Treaty Cancellation

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1297918125' post='2636351']
I don't think i've seen a single CnG alliance complaining about INT's tie or particularly caring.
[/quote]
You don't care about INT's tie to SOS about as much as INT didn't care about SOS's to Invicta.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1297918790' post='2636362']
Now that SOS has been inducted into CnG (see my sig) this is all irrelevant.
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/W6tBF.png[/IMG]

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1297904107' post='2636149']
Literally everyone on the planet except you understood me, but just for magnanimity's sake: Int has one foreign allegiance and one foreign allegiance only, and they should do everyone a favor and cancel all the other treaties.
[/quote]
Our FA has more depth then you give it credit for. While it is clear that you have already made your mind up on judging us but if your honestly interested in knowing more Schatt then tap me up, I would be happy to discuss it further with you.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1297910678' post='2636262']
At least you remember SOS fighting for International, maybe you could go remind Int.
[/quote]
That was a two way street Schatt, do you honestly think we did nothing in that partnership?

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1297919528' post='2636375']
tbh, canceling on someone because they like Ignorum Rectum is one of the best reasons you could ever have.
[/quote]

*sweatdrop* you.... didn't even try, did you?

Well, good riddance, eh, SOS? :D

Edited by ShotgunWilly

[quote name='Tarone' timestamp='1297932246' post='2636548']
Congratulations INT,

if I look at the reactions of[b] SOS [/b]and their allies, you can only be happy that you aren;t associated to them anymore.
[/quote]

Funny how you would come to that conclusion when not a single SOS member has posted in this thread.

Edited by President Gunn

[quote name='President Gunn' timestamp='1297933324' post='2636557']
Funny how you would come to that conclusion when not a single SOS member has posted in this thread.
[/quote]

Indeed. It appears they took Penkala's advice about shutting up.

Congratulations to you, INT.

[quote name='Comrade Trotsky' timestamp='1297909531' post='2636242']These claims of "oh this was all due to pressure from C&G" are simply false, and untill you can prove otherwise, there is really no point in you dragging this along.
[/quote]
Yeah, confirmed. This treaty was not canceled because of C&G pressure on Int, it was canceled because of Int's attempts at the same with other SOS allies.

I wonder at all the people complaining in here. Do you support eternal treaties? [/quote]
Most assuredly, I do not. I do, however, condemn the actions of International leading up to this cancellation.

But by all means don't let my common sense get in the way of your propaganda/rants.
[/quote]
I'm guessing this is the broad "you" and not a Schattenmann "you" since I have not claimed that C&G pressure was behind this. Thus no reply from me on that point.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1297926224' post='2636484']
Our FA has more depth then you give it credit for. While it is clear that you have already made your mind up on judging us but if your honestly interested in knowing more Schatt then tap me up, I would be happy to discuss it further with you.

That was a two way street Schatt, do you honestly think we did nothing in that partnership?
[/quote]
I thank you for the offer and I enjoy our conversations, but as you'll see, I pretty much have the whole story. International's behavior is shameful, and unfortunately their attitude and behavior toward SOS over the past month has been guided by idiotic paranoia.

[quote name='President Gunn' timestamp='1297933324' post='2636557']
[/quote][quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1297938193' post='2636575']
Indeed. It appears they took Penkala's advice about shutting up.
[/quote]
SOS instituted an OWF gag order in order to try to cool things off a few days ago.

[quote name='Jacob the Malignant' timestamp='1297910668' post='2636261']
This post is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. We did not cancel because of the Invicta treaty. We did not cancel this treaty because of C&G. We are simply two alliances who have grown apart.

This thread is not about Invicta. Stop acting like it is. Nobody cares.
[/quote]
Do you know what I do. not. like? Liars and people who talk to the public like they're idiots. You know what I do like? Proving it.

[URL=http://img140.imageshack.us/i/sos01.png/][IMG]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2206/sos01.png[/IMG][/URL]

Trolling? Really? So if I sign a treaty with Alliance X tomorrow, and go post links to the announcements in my 64Digits embassy since we're allied to them and it might be important that they know, I'm trolling 64Digits?

