A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1301965373' post='2684346']
I think it would be better said as: "It's hard to be taken seriously if you talk a big game and wave threats about callously while hiding behind starving child soldiers in your inpenetrable bunker".
[/quote]
NPO doesn't have child soldiers, they are used as food before they grow to be that old.
[img]http://www.64digits.com/users/HeroofTime55/darkrai_thumb_4_UPSIDELOLWUT.png[/img]

Edit: Grrrrr....

Edited by HeroofTime55

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1301965497' post='2684347']
Sigh...once more, there are no children in NPO. We eat babies, thus making that an impossibility.
[/quote]

You would think there would be at least some issues wrt cognitive dissonence when you wage a PR war talking about ones self-professed superiority and martial prowess while hiding and leaving others who you've taken distinct advantage of to die.

The whammy is that you feel that leaves you with the moral highground.

:smug:

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1301965838' post='2684350']
You would think there would be at least some issues wrt cognitive dissonence when you wage a PR war talking about ones self-professed superiority and martial prowess while hiding and leaving others who you've taken distinct advantage of to die.

The whammy is that you feel that leaves you with the moral highground.

:smug:
[/quote]
I'm sorry your right. I'm currently serving as a meat shield for my alliance, not like you are for mk. :smug:

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1301966036' post='2684355']
I'm sorry your right. I'm currently serving as a meat shield for my alliance, not like you are for mk. :smug:
[/quote]

Are you quartered on the [b]port[/b] side?

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1301959203' post='2684279']
You'd think I'd notice if we didn't use dedicated banks, being the Chairman of the NPO bank and all.
[/quote]

"Guys, we're idiots, seriously, we are!"

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1301958665' post='2684269']
Peace mode has historically been used to either limit counters to introduce a blitz when and where an alliance wishes, to recover from total loss of nukes to restock and not be attacked in the meantime, and for nations who are incapable of war (banks, or people who aren't currently able to access their nation). It has [i][b]not[/b][/i] generally been used for large percentages of alliances to completely sit out of an entire war so they don't take any damage. And if you want someone to change the subject, William is the one who prompted my response.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerishehL4.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I seem to recall it starting amongst the Hegemony side in the Karma War with an astounding rush to peace mode by alliances like Valhalla...Legion...Invicta...really their entire side, once the tables started to turn. I mean really it's whole basis for Purplol. In fact, the great curbstomps NPO partook in, were only great because alliances like Mushroom Kingdom fought them tooth and nail.

I'm sure there are exceptions but for me...that was the rule. I remember, EVERYONE fought in GWIII.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1301959032' post='2684275']
Yes indeed I did. You seem to think that you have the right to dictate to people how to run their nations because why? Not everyone comes to cn for just pointless war you know. There would not be neutral alliances out there if they did. So excuse me, I'll stand next to the guys would like to think for themselves, and not listen to a bunch of facist dicators who drool at the mouth for war and whine like babies when they don't get their way.
[/quote]

Then declare your neutrality next time dawg.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1301941887' post='2684087']
This has been discussed and answered about sixty quadrillion times. I'm pretty sure it's even been answered to you. The answer, once again, is that the war would be over had they fought in the war. The peace mode strategy is not one that planet Bob can condone or allow to be used in future wars. Thus, we're putting a stop to it now.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL8.jpg[/img][/quote]

LOLOLOLOL

Now you're doing it for all of us huh? This is "For Planet Bobs sake".. Well as a member of Planet Bob, I don't want your help stopping this strategy, so you can quit now.

There were some folks around here who mentioned something about NPO not bothering to ease tensions with their old enemies.

Well why don't their old enemies also attempt to ease tensions instead of waiting the other side to do the same?

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1301967198' post='2684377']
I seem to recall it starting amongst the Hegemony side in the Karma War with an astounding rush to peace mode by alliances like Valhalla...Legion...Invicta...really their entire side, once the tables started to turn. I mean really it's whole basis for Purplol. In fact, the great curbstomps NPO partook in, were only great because alliances like Mushroom Kingdom fought them tooth and nail.

I'm sure there are exceptions but for me...that was the rule. I remember, EVERYONE fought in GWIII.[/quote]
I didn't. :(

[quote]

[/quote]

I don't see the point when you end up get declared on anyways, and still, you know exactly what I was talking about.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1301968482' post='2684388']
I don't see the point when you end up get declared on anyways, and still, you know exactly what I was talking about.
[/quote]

Maybe if you folks brought more to the previous political discourse than demands, mockery, threats, and a stumbling and bumbling sense of superiority - you wouldn't be in this current situation?

I can't speak with absolute surety, mind you, but I can't see how any of that wouldn't have helped.

