~~An Official Doomhouse Announcement~~

VenetianBlind

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1300144459' post='2665017']
Hey, welcome to Planet Bob! Don't let the derp hit ya on the way herp!

Honestly, you act as if there is some sort of intelligent debate going on. Do you really want to sit here and argue about "What if" NPO apologized sooner? Allow me to save us an argument, I think that they would still get rolled and you don't. A whole bunch of Herp Derp would ensue, and we'd still be at the same disagreeance by the end of it. Next argument, I think you are insecure and full of drama. You don't...I'd say, "HERPDE DERP DERP DERPITY DERP" and you'd say "DERPY DERPY HERPITY HERP HERP" and we'd once again not change the other's opinion. Besides, what's the point in arguing with you? Apparently whatever I say i just a false opinion and whatever you say is a true fact. I'm not wasting my time on you, GOON. What is it that you want to argue about so much where you have to sarcastically agree to disagree and not actually do it?
[/quote]
I act as if there is sort of intelligent debate in the bizarre hope that someone might share my enthusiasm for rational discussion and join me in it instead of simply slinging mud around. Yes I know it's easier and more effective to simply state your opinion with limited supporting arguments, as a short message is easier to digest, and a nebulous argument is more difficult to counter. But I like to think that I have a bit of integrity and shouldn't need to resort to such methods unless I'm trying to make a point by parodying such methods.

The point is that I actually do enjoy a good back-and-forth as a form of recreation, and maybe I like to make it an extra challenge to pick targets that seem precicely opposed to doing so. In the end I don't care whether or not one of our minds is changed, but that both of our opinions is fully expressed. I am fully willing to "agree to disagree" with someone but not until they have given me a reason to believe their opinion has any sort of merit whatsoever. So far you haven't done so. If you don't wish to waste any more time on a Goon such as me, then it's as easy as ceasing your replies.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Feuersturm' timestamp='1300143176' post='2664999']
If we were to offer FAN peace, I doubt they would accept, considering they were the aggressors eh?
[/quote]
I fail to see how this is relevant to what I said. It still took you 2 years to apologize to FAN, and you're only doing it in the hopes that they won't do the same thing to you that you did to them, which is keep you at war for a year.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1300099671' post='2664408']
Mushroom Kingdom
King: Archon
Crown Princess: lebubu
Princess: Ardus
Lord High Vanguard: Drai
Lord High Treasurer: Infinite Citadel
Lord High Communicator: potato
Lord High Inductor: Quinoa Rex
Enclave: Epiphanus, MagicalTrevor, Denial
[b]Minister of Trades: Ivan Moldavi[/b]
[/quote]

If my name is on it then it must be sincere, right? :P

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300154196' post='2665130']
If my name is on it then it must be sincere, right? :P
[/quote]
you were once elected to CDS's MoIA, anything is possible when you're Ivan Moldavi!

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1300149116' post='2665067']
I fail to see how this is relevant to what I said. It still took you 2 years to apologize to FAN, and you're only doing it in the hopes that they won't do the same thing to you that you did to them, which is keep you at war for a year.
[/quote]
Wasn't it two years?

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1300141023' post='2664970']
Kind of similar to the NPO announcement in that regard, no?
[/quote]

Except the fact that this thread is a hock of Bullsh*t. So no.

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1300157936' post='2665213']
Except the fact that this thread is a hock of Bullsh*t. So no.
[/quote]
So whats different about this and the NPO one then?

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1300155089' post='2665153']
Wasn't it two years?
[/quote]
Could be, if it is my mistake.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1300159202' post='2665232']
So you agree it is quite similar then?
[/quote]

Nope. The NPO apology was sincere while Doomhouse put forward this pile of crap. NPO realizes that FAN has the right to attack them (though I don't agree of this opportunity that they were presented with) and any attempt to apologize to the attacking alliance for horrible past events they once did to them is better the nothing.

