Joint R&R - Menotah Announcement

EgoFreaky

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]• Menotah: 6.77 --> 6.73 (-0.04)[/quote]

It's not like you were getting devastated. So why, why? I don't understand it. If you can still dish out damage while taking minimal losses the only explanation as to why you would want to surrender is to save your skins before the going gets tough. Did you know what kind of war this wold be before you entered? You didn't do your allies a service, you did them a disservice. When others look at this announcement they'll feel as if they have no hope, no chance just because you all decided to run away before things got bad. Running for self-preservation. It used to be that alliances were humiliated to aid their allies, now it seems like they'll only go in to shut up the critics and stay in there for no more than a week or even a few days.

Take your infra and go. I'd say to ally RnR for next war but I think even they know that such allies cannot be good for any potential war that requires you to last for fewer than a week.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1296109425' post='2604938']
It's not like you were getting devastated. So why, why? I don't understand it. If you can still dish out damage while taking minimal losses the only explanation as to why you would want to surrender is to save your skins before the going gets tough. Did you know what kind of war this wold be before you entered? You didn't do your allies a service, you did them a disservice. When others look at this announcement they'll feel as if they have no hope, no chance just because you all decided to run away before things got bad. Running for self-preservation. It used to be that alliances were humiliated to aid their allies, now it seems like they'll only go in to shut up the critics and stay in there for no more than a week or even a few days.

Take your infra and go. I'd say to ally RnR for next war but I think even they know that such allies cannot be good for any potential war that requires you to last for fewer than a week.
[/quote]
I will not justify for you our reasoning for having declared peace with RnR. I will clarify however, that we did not declare peace for self preservation, we did not surrender, and yes we were well aware of what kind of war this would be. We haven't run away, we've simply set down our swords for now. My infra hah... I would give up every last level of it if I thought it would end the suffering of our allies.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1296108507' post='2604895']
If you don't intend on lasting for longer than a week, please don't even enter. Just don't.
[/quote]

If this is how you treat the people who came in to fight for YOUR SIDE, then it's no wonder...

Congrats to R&R and Menotah!

Edited by Zero-One

I like R&R and I have no idea who Menotah is. So well done R&R. Menotah maybe you have a really good reason for walking away from this war already. If you do, I would suggest you quickly share it as this will not go well for you here or in the future if the current perception remains.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1296110306' post='2604973']
Why didn't you then.
[/quote]
Because it wouldn't have ended the suffering of our allies. If you can find or provide a deal in which we can bring peace to USN and UPN from their attackers in a situation in which I must be ZI'd I would sell every level personally.

[quote name='Fireblade' timestamp='1296109997' post='2604954']
I will not justify for you our reasoning for having declared peace with RnR. I will clarify however, that we did not declare peace for self preservation, we did not surrender, and yes we were well aware of what kind of war this would be. We haven't run away, we've simply set down our swords for now. My infra hah... I would give up every last level of it if I thought it would end the suffering of our allies.
[/quote]

No, you did surrender and you did leave your allies out to dry. How much more cut and dry can all this be? You thought you wouldn't make a difference, fine. But the fact you decided to "lay down your swords" in such a public display for all to see is more demoralizing than you believe. You may have been unimportant, but the mere sight of you giving up at the first sign of trouble is a [i]horrendous[/i] message to our coalition and more importantly of your value to the allies you decided to "fight" for.

Next time don't join a war. If you believe that being in a war and staying in one means you have to be a game changer then please just merge into the GPA or sign some sort of very optional pact with THL or something.

[quote]Because it wouldn't have ended the suffering of our allies. If you can find or provide a deal in which we can bring peace to USN and UPN from their attackers in a situation in which I must be ZI'd I would sell every level personally.[/quote]

The objective is not to end the suffering of your allies, the objective is to [i]endure[/i] the pain along with your allies. That's what a true friend is, obviously you see it correlated with some value of intrinsic worth. How sad.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1296110479' post='2604981']
I like R&R and I have no idea who Menotah is. So well done R&R. Menotah maybe you have a really good reason for walking away from this war already. If you do, I would suggest you quickly share it as this will not go well for you here or in the future if the current perception remains.
[/quote]
The perception of the rest of CN is not my concern, the only things that concern me are the opinions and conditions of our allies. Believe what you want to.

[quote name='Fireblade' timestamp='1296110674' post='2604995']
The perception of the rest of CN is not my concern, the only things that concern me are the opinions and conditions of our allies. Believe what you want to.
[/quote]

Next time, evaluate if you're going to make any difference for your allies before you declare war and embarrass yourself.

[quote name='Fireblade' timestamp='1296110674' post='2604995']
the only things that concern me are the opinions and conditions of our allies.
[/quote]

Well, their condition strength wise will be worse, moral wise, I can't see them feeling great about an ally backing out. Unless you mean conditions for their wars to end, in which case, it doesn't matter because you have no say anymore as you have signed an agreement stating you won't reenter, so what would you do if you didn't agree with the conditions?

Did you inform your allies that you where discussing peace?

[/quote]
Hey dumbass, you surrendered. Call it white peace, call it taking a break, but whatever you call it you surrendered.

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1296108777' post='2604917']
I knew that menotah/usn/upn will surrender the soonest :D
[/quote]

Nah THL has that one locked up

We haven't run away, we've simply set down our swords for now.
[/quote]

Which is precisely why in the terms you agreed not to re-enter the war.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1296110532' post='2604987']
No, you did surrender and you did leave your allies out to dry. How much more cut and dry can all this be? You thought you wouldn't make a difference, fine. But the fact you decided to "lay down your swords" in such a public display for all to see is more demoralizing than you believe. You may have been unimportant, but the mere sight of you giving up at the first sign of trouble is a [i]horrendous[/i] message to our coalition and more importantly of your value to the allies you decided to "fight" for.[/quote]
You may call our agreement of peace whatever you want. We did not give up at the first sign of trouble, there was no sign of trouble. We simply came to a reasonable agreement with RnR which satisfied both parties.

[quote]Next time don't join a war. If you believe that being in a war and staying in one means you have to be a game changer then please just merge into the GPA or sign some sort of very optional pact with THL or something.
[/quote]You have no authority to direct what war we join or do not join. We do not believe that we have to be a "game changer". We have no intentions of merging with GPA.
[quote]

The objective is not to end the suffering of your allies, the objective is to [i]endure[/i] the pain along with your allies. That's what a true friend is, obviously you see it correlated with some value of intrinsic worth. How sad.
[/quote]We do not share the same objectives, though we have no problem with enduring pain along with our allies. You cannot possibly understand our true perceptions, and we have no obligation to share them with you or anyone other than our allies.