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1301969055' post='2684396']
Maybe if you folks brought more to the previous political discourse than demands, mockery, threats, and a stumbling and bumbling sense of superiority - you wouldn't be in this current situation?

I can't speak with absolute surety, mind you, but I can't see how any of that wouldn't have helped.
[/quote]
Well, one point to demonstrate, is that they did do it (reach out diplomatically, that is), and it didn't help. But, I don't know, what actually happened isn't proof of what would have happened had everything played out exactly as it did. Right?
[img]http://www.64digits.com/users/HeroofTime55/darkrai_thumb_8_reversed.png[/img]

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1301969055' post='2684396']

[/quote]
Um...demands? Mockery? Threats? Sense of superiority? Are you still on pb here or what? And do tell exactly, what have you brought since we are on the subject? Tech raids? Extortion? Slanderous lais? First strike wars?

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1301967198' post='2684377']
[/quote]

will you guys make up your minds alrdy? half of DH gov say the two wars ARE connected while the other half say they ARE NOT connected....wtf is going on through back doors? :blink:

...btw i'm STILL trying to figure out how the hell FAN got involved in this war, either DH contacted them or FAN contacted DH

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1301969410' post='2684401']
And do tell exactly, what have you brought since we are on the subject? Tech raids? Extortion? Slanderous lais? First strike wars?
[/quote]

We may do these things, but we don't hide behind an expendable line of unimportant nations whose hopes we dash with our apathy. We are not unique in bringing these things into common play either.

And for the most part, we're pretty civil about our actions.

Peace had been offered, we only wanted the economic oligarchy of NPO to pay their share of blood to come even with the sacrifices made by the junior nations - the ones who had been misled through propoganda and lies to fight for them. To defend interests that would provide them with no benefit. Ultimately, it could be said that we did it for the proles - a sentiment finally being picked up by the lower classes if the number of NPO expatriates is anything to gauge by.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1301968482' post='2684388']
[/quote]

You would not have been attacked. If you clearly stated you were out, that'd be the end of it. Granted you lose great allies like Legion and TPF (who wouldn't have much reason to stay out of the war anymore) and such but at least you'd truly be "out of it" like you've claimed. If you think Doomhouse would attack you and destroy it's position in the same way NPO attacked GPA and is still haunted by that...

...I'm not saying you do think that way but if you did it would explain a lot.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1301970453' post='2684407']
will you guys make up your minds alrdy? half of DH gov say the two wars ARE connected while the other half say they ARE NOT connected....wtf is going on through back doors? :blink:

...btw i'm STILL trying to figure out how the hell FAN got involved in this war, either DH contacted them or FAN contacted DH
[/quote]

FAN does it's own thing, I think. You need to understand the kind of grudge that can develop over years of permanent warfare, though, to fully grasp the "why".

They're connected in that, NPO's allies were not joining a conflict they were desperately needed in, despite their treaties binding them to do so. They're not connected, because NPO's allies didn't join that war.

If they had it would have become one war. I think. Anyway here we are fighting each other.

Edited by mattski133

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1301971005' post='2684412']
We may do these things, but we don't hide behind an expendable line of unimportant nations whose hopes we dash with our apathy. We are not unique in bringing these things into common play either.

Peace had been offered, we only wanted the economic oligarchy of NPO to pay their share of blood to come even with the sacrifices made by the junior nations - the ones who had been misled through propoganda and lies to fight for them. To defend interests that would provide them with no benefit. Ultimately, it could be said that we did it for the proles - a sentiment finally being picked up by the lower classes if the number of NPO expatriates is anything to gauge by.
[/quote]

Apparently me and countless other 3 year old nations are "junior". I don't want them to come out of peace mode, reduces the targets available for me :smug:

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1301971153' post='2684416']
FAN does it's own thing, I think. You need to understand the kind of grudge that can develop over years of permanent warfare, though, to fully grapsh the "why".

They're connected in that, NPO's allies were not joining a conflict they were desperately needed in, despite their treaties binding them to do so. They're not connected, because NPO's allies didn't join that war.

If they had it would have become one war. I think. Anyway here we are fighting each other.
[/quote]

hm you dont seem to get me...FAN was mentioned in DH's initial DoW while not posting one themselves...this means they had to be integral with the planning of the offensive strike yet did not feel they needed to post a separate thread to announce their attacks....so basically again....who contacted who

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1301971005' post='2684412']

[/quote]
Yes, your just letting mk hide behind you. That's completely differnt!