Doomhouse is currently at war and self justified the war within this thread (the topic) and tried to apologize for attacking them? Sure, ok, makes a lot of sense.

Comparing Apples to Oranges.

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1300159688' post='2665244']
Nope. The NPO apology was far more sincere then this pile of crap Doomhouse put forward. NPO realizes that FAN has the right to attack them (though I don't agree of this opportunity that they were presented with) and any attempt to apologize to the attacking alliance for horrible past events they once did to them is better the nothing.

Doomhouse is currently at war and self justified the war within this thread (the topic) and tried to apologize for attacking them? Sure, ok, makes a lot of sense.

[/quote]

The NPO apology is an attempt to try and get off FAN's radar in hopes they don't keep them at war for... well... however long FAN would like to.

This one right here, DH made a joke announcement to mock NPO. If you looked any more into it than that, then jeez Darth I've been overestimating you.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1300160270' post='2665253']
The NPO apology is an attempt to try and get off FAN's radar in hopes they don't keep them at war for... well... however long FAN would like to.

This one right here, DH made a joke announcement to mock NPO. If you looked any more into it than that, then jeez Darth I've been overestimating you.
[/quote]

Oh I understand what Doomhouse did, it was a just a failed attempt considering NPO was trying to be sincere. Also hence the reason I added "Sure, ok, makes a lot of sense." comment referring to joke thread.

Also, "The NPO apology was far more sincere then this pile of crap Doomhouse put forward." was worded wrong and I fixed. :P

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

Nope. The NPO apology was far more sincere then this pile of crap Doomhouse put forward. NPO realizes that FAN has the right to attack them (though I don't agree of this opportunity that they were presented with) and any attempt to apologize to the attacking alliance for horrible past events they once did to them is better the nothing.

[/quote]
I can't tell if you are purposely trying to not understand whats going on, or if you are trying to twist it, but simply put, you are wrong. This apology is as serious as the NPO one.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1300160594' post='2665256']
Oh I understand what Doomhouse did, it was a just a failed attempt considering NPO was trying to be sincere. Also hence the reason I added "Sure, ok, makes a lot of sense." comment referring to joke thread.

Also, "The NPO apology was far more sincere then this pile of crap Doomhouse put forward." was worded wrong and I fixed. :P
[/quote]
NPO wasn't trying to be sincere, they were trying to save their own skins. And I don't think this was a failed attempt... They aimed at a joke, and a lot of people laughed. That's a success in my book.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1300160681' post='2665260']
I can't tell if you are purposely trying to not understand whats going on, or if you are trying to twist it, but simply put, you are wrong. This apology is as serious as the NPO one.
[/quote]

You shush Caliph! :wub:

Edited by Gibsonator21

Nope. The NPO apology was sincere while Doomhouse put forward this pile of crap. NPO realizes that FAN has the right to attack them (though I don't agree of this opportunity that they were presented with) and any attempt to apologize to the attacking alliance for horrible past events they once did to them is better the nothing.

[/quote]

Who are you to say that this isn't genuine?

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1300162942' post='2665293']
Who are you to say that this isn't genuine?
[/quote]

The fact that the thread contradicted itself before finishing? I never had to say it was genuine, the thread speaks for itself.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1300163910' post='2665317']
The fact that the thread contradicted itself before finishing? I never had to say it was genuine, the thread speaks for itself.
[/quote]
As does the NPO one.

Point. Set. Match.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1300167203' post='2665352']
As does the NPO one.

Point. Set. Match.
[/quote]

Umm no? Your biased hatred towards the NPO clouds your thought process on how NPO conducted that thread. There is no contradictions in that post unlike this topic.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1300168316' post='2665368']
Umm no? Your biased hatred towards the NPO clouds your thought process on how NPO conducted that thread. There is no contradictions in that post unlike this topic.
[/quote]
Looking at your posting history the same could be said about you concerning doomhouse and PB.

Edited by Velox