A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1301955385' post='2684222']
If the attacking side has a problem with an allowed strategy they should completely discontinue their use of it before demanding through force of arms that their enemies do so.
[/quote]
But we're not using your "strategy".

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1301955752' post='2684232']
Acting as though an alliance with ~39% utilization to an alliance with ~8% utilization are equally guilty of using the same tactic is quite laughable.

Especially considering that the alliance with the larger number noted above has larger numbers across the board in regards to membership and strength.
[/quote]
Yes that's true. Let's do a total of dh's nations in peace mode then, and see how the numbers add up?

goons- 36
fan- 49
mk- 67
umbrella- 6
nor- 10
ve- 8
fok-7

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1301955752' post='2684232']
Acting as though an alliance with ~39% utilization to an alliance with ~8% utilization are equally guilty of using the same tactic is quite laughable.

Especially considering that the alliance with the larger number noted above has larger numbers across the board in regards to membership and strength.
[/quote]

Cool story, peacemode has been used since the dawn of time by those on the outnumbered side. Dont like peacemode then move to the other world.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1301956227' post='2684243']
Yes that's true. Let's do a total of dh's nations in peace mode then, and see how the numbers add up?

goons- 36
fan- 49
mk- 67
umbrella- 6
nor- 10
ve- 8
fok-7
[/quote]

While I don't necessarily disagree with the point you're trying to make, the argument presented wasn't one of Doomhouse v. NPO.

Secondly isn't that only like 12 percent if you tally up all of DH for a comparison?

[quote name='General Milienius' timestamp='1301955757' post='2684233']
Yeah your an idiot. Thanks for your opinion
[/quote]
[color="#9ACD32"][size="7"]>your an idiot[/size][/color]

My an idiot? Where did I leave my an idiot? Did you find it? Can I have it back?
[img]http://www.64digits.com/users/HeroofTime55/darkrai_spin_ani.gif[/img]

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1301956227' post='2684243']

goons- 36
fan- 49
mk- 67
umbrella- 6
nor- 10
ve- 8
fok-7
[/quote]
FAN, NoR, VE, and FOK joined Doomhouse? Why wasn't I informed?
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisO_OL10.jpg[/img]

I also warn you against adding allies to the mix, because just NPO and Legion alone have over 350 in peace, which is twice what you just listed (and that doesn't even count TPF, CoJ, etc).

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Borsche' timestamp='1301933708' post='2684031']
On the other hand, this is the same NPO. The same leadership, the same structure. The same NPO, with the same crimes.
[/quote]

Oh you have got to be !@#$@#$ kidding me with this crap.

Edited by Feuersturm

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1301957651' post='2684258']
FAN, NoR, VE, and FOK joined Doomhouse? Why wasn't I informed?
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisO_OL10.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Are they not fighting on dh's side in this conflict? Or was it that they just [i]thought[/i] dh was going to attack and figured they should also join in, just incase?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1301957651' post='2684258']
I also warn you against adding allies to the mix, because just NPO and Legion alone have over 350 in peace, which is twice what you just listed (and that doesn't even count TPF, CoJ, etc).
[/quote]

Learn history, peacemode of the top tiers has been used for years and years, yourside wasnt complaining then so stop complaining now, change the subject.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1301957838' post='2684260']
Are they not fighting on dh's side in this conflict? Or was it that they just [i]thought[/i] dh was going to attack and figured they should also join in, just incase?
[/quote]

Fighting would imply that there was anybody not in peace mode to declare on. We're more like a cheering section at this point.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1301957838' post='2684260']
[/quote]
Then include NPO's allies too. Which as I already said is significantly more than our side.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL11.jpg[/img]

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1301958010' post='2684263']
Is this like the 50th time the peace mode discussion has come up, or did it never stop? :P
[/quote]

I dont think it stopped since the first time the peacemode strategy came into existence :P

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1301957896' post='2684262']
Learn history, peacemode of the top tiers has been used for years and years, yourside wasnt complaining then so stop complaining now, change the subject.
[/quote]
Peace mode has historically been used to either limit counters to introduce a blitz when and where an alliance wishes, to recover from total loss of nukes to restock and not be attacked in the meantime, and for nations who are incapable of war (banks, or people who aren't currently able to access their nation). It has [i][b]not[/b][/i] generally been used for large percentages of alliances to completely sit out of an entire war so they don't take any damage. And if you want someone to change the subject, William is the one who prompted my response.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerishehL4.jpg[/img]

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1301958159' post='2684264']
Fighting would imply that there was anybody not in peace mode to declare on. We're more like a cheering section at this point.
[/quote]
Ok seriously, is my nation invisible or do I have really bad b.o.?