And I've been NPO two years now, not a junior nation. And lets go and see our oldest nations stats? Wow Moo is at the top of the list, and not in peace mode! Second is Prij, also not in peace mode! Third is Vladimir, also not in peace mode! Gateborg, not in peace mode. Saruman, not in peace mode. Save your breath kiddo, I ain't buying any of your rubbish today. Try a flea market, there might be some rubes there interested.

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1301971304' post='2684418']
hm you dont seem to get me...FAN was mentioned in DH's initial DoW while not posting one themselves...this means they had to be integral with the planning of the offensive strike yet did not feel they needed to post a separate thread to announce their attacks....so basically again....who contacted who
[/quote]

Does it really matter? Either way, no matter who contacted who, FAN were obviously just being opportunistic cowards that couldn't pay NPO back for what they did without jumping on DH's nuts.

Edited by JustIncredible

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1301971378' post='2684419']
Yes, your just letting mk hide behind you. That's completely differnt!

And I've been NPO two years now, not a junior nation. And lets go and see our oldest nations stats? Wow Moo is at the top of the list, and not in peace mode! Second is Prij, also not in peace mode! Third is Vladimir, also not in peace mode! Gateborg, not in peace mode. Saruman, not in peace mode. Save your breath kiddo, I ain't buying any of your rubbish today. Try a flea market, there might be some rubes there interested.
[/quote]

Based on your overly aggressive conversational stance I'd say something is wrong.

Would you like to talk about it?

[quote name='JustIncredible' timestamp='1301971479' post='2684420']
Does it really matter? Either way, no matter who contacted who, FAN were obviously just being opportunistic cowards that couldn't pay NPO back for what they did without jumping on DH's nuts.
[/quote]

FAN sort of lends legitimacy to the pre-empt if anything. DH is just trying to keep the PB/CG/SF choo choo train going in the same direction while they balkanize the "other side".

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1301971675' post='2684425']
Based on your overly aggressive conversational stance I'd say something is wrong.

Would you like to talk about it?
[/quote]
Yes, but you're obviously not worth my time or energy. I would probably get farther talking to my monitor, or perhaps even Ryangdi. He seemed to have much more sensibility.

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1301970453' post='2684407']

[/quote]

Welcome to our world. We still don't know what we could have changed to prevent any of these attacks. Since we got attacked for gaining power, a declaration of neutrality would have done us nothing.
But, on the flip side, since we did not declare neutrality, they declared war on us to prevent us from joining the conflict....effectively drawing us in anyway.

Then, of course, they also attacked us for not making friends with them. They also were worried that our membership does not like them. So, to ensure that we do like them, they attacked us [s]out of the blue[/s] to ensure that our membership likes them. I don't know what you think, but I think that kind of blatant no-cb attack on us ensures that our membership will not like you.

But wait! There is more! We got those who say that the largest reparations in the history of Planet Bob were not enough, nor was 3/4 year of a trading and diplomacy ban, and that over the past 2 years of being neutral have resulted in this:

[quote name='Borsche' timestamp='1301933708' post='2684031']
On the other hand, this is the same NPO. The same leadership, the same structure. The same NPO, with the same crimes.
[/quote]

Which is odd, since leadership has changed and most of our alliance membership is from post-KARMA, and did not partake in any of said crimes.

FAN, I do not blame them for attacking, so I will not bring them into the discussion. Besides, they have been fun to fight :)

Now, let us look at our opponents.

Parts of Doomhouse has stated that we will undergo a month of war before peace terms are given. Now, as they are winning and all, they get to pick and choose terms. Goons, as I remember correctly, is part of Doomhouse, whose members have stated that the terms of our peace are still under discussion, terms that would take place [u]after the 1 month of war.[/u]

But, if there are no terms after the 1 month of war, how can their be discussion of terms that would take place after 1 month of war. Unless that means there will be terms after that 1 month of war, which would mean that Doomhouse itself does not know what is going on with its own terms. So why should we risk our upper-tier for one month, after which we really don't know what would happen.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of confusion that we are receiving on our end. And thus we remain at war.

Edited by Feuersturm

[quote name='JustIncredible' timestamp='1301967627' post='2684380']
LOLOLOLOL

Now you're doing it for all of us huh? This is "For Planet Bobs sake".. Well as a member of Planet Bob, I don't want your help stopping this strategy, so you can quit now.
[/quote]
We're doing it to save the planet from people like you.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerishehL5.jpg[/img]

[quote name='JustIncredible' timestamp='1301971479' post='2684420']
[/quote]
As if FAN need any sort of reason or justification for taking out any kind of revenge on NPO they see fit. Anything FAN gives to NPO is too good for them. And I support them 100%.
[right][img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisR12.jpg[/img][/right]

Edited by Beefspari