[img(100px,75px)]http://flagspot.net/images/c/ch~.gif[/img]

Ultra Alliance Declaration of Semi-Neutrality

The Charter of the Ultra Alliance (UA) requires that all UA nations are legally bound to pursue friendly and impartial conduct toward all other nations and alliances and maintain strict military and political neutrality and non-intervention. Inspired by the Green Protection Agency (GPA), we introduce their policy to ourselves but will not completely become neutral as we promise that we have the right to defend our allies and friends.

All of the beloved members of the great UA must repect and follow the principles that are forge within this document:

Section I - Non-aggression
(a) No UA nation will take part in any offensive military or spying action against any other nation, unless requested to by the Ultra Lunar Leader (ULL) or the Ultranian Defence Minister (UDM).
(b) No nation of a non-UA nation or alliance will take part in any offensive military or spying action against any UA nation(s).

Section II - Non-intervention
(a) No UA nation will intervene, either politically or militarily, in any conflict that does not directly involve the UA or one of its allies, unless requested to by the ULL or the UDM.
(b) No UA nation will knowingly provide financial, military, or technology aid to a non-UA nation involved in a war, or a nation whose alliance is involved in a declared war, unless requeted to by the ULL, UDM or Foreign Affairs Minister (FAM) to aid a known ally. If a UA nation is party to a technology or donation deal, the aid payment will be postponed, in accordance with UA rules, until the war ends, at which time the deal will be concluded.
(c) Nations of a non-UA signatory will not knowingly provide financial, military, or technology aid to a nation involved in a war against an UA nation or a nation whose alliance is involved in a declared war against the UA.

Section III - Free Resource Trade
(a) All signatories are free to establish resource trades with any nation of any alliance and on any Team.
(b) No UA nation may use trade sanctions against any nation unless it is in response to a direct hostile action.
(c) No nation of a non-UA signatory may use trade sanctions against any UA nation unless it is in response to a direct hostile action.

Section IV - Violations
(a) Nations of any signatory found in violation of any of these convention shall be subject to punishment in the form of reparations. The amount of the reparations shall be commensurate with the harm caused.
(b) If the offending nation cannot or will not pay the reparations, then the nation’s alliance will be responsible for the payment.
(c) Any UA nation found in violation of these conventions will be subject to additional punishment as provided for in UA Laws.

http://images.wikia.com/ultra-alliance/images/3/35/UA-COAT-OF-ARMS.png

Signed,

Ultra Luanr Leader
Aidan Groover

Deputy Lunar Leader
darknation66

Ultranian Affairs Minister
The Davick Ark Lord

Foriegn Affairs Minister
asdrubael

Primary Adviser
Nathan Grant

I will ajust it for CN forums soon but it is correct on the UA one :)

Heh. This has to be quite a failure. Your "semi-neutrality" is more based on GOP and far less on GPA since GPA is true neutral. Frankly, any alliance that is not true neutral, is not neutral and should make no claim to be neutral. Either you are or you aren't. I would say that there is no shading to neutrality and it should be the only thing that is black and white. If you think there is some form of gray neutrality, then you are not neutral and are open to be hit during every war your allies are involved in.

One example of a semi-neutral alliance with treaties is The Legion. Their global NAP is what makes them semi-neutral.

Not true. Every alliance has an unspoken global NAP with everyone else. That does not make them semi-neutral in so much as it makes anyone else semi-neutral. 

Section I - Non-aggression
(a) No UA nation will take part in any offensive military or spying action against any other nation, unless requested to by the Ultra Lunar Leader (ULL) or the Ultranian Defence Minister (UDM).
(b) No nation of a non-UA nation or alliance will take part in any offensive military or spying action against any UA nation(s).

Genius.  If only we had thought of this.

For some reason the wording of that document sounds really very, very familiar to me.

I did point out that is was inspired by the GPA. I did just copy it and change the wording. I would rather not type up another bit of paperwork. If it bothers you I will change it when I have spare time.

By being S-N allows you to have treaties of war.

Edited by Aidan Groover

I did point out that is was inspired by the GPA. I did just copy it and change the wording. I would rather not type up another bit of paperwork. If it bothers you I will change it when I have spare time.

I doubt any of us can be bothered by your usage of it but I am not the MoFA or the President, thus don't take my words as an official declaration.

We're always happy when strangers visit us, anyway: feel free to come to our forums and to discuss anything with us any time.

By being S-N allows you to have treaties of war.

Only those we have treaties with.

So you are not neutral since you hold treaties. Gotcha.