With Aztec in the War at this point...

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1296388464' post='2611026']
Well this treaty took a while to come into effect.
[/quote]
I'm sure Athens were struggling enough with TCU, tLW and FAR before getting involved with these two giants. A bold move Athens; putting all that infra at risk for your friends!

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1296389086' post='2611032']
Don't you remember "fighting" them in Karma?

Oh wait, where was that image... oh yeah.

[img]http://web.me.com/danflemming/cn/athens_war.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

If you are going to invoke Karma, Id suggest at least using an image from Karma. The image you use is from Athens-TPF, when YOU guys decided the best defense of TPF was to peace mode everyone below X NS. Really, that may have been the most pointless post I have ever seen made.

[quote name='TheStig' timestamp='1296398918' post='2611101']
I'm sure Athens were struggling enough with TCU, tLW and FAR before getting involved with these two giants. A bold move Athens; putting all that infra at risk for your friends!
[/quote]

Says a member of the alliance, who 24 hours after a declaration of war in defense of their friends, had managed a whopping 19 wars. Shut up. Just stop.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1296399166' post='2611105']
Says a member of the alliance, who 24 hours after a declaration of war in defense of their friends, had managed a whopping 19 wars. Shut up. Just stop.
[/quote]
And what does that have to do with your alliance's cowardice? At least we're actually fighting alliances of more proportional significance.

[quote name='TheStig' timestamp='1296399272' post='2611108']
And what does that have to do with your alliance's cowardice? At least we're actually fighting alliances of more proportional significance.
[/quote]

You are correct, your ineptitude has nothing to do with our "cowardice." Or, maybe, its just that an ally under attack said "Hey could you pick this up, so we can focus elsewhere." To which, we said, "sure thing brah." Thats the irony of defending friends, it is never contingent on the size of the enemy, only on the request. Honoring a treaty = Cowardice. Only in the eyes of irrelevancy my friend.

To suggest the first example that pops into my head, why haven't you honoured your mutual aggression pact with ODN and attacked MCXA? Or were the micro-alliances the 'problem that they needed dealing with', as opposed to one of the most powerful on the battlefield?

...and if that actually is the case, then you must have a pretty weak war department, if ODN know to give you all of the smaller targets.

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1296375951' post='2610856']
We can handle you
[/quote]

Good one. Isn't it a little hard to "handle us" when 70% of your nations are in anarchy? [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img]

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1296385142' post='2610997']
Honoring an MDP is uncool, but forming an alliance like 2 minutes before DoW and bandwagon is cool? Your logic makes sense 57th...
[/quote]

"Bandwagoning?" Last I checked, you guys had a decent advantage when we joined the war.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1296403705' post='2611157']
Good one. Isn't it a little hard to "handle us" when 70% of your nations are in anarchy? [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img]
[/quote]

70% of Nations in anarchy is the way we role :ehm:

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1296399166' post='2611105']
[/quote]

Slightly off topic, but it seems that you clearly don't know much about war strategy then. Considering we aim to be in this for the long haul, to go in with a "good blitz" would be suicide in these conditions. Many others have done the same as us, so I don't see how that relates to "cowardice" at all...

[quote name='TheStig' timestamp='1296398918' post='2611101']
[/quote]

NS of Athens when we declared: 5,495,000
NS of alliances we declared on: 6,656,000 (including the ~200k ns of Gondor nations that went to tLW)
Add about 1,000,000 from these guys.

NS of UPN when they declared: 4,279,000
NS of alliances you declared on: 4,644,000

Do you see anything interesting there? Both of us had allies hitting these targets. Now you could say "but we're fighting CMEA, RnR, and GOD!" but then again, it's not like we didn't want/expect alliances to DoW us.

Like Rush said though, It's about helping allies. Athens is not directly tied to the CB, we're just honoring treaties, much like UPN. So there you go, looks like you shouldn't really be talking smack. Also, UPN really?

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1296389086' post='2611032']
Don't you remember "fighting" them in Karma?

Oh wait, where was that image... oh yeah.
[/quote]

Not only is that not from Karma, and not only was that the strategy that the *other side* decided to use, as Rush said, but it seems you're going to completely disregard any other war that Athens has fought (including this current one?). Athens has 28 nations in paecemode (me included!). It's safe to say that most of these nations are waiting off Anarchy and getting a mini-collect in (me included!. Obviously there are the few that are straight up not prepared for war, but there are very few alliances that don't have that problem... VERY few.