Why won't dh declare on me!!!! stomps foot.
Hey, I'm starting to sound like you guys now. :lol1:

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1301958314' post='2684265']
Then include NPO's allies too. Which as I already said is significantly more than our side.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL11.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Okay, let me pre-empt this and just highlight how the rest of the argument is going to go. First, someone on your side is going to assert that you use peace mode less, therefore it is okay. Then, someone on our side will point out some statistic like the several times MK has had a much greater proportion of its nations at PM than NPO. Then, someone on your side is going to assert that it is not the number of peace moded nations that matter, but rather how long they have been at peace for, and will point at our banks who have not fought at all. Then, someone on our side will point at MK's various tech farms. Then, someone on your side is going to assert that you use peace mode on a long-term basis less, therefore it is okay. Then, everything will just repeat. Forever.

Edited by Letum

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1301958674' post='2684270']
Ok seriously, is my nation invisible or do I have really bad b.o.?

Why won't dh declare on me!!!! stomps foot.
Hey, I'm starting to sound like you guys now. :lol1:
[/quote]

Sorry dude, we didn't DoW you, gotta take it up with somebody you at war with :P

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1301958743' post='2684272']
Okay, let me pre-empt this and just highlight how the rest of the argument is going to go. First, someone on your side is going to assert that you use peace mode less, therefore it is okay. Then, someone on our side will point out some statistic like the several times MK has had a much greater proportion of its nations at PM than NPO. Then, someone on your side is going to assert that it is not the number of peace moded nations that matter, but rather how long they have been at peace for, and will point at our banks who have not fought at all. Then, someone on our side will point at MK's various tech farms. Then, someone on your side is going to assert that you use peace mode on a long-term basis less, therefore it is okay. Then, everything will just repeat. Forever.
[/quote]

You forgot the point where somebody tells you that nobody's used dedicated banks for some time now, so your claims of 'bankers' is spurious.

Edited by TypoNinja

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1301958665' post='2684269']
Peace mode has historically been used to either limit counters to introduce a blitz when and where an alliance wishes, to recover from total loss of nukes to restock and not be attacked in the meantime, and for nations who are incapable of war (banks, or people who aren't currently able to access their nation). It has [i][b]not[/b][/i] generally been used for large percentages of alliances to completely sit out of an entire war so they don't take any damage. And if you want someone to change the subject, William is the one who prompted my response.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerishehL4.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Yes indeed I did. You seem to think that you have the right to dictate to people how to run their nations because why? Not everyone comes to cn for just pointless war you know. There would not be neutral alliances out there if they did. So excuse me, I'll stand next to the guys would like to think for themselves, and not listen to a bunch of facist dicators who drool at the mouth for war and whine like babies when they don't get their way.

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1301958743' post='2684272']
[/quote]
I will agree with you, but also point out that someone already predicted how this [i][b]entire thread[/b][/i] will go over 130 pages ago, and it hasn't stopped anything. If William is going to respond to my comments by pointing out how many nations on our side are in peace mode, then I'm going to point out that the other side has significantly more.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL13.jpg[/img]

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1301958792' post='2684273']
You forgot the point where somebody tells you that nobody's used dedicated banks for some time now, so your claims of 'bankers' is spurious.
[/quote]

You'd think I'd notice if we didn't use dedicated banks, being the Chairman of the NPO bank and all.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1301959203' post='2684279']
You'd think I'd notice if we didn't use dedicated banks, being the Chairman of the NPO bank and all.
[/quote]
You're not allowed to use strategies that might leave you less beaten up after the war should have ended!
[img]http://www.64digits.com/users/HeroofTime55/darkrai_thumb_2.png[/img]

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1301964566' post='2684334']
You're not allowed to use strategies that might leave you less beaten up after the war should have ended!
[img]http://www.64digits.com/users/HeroofTime55/darkrai_thumb_2.png[/img]
[/quote]

I think it would be better said as: "It's hard to be taken seriously if you talk a big game and wave threats about callously while hiding behind starving child soldiers in your inpenetrable bunker".

[quote name='speakerwire' timestamp='1301965373' post='2684346']
I think it would be better said as: "It's hard to be taken seriously if you talk a big game and wave threats about callously while hiding behind starving child soldiers in your inpenetrable bunker".
[/quote]
Sigh...once more, there are no children in NPO. We eat babies, thus making that an impossibility.