An Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299990080' post='2662350']
[color="#0000FF"]I must say I'm a bit surprised to see this. I had no idea that the NPO was in the business of making apologies, but better late than never I suppose is what they say. Tell me, can we expect to see apologies go out to the numerous other parties you wronged?[/color]
[/quote]
Multiple IO's and a former Emperor have stated, on multiple occasions, several of the previous actions of the NPO were wrong but that said NPO didnt do all of this alone. When will FOK, Sparta, Gre, MCXA, TOP, MHA, etc etc make similiar apologies

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1299990317' post='2662361']
Mr. Pansy, this is going to sound very off beat and "newbish", but I wasn't aware of any radio show. If you would be so kind would you direct me toward them? I look forward to the sharing of dirty laundry as I always seem to be so out of the loop.
[/quote]
Here is the link to [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=91563"]AirMe's Thread about the Show[/url]

Season 2 Episode 6

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1299990317' post='2662361']
Mr. Pansy, this is going to sound very off beat and "newbish", but I wasn't aware of any radio show. If you would be so kind would you direct me toward them? I look forward to the sharing of dirty laundry as I always seem to be so out of the loop.
[/quote]
The planet bob radio show with Airme, Stormsend, and Hawk is located [url="http://cntalkshow.podomatic.com/"]HERE[/url]

Episode 6 has Mpol. Episode 7 has Emperor Cortath.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1299990365' post='2662362']
Multiple IO's and a former Emperor have stated, on multiple occasions, several of the previous actions of the NPO were wrong but that said NPO didnt do all of this alone. When will FOK, Sparta, Gre, MCXA, TOP, MHA, etc etc make similiar apologies
[/quote]
It was more than just the Continuum. One Vision, BLEU(until noCB), Citadel, and Super Friends(to a lesser extent) all let this !@#$ happen

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1299990600' post='2662368']
So NPO doesn't do what FAN wants and they get attacked for it.
So NPO starts doing what FAN wants and they get attacked for it (albeit not literally).

I don't think a bottomless pit will be low enough to fit the calibre of these people.
[/quote]
It's not like we're surprised, or anything. We knew it would happen!

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1299990644' post='2662371']
It was more than just the Continuum. One Vision, BLEU(until noCB), Citadel, and Super Friends(to a lesser extent) all let this !@#$ happen
[/quote]
Alot of this was before my time, please forgive :P

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1299989566' post='2662328']
Sure, but because of how it's been done the credibility of this apology is being questioned. It looks amateurish because a MOFA is posting in proxy for an Imperial Regent who is acting Emperor and making excuses about it. It feels insincere because it's posted to any and all and not to the aggrieved directly. Baka says FAN is free to talk to them about the apology after the fact in a later post. This also insinuates that FAN had no reason to expect this apology in a public forum.
[/quote]

I think that for either of us to speculate about what goes on behind closed door between the higher ups of FAN and NPO would be a waste of our time. I am certain, however, that this is not the first and only thing that has occurred in terms of communication between FAN and NPO.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1299990229' post='2662358']
Funny, how many beatdowns did Sparta take place in during their time in Q. When can we see them admit they were wrong for rolling GPA or any of those other alliances
[/quote]
Perhaps we can test his new "waterboarding" technique on him? But I suspect he'd admit to anything under the sun at the mere threat of pain, he is of Sparta after all. Doesn't mean I'm not still for waterboarding him just for kicks.

FYI, we weren't wrong for rolling GPA. Rolling neutrals is never wrong.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1299991002' post='2662380']
I'm surprised to see NPO doing this.

[b]I doubt it will make any difference with this war.[/b]
[/quote]

I dont think thats the goal of this. IMO its to make a difference [i]after[/i] this war

Edit- Whether or not it works out remains to be seen as much more needs to unfold first

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299990080' post='2662350']
[color="#0000FF"]I must say I'm a bit surprised to see this. I had no idea that the NPO was in the business of making apologies, but better late than never I suppose is what they say. Tell me, can we expect to see apologies go out to the numerous other parties you wronged?[/color]
[/quote]

Honestly, I used to groan when I saw blue text. But in the last month or so, some of your posting has actually been very valid and insightful. Anyway, I approve.

I don't know if this is sincere or pure PR stunt or something in between, but I would speculate that if NPO was as dominant as they were before Karma, FAN still wouldn't have peace, much less an apology.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1299991138' post='2662385']
I dont think thats the goal of this. IMO its to make a difference [i]after[/i] this war

Edit- Whether or not it works out remains to be seen as much more needs to unfold first
[/quote]

You sir, "get it"

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1299990365' post='2662362']
[/quote]
Quit making sense.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1299991138' post='2662385']

[/quote]
And therein lies the problem, they should have done it [I]after[/I] the war. Anyone can apologize with a gun at their head.

I might have bought it, but not when you can't even get your emperor to post/sign it. On top of that the entire government should be listed as well as TrotskysRevenge and the other leaders around during the time of VietFAN I and II. We all know how important the NPO thinks it's emperor is. If it doesn't come from the top it doesn't really mean a whole lot. Get Cortath [i]and[/i] TrotskysRevenge to sign this and then we can call it a start.

This attempt just looks similar to what GOONS did during the Unjust War. Didn't work for them then and I doubt it works for you now.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299991491' post='2662396']
And therein lies the problem, they should have done it [I]after[/I] the war. Anyone can apologize with a gun at their head.
[/quote]

I wont dispute that, though the only ones whom can answer that definitively is FAN.

The folong was editd by Jasmine so you can red this:

I think it is wonderful that you all know what is in the mind and hearts of the NPO, especially of those who actually wrote the apology or participated in that war.

#1. Cortath is on LoA for RL reasons.
#2. Mary did not have intrawebz for an extended period of time; she came online shortly after it was posted.
#3. FAN was in a convosashun with NPO befor and dorng the postng of this apologe (not editd by ane on :P}

I was the Emperor who executed this war; I have nothing to lose here. Every word of that apology is sincere and hearfelt. NPO, as an alliance, cannot move on or exorcise her soul without making ammends; it is not possible to make up for all that FAN lost and the betrayal that was felt. The only place to start is words; what happens next, if anything, is between FAN and NPO only. This war declared by FAN is neither undeserved or unexpected. The least we can do is the right thing, and that starts with this apology.

Carry on with your regularly scheduled broadcast.

Edited by TrotskysRevenge

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1299991104' post='2662383']
That war was
[/quote]
They decided to roll without using my CB. I had much more valid claims against them then what Q itself rolled with. At least from my perspective, it was totally justified.

And I even gave them white peace before it was cool.