Also, I'm not one to make PM jokes but Sir William does have a good point. You've been at war for 4-5 days and about 60% of your alliance is in peace mode. [i][b]That's the same percentage of your alliance in peacemode that the "propaganda" shows of Athens[/b][/i] and were not even using the mass peacemode "technique" this time around.

Oops

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1296407584' post='2611213']
Slightly off topic, but it seems that you clearly don't know much about war strategy then. Considering we aim to be in this for the long haul, to go in with a "good blitz" would be suicide in these conditions. Many others have done the same as us, so I don't see how that relates to "cowardice" at all...
[/quote]

Considering you've lost almost 40% of your alliances NS so far, the long haul may be difficult. I will give you this though, Revenge had been taking quite a toll on your alliance leading up to the war so I guess you've been long hauling it longer than any of us! :(

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1296410466' post='2611247']
[img]http://comedycentral.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/import/season_08/sp_0802_13_v6.jpg[/img]
Why don't you just shut your mouth, [i]Mr. Scientist.[/i]
[/quote]

Silencing your members eh? It seems that Athens is not ONLY a cowards alliance who sits in peace mode [i]all the time[/i] but is also a repressive regime. I guess I should be expecting a hit squad later tonight . :ph34r:

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1296408338' post='2611223']
NS of Athens when we declared: 5,495,000
NS of alliances we declared on: 6,656,000 (including the ~200k ns of Gondor nations that went to tLW)
Add about 1,000,000 from these guys.

NS of UPN when they declared: 4,279,000
NS of alliances you declared on: 4,644,000[/quote]You missed out CMEA, RnR and GOD...

[quote]Now you could say "but we're fighting CMEA, RnR, and GOD!"[/quote]You're one step ahead! :o

[quote]but then again, it's not like we didn't want/expect alliances to DoW us.[/quote]And yet, they haven't. You need to fire your fortune teller.

[quote]Like Rush said though, It's about helping allies. Athens is not directly tied to the CB, we're just honoring treaties
[/quote]You ignored my ODN-MCXA example. You're honouring the treaties that involve attacking the weak alliances but not the stronger ones.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1296408680' post='2611229']
Considering you've lost almost 40% of your alliances NS so far, the long haul may be difficult. I will give you this though, Revenge had been taking quite a toll on your alliance leading up to the war so I guess you've been long hauling it longer than any of us! :(
[/quote]

Oh don't you worry, we will see it through. Also I never disputed that this will be difficult.

[quote name='TheStig' timestamp='1296411589' post='2611268']
And yet, they haven't. You need to fire your fortune teller.
[/quote]

Our oracles are failing us :(

[quote name='TheStig' timestamp='1296411589' post='2611268']
You ignored my ODN-MCXA example. You're honouring the treaties that involve attacking the weak alliances but not the stronger ones.
[/quote]

Well, =LOST=, ODN and DiCE, all treaty partners of Athens are all hitting MCXA as well as 3-4 other alliances so they have that front covered fairly well. As for "weak alliances" I already pointed out that we declared on at least 2 million more NS than we had (at the start of the war). You would have us declare on an alliance that has almost the same NS as us while we are already fighting with such odds (again, ignoring allies because really, there are allies everywhere)? The fact that the alliances are smaller doesn't change the fact that added up, they are larger. It's incredibly easy for members of different alliances to get on IRC and coordinate attacks, the AA you fly shouldn't prevent you from working with others.

Every alliance needs to be taken care of and seeing as this is a coalition war, Athens has assumed the role of the garbage man (no disrespect intended), helping to mop up the small-medium small alliances. Now if someone would just declare on ODN or Athens, we could REALLY have some fun.

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1296407584' post='2611213']
[/quote]

Please, just dont. The story of your accidental DOW(a day ahead of time), came to us quickly from the allies you entered with. Even THEY were embarrassed by your performace, and no, it was no strategy. It was further horrid incompetence, in a long history of incompetence. As to your referencing cowardice, it was YOUR member who used that term to us, I, did not use it to him. So your referencing it, is... amusing.