real good is a whole lot of metal strips in the air.. or a really large transmitter cranking out the watts on the same band. Also.. I thought hte DF-21D required some sat guidance. Didn't the Chinese crank some sats out in order to support them?

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

By the time you jam a warhead on a DF-21 at the final phase, or a cruise missile, or whatever with chaff or anything else its to late if it even works.  That's something you would learn if you read the links provided.  

As for jamming OTH radars, you'd need to go where they are, something too late right now.

So again, I am expected to spend several hours reading about military technology I will never touch, for a RP in which extensive knowledge of military technology is one of the things the rules clearly state you should NOT need.