Edited by Schattenmann

As far as I see it both parties had legitimate concerns and took action. The International took a decision which they believe is in the best interests of their foreign policy. The right to cancel the treaty, undoubtedly, falls within the prerogative. Whilst SOS Brigade, after the whole SLCB drama, feel like they want to pursue a different FA path, since the past one did not work out all that well for them.

The problem is not what was done, but in the way this action was carried out. Had Int been straight up about the true reasons they decided to cancel on SOS we would not be having this discussion now. This is the consequence of the treaty that was signed with Invicta. There is no need to beat around the bush.

Another point of concern is the way the MoFA conducted himself. I would love to see the rest of that topic, I am sure we would be in store for many more examples of incompetency. You are a representative of your respective alliance. Being an MoFA, I would expect you to have some professionalism, meaning you don't cast your personal opinion that is not reflective to that of the alliance... And if your alliance shares your view, then I have nothing else to say.

In the end both parties are better off from this, and I wish both alliances the best of luck in their future endeavours. :rolleyes:

Edited by Robster83

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1297961506' post='2636713']
Another point of concern is the way the MoFA conducted himself. I would love to see the rest of that topic, I am sure we would be in store for many more examples of incompetency. You are a representative of your respective alliance. Being an MoFA, I would expect you to have some professionalism, meaning you don't cast your personal opinion that is not reflective to that of the alliance... And if your alliance shares your view, then I have nothing else to say.
[/quote]

In public that would be absolutely correct, after all as you say our MoFA represents our alliance. However that was not a public thread, it was a private embassy, and as such MF can say what he has on his mind without gagging himself. It is a shame that someone has breached this trust, even though there really isn't anything all to revealing in the thread, looks like nothing is sacred any more.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1297954572' post='2636663']
=Stuff about MutedFaith hatin' on Invicta=

Trolling? Really? So if I sign a treaty with Alliance X tomorrow, and go post links to the announcements in my 64Digits embassy since we're allied to them and it might be important that they know, I'm trolling 64Digits?
[/quote]
MutedFaith is probably the most anti-NPO member of INT government. That statement in SOS embassy was his personal opinion on the matter and not the opinion of INT as a whole. All members of INT have equal say on matters relating to governing the alliance. It is true that the treaty with Invicta was obviously considered in our vote to cancel the treaty with SOS but by no means was it the primary reason for our cancellation.

But as always the "peanut gallery" as OWF is often referred to will make their own conclusions, no matter how erroneous.

Edit: Also MF wasn't our MoFA when he made those comments. He was deputy MoFA.

Edited by Finnish Commie

[quote name='Baron Terror' timestamp='1297962813' post='2636724']
In public that would be absolutely correct, after all as you say our MoFA represents our alliance. However that was not a public thread, it was a private embassy, and as such MF can say what he has on his mind without gagging himself. It is a shame that someone has breached this trust, even though there really isn't anything all to revealing in the thread, looks like nothing is sacred any more.
[/quote]
I think all bets are off once a person's ally starts asking that person's other allies to cancel their treaties with them. And the idea that MoFAs can show their asses in private is idiotic, diplomacy is not conducted in public, a MoFA's work is done in private.

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1297962878' post='2636727']
MutedFaith is probably the most anti-NPO member of INT government. That statement in SOS embassy was his personal opinion on the matter and not the opinion of INT as a whole. All members of INT have equal say on matters relating to governing the alliance. It is true that the treaty with Invicta was obviously considered in our vote to cancel the treaty with SOS but by no means was it the primary reason for our cancellation.

But as always the "peanut gallery" as OWF is often referred to will make their own conclusions, no matter how erroneous.

Edit: Also MF wasn't our MoFA when he made those comments. He was deputy MoFA.
[/quote]
[i]Ohhhhhh[/i] that makes it totally different! :lol1:

The fact that International pissed and moaned about SOS's posting habits coupled with you coming out here in front of the world and saying Muted Faith can throw his hissy fit all over SOS if he wants because that's his right is wicked hilarious. Were you laughing while you wrote that? I was when I read it. That took balls, I will give you that.